Tiramisu Oolong

Oolong Tea
Cacao Nibs, Marshmallow Root, Oolong Tea, Organic Flavours
Baked Bread, Eggnog, Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

• “Oh wow, I really like this! Thanks to Dexter3657 for sending it to me. To be honest, I've found 52teas to be very hit or miss lately so I wasn't sure I'd like this but on the other hand it sounds...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes
  • “My brain feels fuzzy. I watched The Hobbit 2 today in the higher frame rate of 48 fps. It was like watching a video game. Super weird, and my brain hasn’t recovered yet. I don’t know how Peter...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 544 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (221) Thank you *Courtney* for sending this my way but this tea has fallen victim to my dislike of oolong. I think I have FINALLY realized that more times than not, I don't like pu'erh...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2073 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Yummy! This was a tea I was excited to try ... Tiramisu Oolong? Um ... yes please! The Oolong has a rich and toasty flavor that accentuates the flavoring nicely. I can taste the rum,...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4641 tasting notes

From 52teas

This week we have a nice toasty oolong blended with cacao nibs, marshmallow root and organic flavors, including some coffee, chocolate, rum and vanilla cake flavors. That’s right, we made a Tiramisu Oolong. I have a feeling this one is going to go fast. It’s a special dessert blend with an extra special base tea. Get it while you can and see everything we currently have in stock at www.zoomdweebies.com

About 52teas View company

Oh wow, I really like this! Thanks to Dexter3657 for sending it to me. To be honest, I’ve found 52teas to be very hit or miss lately so I wasn’t sure I’d like this but on the other hand it sounds potentially awesome, no? (I’m dating myself here by confessing I LOVE tiramisu in all its early ‘90s glory, yum!) Turns out it’s great! The tang promised in a lot of Frank’s cream cheese-involved blends never shows up for me, so I was excited I could smell a sour cream tang along with roasty coffee in both the dry leaf and the finished tea! The body/feel is fairly light but the flavor is really there, all of it—the sweet vanilla and roasty coffee, chocolate, sour cream, and even an icing thing, possibly from the marshmallow. I would order this, woo! It was so inspiring I decided to have some coconut yogurt to go with to pump up that tangy flavor I love, yum.

Roswell Strange

Sounds really yummy!

boychik

Great, now I want tiramisu ! What the brand of coconut yogurt? Recently I had amazing coconut yogurt I got at Stop&Shop

Dexter

Awesome, glad you enjoyed this – there was a little worry about you and 52teas blends. Glad it worked for you. :))

ifjuly

boychik, it was just So Delicious brand, which I’m not very familiar with—we just happened to have a coupon for it a while back, so. Was really good with the tea though, hee.

Dexter3657, sorry about that! Yeah, this is lovely. Thank you!

ifjuly

oh man boychik, I’ve had Siggi’s I think, only once maybe, while out of town somewhere…it was really really good! Jealous you can get it, haven’t seen it around my Kroger alas.

My brain feels fuzzy. I watched The Hobbit 2 today in the higher frame rate of 48 fps. It was like watching a video game. Super weird, and my brain hasn’t recovered yet. I don’t know how Peter Jackson could get this story so wrong. The second film is worse than the first. Someone described it to me as “fan fiction” and they are totally right! Jackson’s The Hobbit is pure fan fiction. Anyway, because of my fuzz brain, this tasting note may not entirely make sense. But here goes!

ON TO THE TEA!

The leaves look dark to me. Is this a Formosa oolong? The brewed tea aroma is chocolate, oolong, and maybe a hint of coffee. Mmm, the flavor is a lot stronger than the aroma. That’s a change for the better that I’m not used to. It’s usually the other way around with the aroma being more potent than the flavor.

The flavor is chocolaty, creamy oolong. I am getting a hint of coffee too. Overall, the cup is becoming more muted as it cools. This is one to enjoy piping hot! I still can’t tell if this is a Formosa oolong or green. I guess I’m leaning towards green, but it’s not very vegetal.

This isn’t sugary sweet or cake-like. So, I don’t think it could take the place of real tiramisu should you have a craving. But it is a delicious tea, and I’m glad I had the chance to try it. Thank you for sharing, Courtney!

JustJames

oh, thanks for the warning about the hobbit! no need to watch from the sounds of it!

CHAroma

LOL! I can’t not watch it. It’s like a train wreck. At the very least, I don’t recommend watching it at the higher frame rate. It’s impossible to get sucked into the film. Everything just looks so fake it kept pushing me out and reminding me that I was watching a movie. I can usually really get pulled into films, but not when it’s shot like this. Blech.

Fjellrev

Geez, I haven’t even watched the first one yet. :/

Cavocorax

OH, that makes me so sad. I saved the first Hobbit movie to watch on my birthday as a “treat” because the hubby would not normally consider it.

It was painful. It was so awful. I guess I won’t bother with the other two. I prefer to read my fanfiction. :P

OMGsrsly

I’m still watching it Christmas Day. I’m a bit of a completist when it comes to book series and movies, much to my brain’s dismay. :) (Yes, fanfic! Party elves! (Ooh, maybe I should dress up.))

2073 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (221)

Thank you Courtney for sending this my way but this tea has fallen victim to my dislike of oolong. I think I have FINALLY realized that more times than not, I don’t like pu’erh or oolong and so I think I have decided to stop trying them. I know this means I might miss out on something great but there is just so much tea in the world that I know I just can’t try them all.

