SBT: Butterbeer

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “On the Third day of Christmas, SBT sent me this iced tea! I was excited to try this one, because I loved the original (52Teas version) of the Butterbeer so I was anxious to see how well the iced...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes
  • “Steeped up half the package again. This time in 1.5 cups hot water for 4 minutes, then diluted with ice and room temp water to 3.5 cups. This is way better than the almond milk, although it's a...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1169 tasting notes

From 52teas

Premium Organic black tea with organic flavors. Each 14g teabag will make one 2-quart pitcher of DELICIOUS iced tea. Re-steep the teabag and you can get a full gallon out of each one. Steep in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. (3 minutes MAX.) Then combine with ice and water to make a 2-quart pitcher. It couldn’t be simpler – OR more delicious!

About 52teas View company

On the Third day of Christmas, SBT sent me this iced tea!

I was excited to try this one, because I loved the original (52Teas version) of the Butterbeer so I was anxious to see how well the iced tea version held up.

It’s still good, but not quite as good as the 52Teas version … although I suspect that might have more to do with the fact that I had originally cold-brewed this tea. The hot-brewed resteep was better than the first cold-brew. Fortunately, I do have another pouch of this tea so the next time I brew it, I’ll hot-brew it right from the start.

In the meantime, I’m not going to rate this one. I’ll hold off on that for a time when I have the opportunity to steep my second pouch of the tea.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/12/27/third-day-christmas-southern-boy-teas-edition/

This is way better than the almond milk, although it’s a bit on the bitter side of things.

I think I’m just going to cold steep these going forward. It’s easier, although not as fast, and produces a more mellow base.

(Edit: I can always hot steep after to suck any remaining goodness out of the tea. :) )

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 7 g
Suziqzer

Looking forward to doing this one and others like it iced this summer :)