Cantaloupe Watermelon

Dried Cantaloupe, Organic Flavours, White Tea
Cantaloupe, Melon
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “Hm. Much better hot than cold, this is very cantaloupe-y with less watermelon than I'd expected in the mix. Also, was a bit disappointed to see this was a 1 oz. bag, when it's the same price as the...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1116 tasting notes
  • “I feel somewhat special, I'm the second one to post something for this tea! Im super excited that I finally got some new teas to try. I felt deprived on all the teas that I have. I opened this...” Read full tasting note
    abby_noelle 46 tasting notes
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 6tsp Water: 1000ml at 175°F Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL Steep Time: 3 minutes Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell: CANTALOUPE, sweet,...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 702 tasting notes
  • “Another from the grab bags! I wasn't too happy about the watermelon, but I wanted some of this one to try anyway... turns out I could probably drink this on any hot day! Luckily for me, this one...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1381 tasting notes

From 52teas

Description: Cantaloupe is one of my all-time favorite fruits and so is watermelon, so when I had the chance, I just couldn’t resist creating this blend of premium white teas, dried cantaloupe, and organic cantaloupe and watermelon flavors. This is a serious glass of refreshment as an iced tea and I’m sure it’s awesome as a hot tea too. I’m already getting a little anxious for spring. I’ve got this week’s tea and next week’s tea already blended up, and they are both on the fruity end of the spectrum. But that’s all I can tell you for now.
Our Tea of the Week for the Week of January 20, 2014
Ingredients: Premium white tea, dried cantaloupe, organic flavors

About 52teas View company

Hm. Much better hot than cold, this is very cantaloupe-y with less watermelon than I’d expected in the mix. Also, was a bit disappointed to see this was a 1 oz. bag, when it’s the same price as the 2oz. bags in the same order. Yes, I realize white tea takes up more space – however I also need more of it to brew, and if I’d known it was double the price, I likely would have passed. My bad for ignoring this important aspect of buying.

Really though, it’s a very authentic cantaloupe, even if it gets a bit metallic as it cools. Watermelon comes in a bit at the end of the sip.

I feel somewhat special, I’m the second one to post something for this tea! Im super excited that I finally got some new teas to try. I felt deprived on all the teas that I have. I opened this package and oh my it smells freaking amazing, Hello Child Hood! The package filled my nose that resembles fresh cut Cantaloupe! The white tea is definitely good quality as well. The taste of the cantaloupe and white tea is beautiful, it is almost as it gives the texture of a cantaloupe!

I used one scoop (I use David’s tea Perfect Spoon) in a 14 oz mug and I also used a bit of German rock sugar, then steeped about 3 minutes to maybe 4 minutes.

Steep Information:
Amount: 6tsp
Water: 1000ml at 175°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 3 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: CANTALOUPE, sweet, yummy
Steeped Tea Smell: cantalaoupe, fruit salad, sweet, lightly floral & vegetal finish
Flavor: vegetal, fruity finish
Body: Light
Aftertaste: catalaoupe and fuzzy mouthfeel
Liquor: translucent light orange brown

Resteep:
500ml at 175°F for 3 minutes 30 seconds
very dark orange brown
a little bitter, but a nice white with hints of fruit still

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Blog http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2014/01/52teas-loose-leaf-white-tea-cantaloupe.html

Another from the grab bags! I wasn’t too happy about the watermelon, but I wanted some of this one to try anyway… turns out I could probably drink this on any hot day! Luckily for me, this one doesn’t taste like watermelon, but plenty of cantaloupe! It tastes like the Butiki cantaloupe tea… but there is so much cantaloupe that I can’t even taste the white tea. I was craving white tea today. I’m happy with this one: oodles of cantaloupe, no watermelon. Drinking the second cup, I was LOVING the flavor in this one on a hot day and more of the white tea made itself known: fruity, juicy, a burst of flavor. This is GOOD. I’ve only seen cantaloupe with white tea and that is the way it should be.
Steep #1 // 32 min after boiling // 45 seconds
Steep #2 // 32 min after boiling // 2 min

White teas in general seem to be growing on me, but I really gravitate towards flavored white teas lately. Any recommendations?

But anyways. This was the only tea I tried from the HHTTB R3 that I wanted to keep. I’m still surprised how much I like melon teas. This one I don’t get a ton of watermelon in this tea, the cantaloupe seems to be the dominant flavor here. It’s definitely sharper than the butiki cantaloupe and cream, which is much smoother. But I downed this cup quite quickly, which is a sure sign I like it a lot.

Marzipan

Mulberry White from Rivertea.

Marzipan

I can send you a sample! I hit return too quickly.

lolainred

oh wow, that does sound fantastic! I would love to try it!

Shoot me your addy.

I cold brewed the rest of what I had left in a 2 qt mason jar. It was ok, I enjoyed the cantaloupe flavor but I did not notice any watermelon. I’m so sick of iced to tea right now that I’m sure that is influencing how I feel about this tea today.

