SBT: Pumpkin Pie Crepe with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce

Tea
Chocolate, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Pumpkin, Spices, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

• “Thank you for the sale CHAroma! I actually hot brewed a teaspoon of this one on this fine warm, windy day. Warm windy days are my favorite. Anyway, I figured this one promised too much. Haha. ...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1453 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I liked this one. I don't know that I got a pumpkin pie crepe that had been topped with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce or not. Then again, I can't...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4453 tasting notes
  • “This tea is so weird. Good weird. Somehow I can taste every single element of it and while it's quite the busy tea it's very yum. The pumpkin pie comes out and screams "oh hi now, I'm pumpkin...” Read full tasting note
    frolic 75 tasting notes
  • “Last night I tossed some of this into my new iced tea mug to take upstairs and drink it. Unfortunately, I never got around to drinking it last night and so I am drinking it now, keeping with my...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1966 tasting notes

From 52teas

Premium Organic black tea with organic flavors. Each 14g teabag will make one 2-quart pitcher of DELICIOUS iced tea. Re-steep the teabag and you can get a full gallon out of each one. Steep in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. (3 minutes MAX.) Then combine with ice and water to make a 2-quart pitcher. It couldn’t be simpler—OR more delicious!

About 52teas View company

Thank you for the sale CHAroma! I actually hot brewed a teaspoon of this one on this fine warm, windy day. Warm windy days are my favorite. Anyway, I figured this one promised too much. Haha. Using water around ten minutes after boiling and steeping for 85 seconds, the flavor isn’t much. The dry leaves actually have a spicy fragrance and that is the most noticeable in the flavor. Maybe a hint of squash/pumpkin. The second steep actually seemed like chocolate syrup somehow along with the spicy, so I’m probably steeping it terribly. It’s very odd that it tastes like spices without actually having spices. Not so much vanilla. A caffeine kick for some power reading outdoors.
Steep #1 // 10 min after boiling // 85 second steep
Steep #2 // half mug // just boiled // 2 min

Kittenna

Just picked this up – glad to see another favourable review :)

Backlog:

I liked this one. I don’t know that I got a pumpkin pie crepe that had been topped with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce or not. Then again, I can’t say that I’ve actually ever had this dessert before, but if I saw it on a menu, I’d be sure to save room for dessert so that I could try it.

It is an interesting medley of flavors though, and I can taste the pumpkin and the chocolate and the vanilla. I can taste notes of spice and the black tea notes in this too.

It’s tasty. It’s an interesting combination of flavors, but I like it.

This tea is so weird.

Good weird.

Somehow I can taste every single element of it and while it’s quite the busy tea it’s very yum. The pumpkin pie comes out and screams "oh hi now, I’m pumpkin pie!!!!!!(how is this ever going to work?) out peaks something soft and creamy(oh hmmm vanilla I see you now) then at the swallow comes some sweet chocolate(wait a minute did I seriously just drink a Pumpkin Pie Crepe with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce tea?)

Why yes I did!

I hot brewed/flash chilled my first batch, saved the bag and did a second cold brew of it for about 16 hours rendering a rather potent drink.

This is a crazy tea I can never quite wrap my head around but I keep drinking more of it so it’s doing something right.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Pumpkin, Spices, Vanilla

1966 tasting notes

Last night I tossed some of this into my new iced tea mug to take upstairs and drink it. Unfortunately, I never got around to drinking it last night and so I am drinking it now, keeping with my fall theme of the morning, mostly because I need the mug back to get my $1 refill at the mall :P. Today’s cup has a bit more vanilla sweetness than the last but pumpkin spice is still the most dominant flavor and chocolate sauce is no where to be found.

mj

Pumpkin pie crepe + ice cream + chocolate sauce seems like it would be way too much going on in the same tea

52teas

Commented elsewhere, but worth repeating: This was so insane. The story behind this is that I was taking suggestions for bonus flavors to create and then having people vote on their favorites. In one round, I accidentally concatenated two suggestions “pumpkin pie” and “crepe with vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate sauce” when I was copying and pasting suggestions to the update where I asked people to vote on their favorite idea. Well, this new hybrid flavor won by a landslide. I did my best to create it, but I think there might have just been too much going on.

My kickstarter iced teas finally came in! It feels like so long, I was going to cave and just order some from the website since it seems that’d be faster but here they have arrived! I picked this one out of all of them because – c’mon just look at the name… It sounds awesome, I would order it for dessert absolutely. Unfortunately maybe it just was not possible to live up that. It does taste really good but I’m not getting a whole lot that reminds me of a pumpkin pie crepe with vanilla bean ice cream. I think I’m getting mostly chocolate taste. There’s a little bit that could be the pumpkin and vanilla but if I didn’t know what it was meant to be I don’t know that I would have it figured out. Regardless it’s a tasty tea and I’m glad I got 2 bags of it and can resteep it one more time.

52teas

CK

Haha, I’m pretty sure I voted for this one too! I like it :) funny thing is I just got the email for the shipping notification today. That’s why getting my package of teas was a happy surprise, especially since mail to Hawaii can be slow.