Peppermint Bark

Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “When I brewed this as the kids went off to school, it smelled delicious. I however still needed to sleep, so I had a sip and then put it on the counter. The brief sip I had was nice, surprising. I...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1116 tasting notes
  • “I bought this because Peppermint Bark is my most favorite thing during the holidays and I absolutely do not allow it in the house when the holidays are over. The aroma out of the bag is...” Read full tasting note
    Teasuce 26 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Generally when I open a package of mint tea, I expect to be blown away by MINT ... but that didn't happen when I opened this package. It's rather subdued for a mint tea ... and I'm ok...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4401 tasting notes
  • “this came as a surprise from the ever-full-of-surprises MissB. i feel so bad for this tea looking at the number! i mean, if you have to be an entity that's given a number, .75 isn't that great.......” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes

From 52teas

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of
January 6, 2014

My wife has been hounding me to make a peppermint bark tea. She makes peppermint bark every year at Christmastime and it’s all gone now and we’re back on the diet bandwagon, so I agree, it’s time for a peppermint bark tea. This is a blend of our premium black teas, fresh cut peppermint and organic flavors. I realize that almond bark is not really white chocolate, but I used some organic white chocolate flavoring (along with a bit of marshmallow to sweeten it up) to approximate the flavor, and wow is it delicious! I went easy on the peppermint–there’s nothing worse than a tea that tastes like mouthwash–and I think I struck a pretty awesome balance. I’ll be looking forward to hearing what you guys think.

See everything we have in stock at www.zoomdweebies.com

About 52teas View company

When I brewed this as the kids went off to school, it smelled delicious. I however still needed to sleep, so I had a sip and then put it on the counter. The brief sip I had was nice, surprising. I could definitely get the mint and the chocolate, although it was just too hot to enjoy.

Now, it’s cold. Very, very cold. I’m cool with that, because it’s like a syrupy sweet chocolate mint thin. It’s still a bit thin, and I think I should overleaf it in the future, as well as continue steeping it at a lower temperature. This is good… I just need to find the sweet spot to make it amazing.

VariaTEA

I was very tempted to buy this one when I saw it but honestly I think I typically like the idea of chocolate mint more than the taste. I am glad you are enjoying it though. Plus it is always nice when a tea is still good, or better, after it cooled.

The aroma out of the bag is amazing, extremely reminiscent of the tasty treat. Brewed this in a medium glass teapot at 210oF for 2 minutes.
It tastes faintly of chocolate, minty and clean black tea. What I mean by clean is that the black tea itself is not malty or overly strong. Its tremendously good. You get the peppermint bark as an aroma and a minty clean black tea taste at the same time.

For those who plan on making this into a tea latte, I gave it a whirl: sugar and vigorously shaken warmed almond milk where added, and its extremely delicious. Much like a watered down minty hot choco/tea. Served to guests with some chocolate sprinkles on top and it would be a hit.

The second infusion was very light in color compared to the first, I let it sit a bit longer. The taste is still there but the chocolate aroma is gone.

This will not be a regular drink of mine expect when I have a sweet tooth that needs quelling, but I absolutely will add this to my re-order list over at 52 Teas.

Backlog:

Generally when I open a package of mint tea, I expect to be blown away by MINT … but that didn’t happen when I opened this package. It’s rather subdued for a mint tea … and I’m ok with that. I do enjoy mint, but I like it when the mint is carefully blended so that it doesn’t bowl me over with the minty presence.

This is pretty darned tasty. I taste mint, of course, but I taste the other flavors too. I taste tea, and I taste almond, and I taste white chocolate. I don’t know that I’m tasting “peppermint bark” here, but it does have a very confectionary-esque taste to it. I like the fluffy note that I get from the marshmallow, and it accentuates the white chocolate taste (which is the flavor I note least).

I enjoyed this, although I figured my oldest daughter would like it more than I did, so I gave her the rest of the package to enjoy. She loves it.

this came as a surprise from the ever-full-of-surprises MissB.

i feel so bad for this tea looking at the number! i mean, if you have to be an entity that’s given a number, .75 isn’t that great…. could be worse, but could be better… especially seeing as i really enjoyed it!

makes me think of an after eight, or a peppermint hot chocolate. lovely and wintery….

you know, total segue. it’s been a stressful semester and i’m sitting here writing this review watching a TED talk i’ve watched nearly a dozen times in the last ten days. this one: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-warren/postsecret-500000-secrets_b_3111905.html totally awesome, very mostly funny. =0)

i have these thoughts running around my head: Tealet in vancouver at TED (i could be there now!!!!!!!!), MissB reading my tea brain so well and suddenly it clicks why i’ve been watching this talk— it’s not far off the 3rd anniversary of my gran’s death. (just the ending that makes me wishful). =0) (bashful/wishful grin).

as dr who says: allons-y alonzo! (i’ve never met an alonzo, have you?)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
keychange

Oh James, I miss you! I’m sorry this semester has been so hard on you, and your anxiety is so palpable in your notes. I watched that Ted talk a while ago, and also found it heartbreaking and hilarious.

JustJames

i wish i had kept a voicemail, it’s almost 3 in the morning and we’re talking about long deleted messages i would uselessly obsess over to no good end. damn. took me long enough to get it, huh? geez. i miss you too!

Nattie

I want now ):

I love TED talks! We watched them all the time in one of my A level classes, and I still watch them now on Netflix (: there was one held at my uni last year, and I wish I’d gone. I checked their diary not long ago and as far as I can see they have no plans to return to the UK as of yet (boo!)

JustJames

elyse was looking for baristas to serve too…. we’re friends. I TOTALLY COULD HAVE BEEN THERE! lol.

This is another tea that I really wanted to like…but the mix of mint and chocolate somehow fell flat. I think I’m just used to my teas having a bit more body to them, honestly, and the thinness of this one caught me off guard.

It’d be worth experimenting with later, but for now this one isn’t impressing me.

I wasn’t into this one at all. I love peppermint and peppermint bark, and the flavoring used was good, but I don’t think the black tea base complimented the flavoring at all. Oh well. If someone wants this one, message me and I will send it to you.