Tea #3 from Another Traveling Tea Box R2
This tea kinda almost makes up for the rest of the box being a flop for me. It’s pretty dang good. (Which surprised me really)
When I popped open the package I was like ‘Cantaloupe? Really?’ /intent stare/ It actually reminded me strongly of Butiki’s Cantaloupe & Cream with the smell. I hadn’t been too thrilled with that one since it was early on in my tea experimenting stage, so I passed it on fairly quickly.
Since I’m still not too big on white teas, I figured I might as well give this a shot since it’s here and all.
Kinda faked it on brewing parameters since there’s nothing official that I could find. But I think I managed to get a decent brew from it.
The scent of the brew was strongly juicy cantaloupe, though I didn’t find much watermelon in it.
Taste wise, the unsweetened brew is very cantaloupe, but with some truvia this tea really hits the mark. Sweet, juicy and divine. I swear it’s like drinking just straight cantaloupe juice. I still am not getting much of any sort of watermelon, but maybe that’s just how the measure of the leaves turned out. It’s a definite departure from my usual malty’/heavy’ sort of teas that I’ve been drinking lately, but in a good way.
I wonder if this would be as good iced as it is hot. /ponders/ I wish 52Teas still had this for sale. Lol.

Pass the Stash

This morning, I read Marzipan’s tealog on this tea and thought, “wow, that tea sounds really good. I’ll have to try that someday.” And I bet you can’t guess how excited I was when I pulled this tea out of the box…eeep!:D

I taste the juicy cantaloupe, but the watermelon flavor alludes me. I don’t mind so much as the cantaloupe is sweet and fruity. Very fresh and springy! As the tea cools, it appears to lose a bit of its flavor, better hot than warm in my opinion.

Flavors: Cantaloupe

165 °F / 73 °C 4 min, 30 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML

I got part of a package of this because Tea Sipper, Mandy and I went in together on some 52Teas grab bags.

I love melon teas, in general (although I might be spoiled by Lupicia). This smells absolutely amazing dry. Totally cantaloupe. I made it hot as an evening tea last night since whites don’t seem to bother me at night caffeine-wise.

The first couple of sips, I wasn’t too excited about. But then I started to really like it. It’s possible that I drink so many black teas that it took a few minutes for my taste buds to register something more subtle. Anyway, I was really liking it by the end. I don’t think I will have any issue finishing the third of a package that I have. No watermelon at all, but I’m ok with this as a cantaloupe tea.

This is the “prepare to puke your guts out” part of the post. Saturday was my anniversary, and I am just amazed that I have been with a man for 12 years and absolutely adored him every single day of it. What a gift. We are actually together almost all the time since we both work from home, but still when we are apart we miss each other. Disgusting right?

Mandy

That’s absolutely adorable. So many people have relationships where they fight if they spend too much time together, and I think that’s just a sign that they’re not a good match. I hope one day I can find someone who even after 12 years I can spend the majority of my time with him without getting sick of him. Happy Anniversary!

yyz

That’s wonderful! It’s also the complete opposite from my cousin, who loves her husband but is so used to him being away that when he spends extended time at home they tend to clash. Wishing you many more happy years together!

Cheri

s wonderful to be married to such a great match.

boychik

How can you do that?!!!
I’m kidding , congrats!!! Wishing the best years together!

Ellyn

Congrats on the anniversary!!

Megan

When I first read the “prepare to puke your guts out” I thought you were really going to gross us out. Lovey dovey I can deal with :) Congratulations on the anniversary!

Marzipan

I’m always hesitant to gush, but to be honest I just don’t ever have a bad thing to say about him.

1945 tasting notes

Sipdown (184/188)!

So in addition to placing my Red Leaf order tonight I also placed a small 52Teas order. I had cold brewed this to take to work with me during the day so I could decide by tonight whether I’d want to include it in the order.

I sipped on it all morning, including before work on a trip to the post office where I mailed off some tea samples to VariaTEA so I could laugh at her as her cupboard balloons up even more. I admit; I may have taken advantage of her a little and sent some samples of things she’s probably tried but I wasn’t 100% sure about. They were DT blends I wanted to get rid of: by sending them to her I got in one extra “sipdown” (I don’t think it really counts though because I cheated). Goodbye Pure Chai, which DT sent me as a freebie sample in an online order. You were never wanted!

This tea was kind of solidly average. As a cold brew it had a light generic melon taste that maybe leaned towards candy watermelons. It was a touch weak though and not a big enough stand apart for me to want it in addition to be both white melon blends from Butiki which I also have stocked. So it didn’t make it into my order (which was Passionfruit Banana, Caramel Apple Oolong, and Hindbaersnitter White).

I’d still recommend trying it if you get the chance, though!

Flavors: Melon

VariaTEA

Haha. I have stopped checking if you tried things tbh. I just send stuff that either (a) I think you would like, (b) I think you should try, or © small sample of stuff I sorta want to get rid of but feel bad throwing out. Realistically, I expect you do the same so I am not surprised when I get random stuff I have tried before.

Also, those are some tasty 52 teas your ordered. I was debating about the Caramel Apple Honeybush but have decided to resist. Hope you enjoy them all!

Roswell Strange

Most of the time I make an effort to send stuff you’ve either never had or that I know you’ve had but really enjoy. Hopefully I’m not sending stuff you’ve had but disliked. I also added some matchas you’ve yet to try though: Coconut and Peppermint. So you have two packages incoming from me right now.

VariaTEA

I am fearful for my cupboard. Especially since I have not been able to drink as much tea lately and because I have a huge teabox here which means my tea cupboard is being left untouched. Also, today was a sipdown Saturday with no sipdowns so I plan on having sipdown Sunday instead.

Also, I try to make sure the stuff I am sending is not stuff you have tried and knowingly dislike. That would just be cruel.