As for this tea specifically, I really wanted to like it. If I could look past the oolong, I would say this is actually a pretty great representation of tiramisu. It is both creamy and cakey with a nice vanilla-coffee flavor. Alas, the first flavor that hit my tongue when I took a sip was oolong and that is just not for me. Though, I would say that anyone who doesn’t mind/likes oolong, would probably enjoy this cup.

Courtney

Aw yeah I didn’t enjoy this one at all. Although, I like oolongs haha, just as a general rule, not flavoured ones.

Backlog:

Yummy!

This was a tea I was excited to try … Tiramisu Oolong? Um … yes please!

The Oolong has a rich and toasty flavor that accentuates the flavoring nicely. I can taste the rum, the coffee notes, and the vanilla notes. The marshmallow adds a bit of “fluffy” to the taste. I do wish I tasted more chocolate. But, then, when do I ever wish the opposite? I can’t think of a time when I thought “gee, this tea could use less chocolate.” I don’t think I’ve ever actually said that about a tea. I don’t think I ever will either. Chocolate … well, one can never have too much, can they?

I liked this one. Quite good.

Oh no! I’m so bummed! I guess the flavors don’t hold up well over time in this tea. I plowed through half the bag, decided to savor the rest and take my time with it to make it last, but that may have been the wrong choice. All I can taste is the oolong. So sad.

Kittenna

Boo. I should finish mine sooner rather than later, then.

Well, now I REALLY can’t wait for my husband to have some time to come home for Christmas, because he will LOVE LOVE LOVE this tea! He’s mostly the reason I had to snag it, because he is a big fan of tiramisu and oolong, so it seemed perfect!
The dry leaf smelled very creamy and custard-y, with hints of chocolate and coffee. Very promising! I steeped it for only a minute, because I do intend to try resteeping it later (when my baby is not sleeping on my lap). The brew smells very much of green oolong, a somewhat astringent nutty smell. The coffee and chocolate seem to have disappeared, but I know smell isn’t everything, so I sweetened it a little, to help those flavors out. I had meant to add milk, but I forgot to do that before I sat down to nurse, and, well, it got left out. I think I will like it better when I can add milk, because I can taste hints of the chocolate and the cream, but they’re not quite strong enough, and the coffee is nowhere to be found. I am not going to rate this one, because while I know this review didn’t turn out very praising, at least part of the issue is the way I prepared it. I’m going to make this taste right, later. And when I have, I will rate it.

From the LiberTEAS sampler I bought a while back

3 minute steep, 1.5tsp per 12oz of 190F water.

Once steeped it yielded a golden tea that smells – oddly enough – both vegetal and chocolatey. I’m not sure if I would consider it “tiramisu” at this point, but I’m hopeful.

One sip in and there’s the roasty oolong from the description with a sweetly dessert note from the marshmallo and cacao. The taste is rather deceptive – the smell is almost grassy – but this is one I’d be more than happy to drink again in the future. It’s warm and comforting and kinda restful (without really hitting any of the dessert-type cravings).

So if you’d like a sweet dessert oolong I’d definitely recommend this one…but it’s definitely not the espresso-laden dessert I was expecting from the description.

EDIT: Second steep lost pretty much all of the dessert flavours that made this one so delightful…it became very roasty oolong which – while not bad – was rather disappointing. I’d like it better if the flavours hung around a little longer, so I’m knocking my score down a wee bit.

Ooh, I like this. It’s much more subtle than I expected, with a nice green oolong base and a gentle creamy flavor and mouthfeel on top of it. There’s a little bit of espresso to it and an aftertaste like cookies—all the flavors are just as they should be. The cream flavor especially is just perfect. I might experiment with a higher temperature to see if I can tease out some bolder flavors, but this is delicious!

Having a pretty lazy Saturday wile the hubby is out of town, and kids aren’t bothering me too much. Daughter asked for tea (running out of French Toast tea…her favorite!), and I decided to make some of this.

Nice and relaxing…a tang in there, but nice and mellow.

3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

My second day of Christmas tea from the 52 Teas Christmas Box.

Today’s tea sounds very interesting! I’m not a huge fan of tiramisu since it’s coffee related but I do like it on a rare occasion and I’ve been thinking about it for the last year. So this was a nice surprise, and in Oolong form too, very cheeky.

I open the packet and I am met with a milky/creamy and slightly spiced scent with mild sweetness. It reminded me of eggnog.

Once steeped this tastes as creamy as it smells along with a gentle baked cake/bread taste with a touch of spice. It still reminds me of eggnog though compared to Butiki’s eggnog it’s not as creamy nor sweet. It’s flavour as a whole is rather mild and most flavours come through in the after taste, otherwise it’s very much a simple plain milk Oolong. It contains cocoa nib which at a stretch adds some sourness though sometimes I find milk Oolong to be slightly sour anyway.

Does it taste like tiramisu? No, sorry Frank but it does not. Instead it’s a lightly spicy Oolong which is actually rather tasty. Eggnog like enough to be Christmas themed and a joyous atmospheric tea. I’m happy enough with this blend and shall have no issue finishing this one.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Eggnog, Spices