Strawberry Zabaglione Green Tea

Green Tea
Berries, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “I don't recall if I've ever had a Zabaglione. I grew up in and around NYC, and I've been to my share of Italian restaurants, bakeries, and cafés, but I always tended to order things like tiramisu...” Read full tasting note
    CharlotteZero 372 tasting notes
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 4 tsp Water: 1000ml at 175°F Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL Steep Time: 2 minutes Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell: alcohol, strawberry,...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 702 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I loved the black tea version of 52Teas' Strawberry Zabaglione, so I was pretty sure I'd love the lighter base of this green tea version. I think I might like it better, because I love...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4449 tasting notes
  • “LOL I have to admit that when I opened this up and smelled something like coconut, I wanted to groan. Don't get me wrong, I like coconut in teas and otherwise, it's just that alot of teas seem to...” Read full tasting note
    lynxiegrl 178 tasting notes

From 52teas

Where has this week gone? I can’t believe I haven’t posted the new Tea of the Week yet. And this is a fun tea! I’m really surprised I haven’t done this yet, given the popularity of our Strawberry Zabaglione black teas, but I guess I’m doing it now.
Here’s some delicious chun mee Chinese green tea blended with freeze-dried strawberries and organic flavors. If you enjoy our Strawberry Zabaglione black tea, you’re not going to want to miss the green tea version.

See everything we currently have in stock at http://www.zoomdweebies.com/Available-NOW_c_32.html

About 52teas View company

I don’t recall if I’ve ever had a Zabaglione. I grew up in and around NYC, and I’ve been to my share of Italian restaurants, bakeries, and cafés, but I always tended to order things like tiramisu and cannoli, or occasionally tartufo. But this tea was delicious. I’d really like it if the creamy custard flavors were more pronounced, but maybe it wouldn’t be as true to the taste of the dessert this was created to emulate. This would be a tea I’d gladly reorder.

Flavors: Berries, Cream

Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: alcohol, strawberry, cream
Steeped Tea Smell: vegetal, strawberry
Flavor: sweet, vegetal, hints of berry
Body: Light
Aftertaste: tart, grassy
Liquor: translucent light orange green

Blog http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2014/01/52teas-loose-leaf-green-tea-strawberry.html

__Morgana__

Hey Amazon lady! LTNS! Are you still loving your Breville? I honestly can’t imagine being without mine now.

AmazonV

Hey Morgana, i use it pretty much daily and am sad on weekends when it is at work and I am home! i wish i had the cash for two :) never have had an issue and still love it to death

Backlog:

I loved the black tea version of 52Teas’ Strawberry Zabaglione, so I was pretty sure I’d love the lighter base of this green tea version. I think I might like it better, because I love the buttery notes that are enhanced because of the lightly buttery green tea. It really accentuates the custard-y notes well.

So good! The softer base allows these flavors to really develop. The strawberry is sweet and a little tart, the custard notes are sweet and creamy, and the green tea tastes fresh and soft. A yummy treat!

LOL I have to admit that when I opened this up and smelled something like coconut, I wanted to groan. Don’t get me wrong, I like coconut in teas and otherwise, it’s just that alot of teas seem to have coconut as a flavor and I don’t want to get tired of it. But I wasn’t in the mood to go hunting for another sample.

1st sip, I did taste a coconutty flavor, and a bare hint of strawberries.

You ever taste a tea and the 1st sip is exactly what the description is, but then the rest of the tea tastes somewhat bland? Yeah, that just happened.
I might be inclined to buy this as a Iced tea pack if it is still available this summer. But if it’s reblended in general….Probably won’t be interested.