Coconut Cream Pie

Coconut, Cream, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “Yay Saturday! But not just ANY Saturday - an August Saturday with a noon temperature of 64 DEGREES that I am NOT working! The world has lost its mind! I am celebrating this day off by...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “YES. I have DONE it! MWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The perfect balance of strength of tea flavor, milk, and sweetness is MINE, ALL MINE! And now I will never be able to do it again. Actually...” Read full tasting note
    chibibigos 382 tasting notes
  • “This is what's for dessert today. Lovely. Really, it is. It's just... I'm really craving the infamous raspberry oolong tonight and I'm coming to the conclusion that I have precious few fruity...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1268 tasting notes
  • “Cold brew because that's the way I like it. Still the best coconut black I've had to date, but overall, I'd say I prefer coconut oolongs. No additives and I find the coconut still really pops....” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From 52teas

Our Coconut Cream Pie flavored black tea has been one of our bestsellers here at Zoomdweebie’s since we opened. In addition to the pouches of this tea that we’ve sold, we sell a LOT of beverages made from this tea, in particular, this is probably our all time bestselling iced tea latte, one sip of which has led people to exclaim, “That’s like coconut cream pie in a glass!” I’ve also been frequently challenged on our assertion that our tea lattes are all fat-free, particularly with this tea.

It is simply so decadent, so wonderfully sweet and satisfying, that people cannot believe that we didn’t just liquefy a slice of coconut cream pie and serve it to them in a glass.

For the 52teas version of this tea, we are adding some honking-big flakes of unsweetened coconut to our premium black tea blend along with coconut and vanilla flavors. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do, and I promise that next week, we’ll get back to more creative pursuits.

About 52teas View company

When I read about 52 teas here I nearly swooned reading just the names in some cases and the reviews made me really want to order from them. I was disappointed when I went to the site to realize that some of the yummy teas I wanted to try were not available, that they mix up special blends and only have them for a brief period of time. I hope they bring a couple back.

Ok, when you open the pouch for this tea I’m telling you my knees buckled and I think I pushed my nose down into the leaves! Coconut Cream Pie is one of my favorite pies and the air was redolent with that creamy coconut aroma. I will caution you about one thing. I am always careful about steeping and rarely ever over-brew a tea, but I let this go for 5 minutes (It suggested 4-5 and I don’t like weak tea…) but WOW was that strong. I couldn’t even drink it. I poured half of it in another cup and added more water from the tea kettle and did a second infusion of the leaves which looked lovely and lighter and I poured it into a pot for iced tea today. With the over-strong tea in the cup and more hot water added the tea gentled down to a lovely flavor. So this was not the tea’s fault, but mine. Again, I caution you to brew for 4 instead of 5 minutes which I will do next time.

Once the above situation was worked out I had a really lovely cup of tea. Even too strong the coconut aroma was wonderful and finally the right strength it was just a delicious tea. I would definitely recommend it to coconut lovers and I think a little tea pouch of this would make a wonderful stocking stuffer for your tea drinkers in the family. Most of the companies have small sample sizes so I’m ordering a number of those to tuck in.

I hope you are all having wonderful teas and a happy holiday season ahead!

Blessings,

Maitri

Sarah Ruthven

I love a good helpful brewing note…thanks this is one I have been thinking about trying.

OH WOW!!! I am in love with this tea!! 3 heaping tsp. in 12 oz boiling water with a 4 minute steep and here comes coconut heaven! Need more.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on Steepster, but I have been here wondering about. Most teas I’ve been drinking have just been my normal everyday Greens and Blacks, nothing special or worth writing about.

But today, I am drinking the Coconut Cream Pie tea sent to me by Ricky (thanks again.) Drinking this tea is odd for me considering I don’t really enjoy Coconut, but why not try it, right? The aroma does not have a strong Coconut smell to it and the taste is very light to me as well. The Coconut is easy to deal with if your not into that taste, and I just realized what I don’t enjoy about Coconut was the pulp and with this tea containing no pulp (not that you actually drink) makes this great! If your debating whether or not you’ll like this because of the Coconut…just try it! It’s quite tasty.

More backlogging from the weekend.

Love this…I think I must have been on a coconut kick this weekend. The coconut bits are huge, and I amy just eat them next time. Definitely a winner in my book, and the resteep was just as good.

Holy crap. This is yummy to the yum degree. I first tried it hot, and didn’t think much of it. It was good, but just ok. But iced? The flavors came out better, to me. I brewed it double strength, added sugar, vanilla paste, and a touch of cream, and poured over ice. Just creamy goodness. I would of enjoyed more crustyiness flavor, but still, this is just a delight. I bet this would be enjoyable with coconut milk.

I truly enjoy this. Thank you LiberTeas for an ample sample.

Meghann M

Ooh, I’ve never tried this iced. I’ll have to try that the next time I sip on this tea. Sounds delicous.

It is with disappointment that I write this review. Disappointment that my cup is empty because this tea was damned delicious! I am literally steeping more right now.

Anyone who’s read a few of my other reviews know that one of my favorite teas of all time. (Imagine that as said by Kanye West when he took the award from Taylor Swift: OF ALL TIME) is Cocoa Paradiso from David’s Tea ( http://steepster.com/teas/davids-tea/15181-cocoa-paradiso-organic ). Now, that is a seasonal tea, so know that that season is over, I was looking for an replacement to get me through my period of mourning. It was my hope that Coconut Cream Pie would be the next best thing.

I was wrong.

It’s better.

I did sweeten this, and have it as a latte because the smell of the tea alone said ‘Make me as creamy as possible.’ and the only thing stopping me from making whipped cream to throw on this was the fact that I was watching Die Hard. This tea is everything anyone who wants something rich and coconutty could ask for! It’s super delicious, full, and bursting with freshness.

What else I like about this tea is how dessert-like it is. Some coconut teas put me in mind of the tropics, and ought to be drunk iced through straws from brightly coloured luau cups, which is lovely on its own, but they don’t taste quite right when they’re warm and sipped on cold evenings like this tea is perfect for.

OK, just by the name, I had to try this tea. I actually went to bed last night thinking about having this tea this morning…
Unforntunately, I was not happy with the flavor. Tea has a very earthy, natural taste that I love. Somehow this has managed to remove the natural and add in some kind of artificial taste. I’m not saying that it is not natural, it just doesn’t taste natural. The smell is not what I expected either. I have to give an A for trying though. The idea is awesome.

Cofftea

But earthy coconut cream pie sounds nasty to me lol.

This is a nice tea, but it took a couple of cups to reach that opinion. Why? I’m not sure, but it may have been the water. The first time was at home using non filtered water from the tap. This has never given me a problem before, but the tea wasn’t as flavorful as the smell from the container would lead you to believe. The next cup was made with filtered water. Wow! What a difference. Much, much more flavorful and tasted just like coconut cream pie. Hats off to 52teas. If you like tea and coconut cream pie, this match up is hard to beat. If you normally take milk in your black teas, don’t use it here. I tried a cup that way thinking it might accent the creamy flavor, but it really masked it instead. Looking forward to another cup or two of this one.

Smells very nice. Can almost discern a crust smell as well as the pie smell. Good strong coconut flavor. It may in fact be a bit too strong. I can’t tell much about the tea base. This is very tasty though I prefer it hot. When iced it reminds me too much of how suntan lotion smells and it got somewhat bitter. Will try again with a shorter steeping time and see if the bitter goes away when iced.

Today I tried this as a latte, and boy was it delicious. I steeped the tea at double strength, and frothed an equal amount of milk, then combined with the addition of some sweetener. Now that tasted like coconut cream pie, much more so than just a regular brewing of it.