Passion Fruit Banana Shou Mei

Fruit White Blend
Organic Flavours, White Tea
banana, Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

• “This starts off tasting like white tea and then suddenly develops a banana flavor. It's good but where is the passion fruit? Thank you *Roswell Strange* for sharing! I am always grateful to try a...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1918 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: OK, I've been slacking off again and now I'm really, really behind. (I'm imagining Sil is smiling.) This is really yummy. Very fruity, banana and passion fruit work very well...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4391 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (127)! Slightly overleafed cup, but that's not why it's a sipdown. Since this is one that hasn't strongly impressed me I decided to have one more cup of it, to be sure of my decision, and...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1935 tasting notes
  • “This is a nice fruity white tea. And, 52Teas does fruity white teas really well. When I opened the bag I smelled banana. Wonderful banana. I love banana flavored teas. I have to admit that I'm...” Read full tasting note
    Exidy 67 tasting notes

From 52teas

Product description not available yet.

About 52teas View company

1918 tasting notes

This starts off tasting like white tea and then suddenly develops a banana flavor. It’s good but where is the passion fruit? Thank you Roswell Strange for sharing! I am always grateful to try a 52 tea and this one is good but not something I feel compelled to have in any sort of quantity. This sample is just enough to keep me happy.

Backlog:

OK, I’ve been slacking off again and now I’m really, really behind. (I’m imagining Sil is smiling.)

This is really yummy. Very fruity, banana and passion fruit work very well together. The Shou Mei is delicate but it doesn’t allow itself to be overpowered by the fruit notes. Soft, a little earthy and a little bit creamy, and these notes meld together with the fruit notes in a very pleasing way.

It’s almost smoothie-like.

Hahaha I totally was :)

LiberTEAS

I figured as much.

i miss your notes when you’re gone~

LiberTEAS

Aww … thanks. I do check in daily, I just … get lazy and don’t post. I then justify my laziness by saying I’m too busy.

1935 tasting notes

Sipdown (127)!

Slightly overleafed cup, but that’s not why it’s a sipdown. Since this is one that hasn’t strongly impressed me I decided to have one more cup of it, to be sure of my decision, and then pass it along to my friend Robyn if my opinion on this being somewhat mediocre hadn’t changed.It hasn’t.

While this was enjoyable, and the portion I scooped out had big banana pieces that passed along some big banana flavour – I’m still not mind blown and this is still desperately missing the Passion Fruit. You can’t make a tea with Passion Fruit as part of the name and then not deliver on it. It’s just so disappointing.

But still; not a bad tea, just not what it promises and, for that reason, hard to get behind.

3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This is a nice fruity white tea. And, 52Teas does fruity white teas really well. When I opened the bag I smelled banana. Wonderful banana. I love banana flavored teas. I have to admit that I’m not really sure what passion fruit smells or tastes like. Once brewed, the banana aroma gives way to a more general fruity aroma and taste. The banana is still there, but much more subdued. My first tasting of this tea was hot. Now I am enjoying it iced. It is good either way though I think the maltiness of the white tea and the individual flavors come through better when drinking it hot. I also love the aftertaste. It is slightly malty, slightly fruity, and sweet. The second steeping tastes more like a plain white tea, the flavorings are much less prominent.