Strawberry Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha

Fruit Green Blend
Flavor, Genmaicha, Green Tea, Marshmallow Root, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “Here's a sipdown courtesy of *VariaTEA*! (215) Sorry - I was hoping this'd be greater but it was just meh. Still, like always, I'm quite happy to have had the chance to try it out without sinking...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1635 tasting notes
  • “sooo i pretty much begged variaTEA to send me some of this..CONVINCED that i was somehow making the biggest mistake ever in not ordering some for myself because i actually really liked marshmallow...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4726 tasting notes
  • “Another lovely sample I received from *Marzipan* The concept of this one was really intriguing to me and I am finding out what I do and don't like in Genmaicha through trying samples of different...” Read full tasting note
    lolainred 112 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Yummy! Marshmallow Treats were something that my step-mother would make pretty often. And she would often experiment a little bit with them, adding different flavors and such ... but...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4323 tasting notes

From 52teas

Product description not available yet.

About 52teas View company

Here’s a sipdown courtesy of VariaTEA! (215)
Sorry – I was hoping this’d be greater but it was just meh. Still, like always, I’m quite happy to have had the chance to try it out without sinking $12+ into ordering a bag!

Happy to help :)

sooo i pretty much begged variaTEA to send me some of this..CONVINCED that i was somehow making the biggest mistake ever in not ordering some for myself because i actually really liked marshmallow genmaicha from frank, until the reblend sucked.

….turns out. not a huge loss. there is something artificial tasting about this one that i don’t like – it’s not the strawberry i love from walter bishop…or maybe it IS but when combined with the marshamallow turns weirdly strange. sigh i was so excited about this one. appreciate the share VariaTEA…just not the tea for me…which in some respects is maybe a good thing heh

VariaTEA

No need to beg. I am always happy to share. Plus, now I saved you the 8.99 plus ridiculous shipping it would have cost to order this which is definitely a good thing as that is just far too much money to pay for a tea you don’t really like.

Another lovely sample I received from Marzipan

The concept of this one was really intriguing to me and I am finding out what I do and don’t like in Genmaicha through trying samples of different ones. This was not a favorite of mine. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but definitely not something I would stock. It is a very fragrant tea. All sweetness and artificial strawberry. It does genuinely smell and taste like a strawberry marshmallow treat you might get at the store.

The first few sips I tasted mostly just the Genmaicha roasted flavor, but as I kept drinking I could taste the strawberry and hint of sweetness in the finish of it. As it cooled it get distinctly more strawberry in flavor.

Marzipan

There’s a lot of value in finding out that you don’t like something that was on your wish list, I think.

lolainred

yeah absolutely. Thanks for saving me money!

Stephanie

Yeah, swaps are the best for that reason :)

Backlog:

Yummy!

Marshmallow Treats were something that my step-mother would make pretty often. And she would often experiment a little bit with them, adding different flavors and such … but I can’t recall her ever making a strawberry flavored marshmallow treat.

So, I don’t know if I’ve ever actually had a strawberry marshmallow treat, but if I were to have one, this tea tastes just like I’d expect a strawberry marshmallow treat to taste. Sweet and a little tart from the strawberry. Marshmallow-y, creamy goodness. And I can taste the toasted rice from the Genmaicha which gives this just the right “puffed rice cereal” note that I’d expect in a Marshmallow treat.

The green tea is sweet and buttery which also complements the marshmallow treat concept, because I remember buttery taste from my step-mother’s marshmallow treats.

A really good flavored tea. One of Frank’s best so far this year.

Sipdown (186/190)!

Thanks greatly to VariaTEA for the sample! I was so, so curious about this one so I’m very happy I could scratch the itch that was making me want to pick up a pouch. But you know how scratching an itch is; sometimes it just makes that spot itch even more…

Now that I’ve had this yummy tea I kind of really want more because the strawberry was so creamy and yummy and I really could get a feel for the namesake! I’m being logical about it though: I still have an untapped pouch of the straight Marshmallow Treat which I’m sure I’ll love as much as this Strawberry Version and if I was suddenly in possession of both that’d be way too much Genmaicha on my hands! So I’ll just try and not be greedy and be happy with what I have instead.

Totally not pouting right now or anything like that…

(But not gonna lie: logic would go out the window if Razzleberry was available again: this one is good but that one is penultimate to the orgasmic wonders of Japon…)

VariaTEA

I may or may not have bought a second pouch of this. I also bought PB Marshmallow Treat (and I also have plain MT and S’mores Genmaicha). I am happy to share some more so no worries.

Roswell Strange

I plan to open up my MT soon! I have to finish off Laoshan Black Chocolate Genmaicha but then I have no other samples keeping me from trying it (except my plain McQuarrie’s Genmaicha blend)! Definitely interested in PBMT. I’ve had S’Mores – wasn’t really for me.

Thank you, VariaTEA, for a sample of this tea!

It’s so yummy! I can definitely taste strawberry and marshmallow fluffiness as well as genmaicha ricey base. It all melts together real well. I can envision this tea being suitable for both summer (the strawberry refreshing notes) and winter (the desserty, sweet relaxing goodness). It is also, possibly, the first 52teas creation that really impressed me. I cannot order anything from anyone for a while now, and probably by the time I can, this will be gone, but most of the recent 52teas blends sound really good anyway… so maybe, maybe… I should consider it as the company I will order from soon?

