Grapefruit Brown Sugar Shou Mei

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Marzipan

From 52teas

Product description not available yet.

About 52teas View company

I thought for sure this tea would have more reviews!
I got this from Marzipan. It tastes exactly as you’d expect. I taste tart grapefruit and a lingering bit of sweetness from brown sugar. Today has been my lucky tea day because everything has been so gooood.

Cheri

I love when all the tea is good.

Backlog:

I’m always on the look out for a yummy grapefruit tea. I’ve tried quite a few as I’ve tried to find a tea that would help me recapture my experience that I had with a grapefruit green tea in Tohono Chul park in Tucson. As it turns out, I found the exact tea that tea was, but, it just doesn’t taste the same at home as it did in that charming little tea house.

Oh well.

Moving on to this tea, this is a very tasty tea. The Shou Mei is earthy and sweet and delicate. The grapefruit is juicy and bright with a nice balance of tart, bitter and sweet notes. The sweetness of the brown sugar softens some of the tartness, I think.

Nice for a second steep too: I tasted more grapefruit and less brown sugar.

Tasty.

I can’t believe I haven’t rated this yet. I don’t know if I’ve had any other grapefruit teas but I find it pleasant. It’s the brown sugar note that stands out.

Well not so much stands out but melds with the grapefruit. It’s very authentic tasting to me. The white base is present but sits in the background as a comforting solidness that wraps up the fruitiness and pulls the tea together. Slightly sweet but not artificially so.

This is definitely comforting. A cuddle up in bed with blankets and read a good book tea.

I too am surprised more people haven’t reviewed this lovely tea.

I’m really still the only person who has reviewed this?

LiberTEAS

I just brewed a pot of this to write a review for the SororiTea Sisters site!

Frolic

I meant to review it but lost my pouch in the move :( . I really like it a lot but feel like I can’t do it justice with out drinking it right before reviewing.

I want to buy another pouch but after my latest butiki order I just can’t justify it when I know I have one somewhere.