Cran-Strawberry Young Hyson

Green Tea
Cranberry, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Another of the 52 teas that I received in my sampler from Marzipan. I absolutely LOVE it! The aroma is amazing and it tastes great. Thank you Marzipan for introducing me to this wonderful brew. :)” Read full tasting note
    hippiechick 42 10 tasting notes
  • “My tea tasting today is kind of messed up, we ended up having to get a plumber out here to take a look at our pipes, which is turning out to be a bigger job then we thought, (And alot more $$....” Read full tasting note
    lynxiegrl 177 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I ended up liking this one a lot more than I thought I would. I was pretty sure I'd like it, I like strawberry, I like cranberry and I'm becoming more and more fond of Young Hyson teas...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes

From 52teas

Our Tea of the Week for the week of November 25, 2013

Thinking about Thanksgiving this week and cranberry sauce and decided to make this delicious blend of sweet young hyson green tea with dried cranberries, freeze-dried strawberries and organic flavors. See everything we currently have in stock at zoomdweebies.com

About 52teas View company

Flavors: Cranberry, Strawberry

My tea tasting today is kind of messed up, we ended up having to get a plumber out here to take a look at our pipes, which is turning out to be a bigger job then we thought, (And alot more $$. Sighs)
So, on to this tea. Maybe it’s due to the crazy right now, but I’m not loving or even liking this tea right now. In fact it’s taking alot of my will power to finish it. It’s not terrible, and thinking I’ll save the rest of the sample for iced tea in a few months. But if it were still current stock, I highly doubt I’d want a bag.

I can barely taste any strawberry, I don’t taste any cranberry which is really disappointing, as I love sweet tart flavors.

Backlog:

I ended up liking this one a lot more than I thought I would. I was pretty sure I’d like it, I like strawberry, I like cranberry and I’m becoming more and more fond of Young Hyson teas (although my first experience with a Young Hyson was not a good one and for a long while there, when I would see a “young hyson” I sort of cowered.)

But this is pretty darned good. The flavors are not competing with one another, they work together very harmoniously. Sweet and tart work nicely together – not too sweet, the tart cuts through some of it, and it’s not so tart that I pucker. I like that balance.

The green tea is pleasant – a vibrant, invigorating green tea base. Brothy smooth texture.

Overall, a good tea.