SBT: Almond Milk Iced Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by moraiwe

• “I finished my pitcher of this today. I still didn't really get almond milk from it and the almond flavor itself was quite muted and easily overtaken by the black base. I suppose I would drink it...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I'm not a huge fan of "milk" (almond or otherwise) and usually the only purpose milk serves in my diet is as a splash of it in my chai or...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “I quite liked this. It's mildly creamy and almond. The base tea is smooth and would have made a lovely iced tea all by itself. I imagine this is the stuff sweet tea is made of. I actually...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes
  • “So, I kind of forgot to take out the bag and cold steeped this for like 3 days so I was worried it'd be too strong. Also the flavor I guess had settled to the bottom and looked a bit cloudy but...” Read full tasting note
    CK 340 tasting notes

From 52teas

Product description not available yet.

About 52teas View company

I finished my pitcher of this today. I still didn’t really get almond milk from it and the almond flavor itself was quite muted and easily overtaken by the black base. I suppose I would drink it again if someone offered it to me, but I won’t be seeking it out again any time soon.

Fjellrev

Aha, I had a feeling the almond wouldn’t hold up to the base that Frank uses.

moraiwe

Yeah. I appreciate he didn’t make it overly sweet tasting like almond extract, but if I didn’t know what this tea was supposed to be, I don’t know if I would have been able to guess either.

Fjellrev

Yeah, I’ve come to the conclusion that the nut flavourings he uses just can’t hold up to his bases, but you never know until you try. :)

Backlog:

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I’m not a huge fan of “milk” (almond or otherwise) and usually the only purpose milk serves in my diet is as a splash of it in my chai or breakfast tea – rarely – or to pour over cereal. That said, I do like those amazing milk tea concoctions you can find in the mall. Those things that taste more like sugar than tea? Yeah, even though they taste more like milk and sugar than tea, they are still yummy. Fortunately, I’m at the mall rarely and I’m buying a milk tea even less often than that.

All of that tangent leads me to say that I did enjoy this Almond Milk iced tea. I don’t know that I was actually tasting “Almond Milk” but I could taste almond and I could taste a creamy element to it too. And the brisk black tea was very refreshing.

This actually sort of reminds me of a lighter version of Thai iced tea which is one of my favorite ways to drink iced tea. A tasty iced tea.

Kittenna

This is one of the SBTs on my list to try… but I really need to get through the other ones I haven’t tried first! So many teas…

I quite liked this. It’s mildly creamy and almond. The base tea is smooth and would have made a lovely iced tea all by itself. I imagine this is the stuff sweet tea is made of.
I actually thought the lighter flavoring made this tea better than if the the base tea had been hidden away.

So, I kind of forgot to take out the bag and cold steeped this for like 3 days so I was worried it’d be too strong. Also the flavor I guess had settled to the bottom and looked a bit cloudy but it was normal after I shook it up a little. Flavor wise it was ok, tasted like a mild almond milk. Not the most flavorful SBT… not one I’m going to rebuy I think.

Sadly this is kinda meh. It’s a sweet, very slightly nutty, somewhat weak, iced tea.

I did a hot steep with half the packet (diluted to 4 cups), then I tossed the leaves into a cold steep that I will let sit until I get home later.

So far, not impressed. I think that for the other half of the packet I will make it as 2 cups of tea.

(Also, it was 14g including the giant tea bag. What?)

Added: 1/2 tsp rock sugar to the 4 cups. Also tried: with almond milk, but it’s WAY too dilute to make a milky tea.

200 °F / 93 °C 2 min, 30 sec 7 g 32 OZ / 946 ML