Strawberry Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha

Flavor, Genmaicha, Green Tea, Marshmallow Root, Strawberry
Creamy, Grass, Marshmallow, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Toasted Rice
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “A sample from *VariaTEA*! Thank you! I was interested in trying this, because his other marshmallow genmaicha blends always sounded so good... but then I was always let down. Just MEH. You...” Read full tasting note
    whatshesaid 530 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Thank you *VariaTea* for a sample of this :) I definitely enjoyed it - flavour was much like the original Marshmallow Treat, so fluffy, vanilla, toasty rice goodness (a bit heavy on the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2515 tasting notes
  • “I received this tea from *EvaGrim* in a swap. Thank you! As far as Genmaicha goes I have only ever had the chocolate version from Verdant. I haven't experimented too much with this type of tea so...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 422 tasting notes
  • “This stuff is really good cold steeped! I get that super refreshing genmaicha toasted rice flavor and a hint of strawberry. I could stand a little more strawberry flavor. I added a little...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 524 tasting notes

From 52teas

Product description not available yet.

About 52teas View company

A sample from VariaTEA! Thank you!

I was interested in trying this, because his other marshmallow genmaicha blends always sounded so good… but then I was always let down. Just MEH. You shouldn’t really go by my ratings though, because I always seem to be let down by 52Teas blends.

No offense to them, they just don’t work out for me.
This was another.

I didn’t NOT enjoy drinking it, it was pleasant enough, but it didn’t really stand out.
Nothing super tasty.

The idea is better than the reality. IMHO.

Anyway, still happy to try it!!!

The whole Steepster world should be proud of me because I just made a point of sitting down for an hour or so to crank out a bunch of backlogged tea reviews. They’ve been hanging around forever! I keep empty packages to remind me to log the ones I drank, I’m so pleased to finally be able to throw these ones away!

carol who

I am proud of you! It can be a real challenge to keep up with tasting notes. I know that there are a lot of teas I never got entered.

Dustin

Have you tried this one cold brewed? I find I like 52 flavored genmaichas better that way.

whatshesaid

Thanks carol who!

Dustin no I haven’t! I’ve never been pleased with any of them :/

Sipdown! Thank you VariaTea for a sample of this :) I definitely enjoyed it – flavour was much like the original Marshmallow Treat, so fluffy, vanilla, toasty rice goodness (a bit heavy on the toastiness, as reblends seem to have been – I believe the rice has changed), with overtones of sweet candy strawberry. To be honest, there wasn’t enough strawberry for me, but of course I enjoyed the cup and wish I had my own packet squirrelled away, but alas, this came out during that terrible period during which I did not log teas due to Thesis and/or Post-Thesis Recovery (I still drank tea, though, don’t you worry!). I wish my Banana somethingorother genmaicha was actually strawberry. Sigh. Or maybe even that it was Strawberry Banana Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha. With the old version of toasted rice. Yes…..

I received this tea from EvaGrim in a swap. Thank you!

As far as Genmaicha goes I have only ever had the chocolate version from Verdant. I haven’t experimented too much with this type of tea so I am going to leave this one unrated. This looked really pretty in the steeper. The toasted rice, hunks of strawberry, and green tea all mixed together. When I held my nose up to the cup I got the sweet smell of strawberry, and my first sip there were hints of strawberry, but the strawberry quickly faded from the taste. The cup slowly changed to a toasty plasticy taste. I am not sure if this was the rice mixed with the green tea. It was nice, but not something I would crave. I am unsure about this one. I think I would like to try some “normal” Genmaicha" to get a feel for what I should be tasting.

This stuff is really good cold steeped! I get that super refreshing genmaicha toasted rice flavor and a hint of strawberry. I could stand a little more strawberry flavor. I added a little sweetener which works out pretty well.

This tea makes me want to try making Neapolitan marshmallow treats! I know I have seen a recipe for it before…

Iced
NayLynn

That sounds like a great idea!

TeaBrat

This is too light on strawberry for me whether cold or hot steeped… alas

Another flavored tea from NayLynn! I remain curious about this one and the peanut butter version, even though I wasn’t the biggest fan of the original Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha. Visually, it’s flat green tea leaves with toasted rice, pieces of marshmallow root, and freeze-dried strawberries. It smells like genmaicha and strawberry milk, yum! I steeped a heaping teaspoon for 3 minutes at 175 degrees.

