SBT: Coconut Cream Pie

Cream, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “On the Eighth Day of Christmas, SBT sent me this tea! And I love this one. This one delivers the coconut cream pie! Creamy, coconut-y, and decadent, like someone liquefied a slice of coconut...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes
  • “I ordered a few of the SBT to try since the fiance (soon to be husband!!! OMG I'M GETTING MARRIED IN ONE DAY!!) and I both really like iced tea. There was a bit of an ordeal getting these. Our mail...” Read full tasting note
    kiki 156 tasting notes

From 52teas

Premium Organic black tea with organic flavors. Each 14g teabag will make one 2-quart pitcher of DELICIOUS iced tea. Re-steep the teabag and you can get a full gallon out of each one. Steep in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. (3 minutes MAX.) Then combine with ice and water to make a 2-quart pitcher. It couldn’t be simpler – OR more delicious!

About 52teas View company

On the Eighth Day of Christmas, SBT sent me this tea!

And I love this one. This one delivers the coconut cream pie! Creamy, coconut-y, and decadent, like someone liquefied a slice of coconut cream pie and mixed it with black iced tea. YUM!

The black tea is well-balanced with the flavoring. It is creamy, vanilla-y and coconut-y. Notes of butter give off a sort of “pastry” like flavor. Really yum.

Here’s my full-length article: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/01/01/eighth-day-christmas-southern-boy-teas-edition/

I ordered a few of the SBT to try since the fiance (soon to be husband!!! OMG I’M GETTING MARRIED IN ONE DAY!!) and I both really like iced tea. There was a bit of an ordeal getting these. Our mail carrier didn’t deliver these because “no one was home” in order to receive the package. um, wait, we were home all day! We didn’t get the slip stating that the package wasn’t delivered though. I only found out because I checked the tracking knowing that it was supposed to arrive. ugh.

On to the tea though! I was really nervous to brew this up due to some of the “brewing mishap” reviews I’ve read regarding this tea series. I measured out the two quarts into my pitcher, and then transferred about 2 1/2 cups of that to a pot on the stove. Covering the pot I brought the water just to a boil, shut off the burner, added the bag of tea, and started my timer. Two minutes and 50 seconds later I fished out the bag, and poured the tea from the pot to my pitcher. Set in the fridge and wait until cold!

The dry tea had hints of a creaminess to it, but I wasn’t really getting anything else. Brewed up there is definitely a creamy vanilla scent going on. Taste-wise it’s an enjoyable base, smooth. I am just not getting coconut cream pie. I really really really wanted coconut cream pie. Added some home-made simple syrup to make it a sweet iced tea. Again really lovely, just not what I was expecting/hoping for.

ETA: Totally delish sweetened and with half and half! Still not getting a lot of coconut though. bummer!

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

__Morgana__

Congrats!!!

MissB

I hope tomorrow exceeds your wildest expectations. :)

Roswell Strange

Wow. Congrats!

gmathis

Be blessed, the both of you!

Hello.Kiki

Thanks guys! It’s going to be on our ten year anniversary! Crazy!