VariaTEA

I am glad you liked it. A lot of the 52 tea blends I have gotten have been disappointing but so far the marshmallow/s’mores genmaichas have all been good. I haven’t tried the PB one yet but I do have a pouch that I will get eventually.

Kat_Maria

You see, I tried a S’mores Genmaicha from a traveling box and it didn’t do much for me but I am so glad that you sent me some (which I requested, and then apparently forgot about it as I hogged that serving from the TB ;D) because perhaps I just happened to have an unflavorful serving or something.

The first word that popped into my head when I tried this was “fun”. My first Genmaicha, and I really like it. It was smart to incorporate the whole crispy treat thing with Genmaicha tea. I like the strawberry flavor. It’s somewhere between a real strawberry and a Frankenberry type strawberry, but as a person who grew up with Frankenberry available all year, I’m ok with that!

I generally sweeten my teas, and with a bit of sugar I can totally buy the whole marshmallow treat thing. I ordered this on a lark but I am glad that I did, since it’s like nothing else in my cupboard and I can see myself looking for it on specific craving occasions. After every drink I am doing the “yummy” mouth smack.

On my iPad again so I can’t do the sliders, but I brewed it at around 180 for 2.5 minutes.

2 tsp 11 OZ / 325 ML
DeliriumsFrogs

ooooh! I get cravings for ‘saturday morning cartoon’ cereal, and I can see where this would do nicely. Definitely sounds like a ‘fun’ tea. :)

Marzipan

I don’t get why the monster cereals are only available at Halloween now!

DeliriumsFrogs

I know! It’s just wrong…..

I’ve had this tea for a couple of weeks and am not sure what to do to it to bring forth the promised strawberry notes. The first time I had it, I brewed it like a green (around 175 at 3 minutes) and got a very faint strawberry with a very strong genmaicha flavor. Today I tried brewing it for 30 seconds with boiling water and got a nice marshmallow flavor with less of a strong green tea flavor, but no strawberry to be found.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed since strawberry is the first word of this blend. I was really expecting a lot more strawberry flavor from this though it isn’t a bad genmaicha. I’ll keep experimenting with it. If anyone has a recommended steeping method please let me know and I’ll definitely revise the rating if I can find a way to make this a bit better. I’m not sure why my experience seems to be different than the other tasters. Perhaps it is possible my bag had fewer strawberries, I didn’t see that many in the pouch.

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
CHAroma

I didn’t see too many in the pouch either, but I felt that the leaves themselves had been flavored with strawberry. I steeped it for 2.5 mins at 175, and Awkward Soul steeped it for 2 mins at 175. We both seemed to get strawberry from it that way, although I did think it was a light flavoring. I’m sorry you’re finding it difficult. :/

TeaBrat

I’ll keep trying :)

Fjellrev

Here I imagined this one to have a strong strawberry candy flavour.

Wow, this tea has a great strawberry flavor! Like I mixed freeze fried strawberries into my rice cripies! The dry leaf smells really strong and bubble gum red, but the steeped tea has a great natural strawberry flavor. It’s fruity sweet, but a little tart just like the real berry.

I generally find 52 Teas’ creations has more focus on the tea, with the flavor being a fun addition, but Strawberry MTGMC has quite a strong berry flavor, with the tea being closer to the background.

A fun tea that would appeal to fruity tea drinkers and kids! This tea is up there on my favorite Marshmallow treat teas from 52 Teas.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/marshmallow-treat-genmaicha-strawberry-peanut-butter-52-teas/

I’m in a lot of trouble guys. My cupboard is back over 200 different teas. O_O I’m definitely going to have to start a new sipdown extravaganza. I think I only made it to #24 on the last one before insanity took over. *Sigh.

ANYHOO…I have been neglecting my tea stash a lot lately. Oh, it’s been growing. But I haven’t been drinking it. LOL! So even though I got home super late tonight, I’m exhausted, and all I want to do is wash my face and crawl into bed, I am going to drink some tea damn it!

The dry leaf aroma is a little wonky. It’s strongly chemical smelling. I’ve had this happen before with 52teas’ blends, and I find that the chemical aroma dissipates if left alone for a week or two. So, I’m not overly concerned at the moment. I think it’ll calm down soon.

In my opinion, 52teas has been kind of chintzy on the toasted rice in their genmaicha blends in the past. Well, that is NOT the case with this one! It is chock full of toasted rice and popped kernels, along with plenty of marshmallow root bits and a few freeze-dried strawberry pieces. The brewed tea aroma is very buttery and toasty. It smells like the perfect genmaicha!

I steeped this one at a lower temp than usual. I think I generally steep greens at 185°. This one probably could have benefited from the extra 10 degrees. It is very light on flavor while the tea is in my mouth. But then, BAM! Flavor socks me in the mouth in the aftertaste! It’s toasty and sweet and definitely strongly strawberry. I’m getting a lovely roasted flavor from the base, as well as a recognizable marshmallow treat yum factor. It’s seriously like biting into a warm, gooey Rice Krispies treat! Then the strawberry kicks in and pulls the whole flavor profile together.

This is delicious! Mouthwateringly good. I am thoroughly enjoying this one and very glad that I picked up a pouch. Suuuuper de-lish!

Anna