Green Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I LOVE this as an iced tea. I'm normally all about the flavored teas, but this is such a nice, naturally sweet beverage, kind of like a nice Chinese green tea, except that it has a mild (and...” Read full tasting note
    52teas 47 tasting notes

From 52teas

Unflavored, non-oxidized African honeybush. Surprisingly complex: light and sweet with a hint of lemony goodness.

About 52teas View company

1 Tasting Note

I LOVE this as an iced tea. I’m normally all about the flavored teas, but this is such a nice, naturally sweet beverage, kind of like a nice Chinese green tea, except that it has a mild (and pleasing) lemony flavor to it.

Cofftea

Green honeybush? Is there a red honeybush like rooibos?

52teas

Oh yeah. We use the red honeybush in several blends (Pina Colada Honeybush, Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish and the Pomegranate Honeybush).

Cofftea

Oh wow! What’s the taste difference?

52teas

Well, the green Honeybush seems to be citrusy. It’s almost downright lemony. The red is more like rooibos, but without the woody aftertaste. It is sweeter and smoother in my opinion. I actually prefer it to rooibos myself.

Cofftea

I don’t like red rooibos at all and have yet to try green.

52teas

Green rooibos also has a kind of citrusy flavor to it, but not as pronounced as the green honeybush. We did a green rooibos with strawberry that was delicious (http://www.52teas.com/2009/02/26/strawberry-green-rooibos-experiment/).

Haha… um that was actually a link to (my… hehe) Mayan Chocolate Chai. =D

52teas

That is REALLY bizarre! I just pasted the address http://www.52teas.com/2009/02/26/strawberry-green-rooibos-experiment/ here and it links to a different tea. Very strange.

Cofftea

Sure, you tempt me w/ a sold out tea, shame shame =D

52teas

ha ha. Sorry. We will do another blend with green rooibos someday. Green honeybush too.