Cran-Grape Shou Mei

Grapes, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by AmazonV

From 52teas

Description: Our Tea of the Week for the Week of December 2, 2013

Soft, sweet shou mei blended with cranberries and grapes. Yummmmm.

Ingredients: White Tea, dried cranberries, freeze-dried grapes and organic flavors

About 52teas View company

Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: cranberry, grape, sweet,hints vegetal
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet cranberry, grape, vegetal, floral
Flavor: sweet, then sour with a floral finish
Body: Light
Aftertaste: vegetal
Liquor: Translucent light orange brown

Yummy. A Co-Worker asked to take the rest of the bag he liked it so much.

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2014/01/52teas-loose-leaf-white-tea-cran-grape.html

Thanks Marzipan!

This tastes just like a grape drink you’d get at primary school. Not something I’d reach for all the tea, but it makes a decent iced tea. The grape flavor is about all you can taste with a slight hint of cranberry in the background giving some tartness. I really can’t taste anything else.

Flavors: Grapes, Tart

Thanks you Marzipan for giving me a sample of this tea to try. It smells like fruit punch or maybe Kool-Aid. Flavour-wise, I’m getting more grape than cranberry from this tea but the white tea base goes well with both these flavours.

Backlog:

I liked this one alright. I can’t say it’s my favorite from 52Teas, but I liked it alright. I felt as though the white tea notes were somewhat obscured by the strong Cranberry and grape notes.

But mostly what stood in my way of really enjoying this blend is that I’m not big on the flavor combination of cranberry and grape. It’s not a juice blend I’d buy … and I was just kind of “meh!” about this particular blend from 52Teas. It wasn’t bad … but it didn’t tickle my toes and get me up and dancing the happy dance either.