Brewed aroma is mostly just toasty genmaicha with a hint of strawberry. Hmm, this one is also disappointing. The green tea that they use in these blends is too grassy and it totally goes against the whole creamy confection thing they’re going for. And the strawberry flavor here is too tart to mesh well. With agave and soymilk, this tasted basically exactly like the regular Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha.

Flavors: Creamy, Grass, Marshmallow, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Toasted Rice

Kirkoneill1988

i usually don’t add milk to my tea

Cameron B.

Me neither. Occasionally I’ll add milk to a flavored tea if it needs it.

Skysamurai

Yea this one confuses my mouth

VariaTEA

The peanut butter one was the most disappointing of all so don’t even waste your time with that one. I had high hopes for it and it just tasted like grass. And this is coming from someone who liked all the other marshmallow treats.

Cameron B.

VariaTEA, I think I would enjoy these teas a lot more with a different base. The green tea they use is just too grassy and it doesn’t work for me in a “creamy” flavor. :P

TeaBrat

I wasn’t a big fan of this myself.

Roswell Strange

Yeah, I agree with VariaTEA – I liked the other Marshmallow Treats but the Peanut Butter was completely dissatisfying. I think I ended up adding Peanut Butter matcha to it to make it drinkable.

My mouth is so confused by this tea. Sweet and tart like fake strawberry but slightly bitter with the green tea and then the smoothness of the brown rice. This is a very interesting tea and we just don’t quite know how to handle it. I love genmaicha and I love strawberries. But this tea perplexes me. It’s good but its a bit too fake? It’s like having my treat and drinking my favorite cuppa all at the same time.

Another 52 tea from the wonderful Marzipan. I couldn’t really taste any marshmallow in this one, just LOTS of kool-aid like strawberry flavor.

Not my favorite, but my son LOVED it.

Flavors: Strawberry

Thank you so much TeaTiff! This is the first of many to try from our swap! I decided to go with this one, since some of it dumped all over so I ended up with only about a teaspoon to try anyway. :/ So it’s a little over a teaspoon that went into the infuser.

Steep #1 // 20 min after boiling // 1 min
I love my short steeps with 52Teas. This seems like I steeped it perfectly. I like it! Strong toasty roasty goodness with hints of strawberry… it’s like that nesquik stuff? Strawberry milk. I’m not sure how else you could get strawberry marshmallow treats. There is SOME marshmallow flavor here but in any blend, I always wish for more mallow root.

Steep #2 // 20 min after boiling // 2 min
This steep just seemed like a plain genmaicha (I certainly won’t complain about a nice genmaicha like this one anyway). It seemed that all the strawberry went into the first steep. So the low steep time is almost always the way to go with these 52Teas. How could so many Steepsterers not like this sweet little tea?

TeaTiff

It was spilled in the package? I am glad you enjoyed this one. I need to try it!

Tea Sipper

The pouch was a bit open and I was holding a few of the teas you sent in my hand, that one happened to be upside down. Whoops! You should try this one, but it doesn’t seem to get much love, even with those scrumptious looking pink marshmallow hearts. :D

Here’s a sipdown courtesy of VariaTEA! (215)
Sorry – I was hoping this’d be greater but it was just meh. Still, like always, I’m quite happy to have had the chance to try it out without sinking $12+ into ordering a bag!

Happy to help :)

sooo i pretty much begged variaTEA to send me some of this..CONVINCED that i was somehow making the biggest mistake ever in not ordering some for myself because i actually really liked marshmallow genmaicha from frank, until the reblend sucked.

….turns out. not a huge loss. there is something artificial tasting about this one that i don’t like – it’s not the strawberry i love from walter bishop…or maybe it IS but when combined with the marshamallow turns weirdly strange. sigh i was so excited about this one. appreciate the share VariaTEA…just not the tea for me…which in some respects is maybe a good thing heh

VariaTEA

No need to beg. I am always happy to share. Plus, now I saved you the 8.99 plus ridiculous shipping it would have cost to order this which is definitely a good thing as that is just far too much money to pay for a tea you don’t really like.