Rum Raisin Ice Cream

Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

• “Sipdown!! (151) Thank you *Scheherazade* for the chance to try this. I was always curious but did not enough to buy 2 oz of it. However, now that I have tried it, I think I can confidently say...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1344 tasting notes
  • “Whoa, I'm loving this one! There's definitely rum and raisin. I've actually never had this as ice cream, so I can't compare it to that, but it reminds me of some kind of pastry instead of ice...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 381 tasting notes
  • “Blog: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2014/01/52teas-loose-leaf-black-tea-rum-raisin.html Steep Information: Amount: 5 tsp Water: 1200ml at 200°F Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 698 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Loved this one! I was really happy with how this one turned out. I love the sweet, creamy ice-creamy taste of it, the notes of sweet raisin and the notes of rum and how everything comes...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4224 tasting notes

From 52teas

Here’s a unique treat to tempt your tastebuds. How about some of our premium black teas blended with raisins and the organic flavors of vanilla ice cream, raisins and rum? Our Rum Raisin Ice Cream tea is sure to impress. Get some while it lasts!

About 52teas View company

Sipdown!! (151)

Thank you Scheherazade for the chance to try this. I was always curious but did not enough to buy 2 oz of it. However, now that I have tried it, I think I can confidently say this is one of the better 52 black teas I have tried. The base is not as prominent as it usually is and instead the rum raisin flavors are spot on and delicious. I am actually really enjoying the cup and if rum raisin was a flavor I craved more often, I would certainly be stocking up on this anytime it were available.

VariaTEA

I almost sent you some to try and then remembered your raisin aversion :P

Whoa, I’m loving this one! There’s definitely rum and raisin. I’ve actually never had this as ice cream, so I can’t compare it to that, but it reminds me of some kind of pastry instead of ice cream. Like a loaf cake or something. Whatever it is, it’s delicious.

Now I’m starting to get sad that 52teas doesn’t have their blends available all the time. I guess I’ll look out (and save up) for reblends.

VariaTEA

This was definitely one of the better blends I have tried. It didn’t have as strong a black base as a lot of the other 52 teas I have tried.

Steep Information:
Amount: 5 tsp
Water: 1200ml at 200°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes 30seconds
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet raisin, rum
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet, bakey, raisin, perhaps a hint of vanilla
Flavor: sweet, bakey black, hint of vanilla
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: toasty, slight astringency
Liquor: translucent dark orange brown pantone ® 491c

Post-Steep Additives:sugar

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Backlog:

Loved this one! I was really happy with how this one turned out. I love the sweet, creamy ice-creamy taste of it, the notes of sweet raisin and the notes of rum and how everything comes together. It’s really sweet and decadent, but not so sweet that I would feel guilty drinking it at breakfast (nor does it taste so boozy that I’d feel guilty starting my day like this.)

The robust, malty notes of the black tea work perfectly for this particular blend, and the black tea nicely accentuates the sweetness of the raisin and marries well with the rum notes. The sweet, vanilla-y notes weave their way in and out.

Nice!

Kittenna

I really need to finish off some teas so I can justify buying ones like this! Yum.

…so like in 2 years kittenna? :)

Pyroxy

Wow, you made that sound amazing. I may have to track some down.

I’ve been drinking this one quite a lot over the last couple of days, and I’m getting a little more from it than I did previously. It certainly smells delicious while brewing, although the flavour doesn’t quite live up to the expectation that produces.

The first thing to say is that it’s deliciously creamy. More so with milk. The ice cream aspect of this is close to perfect in my estimation. It’s the rest of it that falls a little flat. I’m getting slightly more in the way of rum than I did the first couple of times I brewed this one, but not loads. There’s no raisin to be had. A colleague actually suggested that I try and improve it myself by adding some actual rum. Not a bad idea, although maybe not at work!

I’ll enjoy the rest of my pouch, even if just for that delicious creaminess, but it’s not quite what I was hoping it would be.

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp