Cherry Vanilla Cola Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “The success of the coconut cream pie inspired me to try one of the other ones I bought from the forgotten 52teas order. I'm not surprised I ordered this one and it was sort of screaming to me....” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1279 tasting notes
  • “Cherry Vanilla Cola tea soda! This is too good, it's too bad I don't have much of this left. I steeped a teaspoon of leaves in my gaiwan because all my measuring cups were being washed, lol and I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “This tea became mine in a swap with *silvermage2000*. I was curious about this one after reading others tasting notes, but it wasn't available any longer. I'm so happy to get to sample...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “Tried this out today to see how it compares to cuba libre. I think i like it. haha i want to try this out as a cold brew but it's not too shabby. Another 52 tea i split with kittenna so yay for...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes

From 52teas

We’re pushing the envelope again this week! With some bottled beverage manufacturers offering sodas made with tea, we thought we would put a different spin on it and offer a tea flavored with soda! Here’s our Cherry Vanilla Cola flavored black tea.

Proving once again that we’re not your Aunt Beatrice’s tea blender, this blend has real cherries, vanilla bean pieces and all natural cola flavor. It’s a great tea for a tea soda, so we’re posting our tea soda recipe for those of you who are interested.

About 52teas View company

Cherry Cola takes me back to when I was growing up. I remember drinking ice cold cherry cokes on a hot summer day in the yard or even over at the local (sadly, long since gone) DQ. I was thrilled to get my first shipment from 52teas and pulled this one out right away to try it first.

The smell is a bit much for me, it is really quite strong. While I like the overall flavor, after much consideration I’ve decided that there is too much cherry flavor for me. I do like it but am looking forward to now trying the second steeping as others have mentioned it stands up well to such. I also look forward to sharing this unique tea with friends.

Cofftea

Have you tried it iced w/ soda water? I love root beer black prepared that way so I was curious if this’d be just as good. I don’t like cherry coke (only vanilla and the discontinued coke blak for me) so I’m depending on someone like you that loves cherry coke to tell me about it:)

RubySlipperLady

I have not. In fact I rarely drink iced tea at all, which may be strange since I love hot tea. I’m from SW KS where practically the only tea people drink is iced. I imagine it would be tasty that way though.

Cofftea

No, it’s not because I used to be the exact opposite:) I was just wondering how much it would taste like cherry coke (especially if you sweetened it before chilling) vs. tea.

Thank you Jenn for your sample full of huge cherry chunks yum. I ate the cherries after the tea steeped and all was right with the world.

I tried half a cup hot and half a cup in the freezer to be iced. Yay grammar.

I, sadly, was not a fan of this tea. The smell was amazing! Like Sodalicious candies (man I miss those), and my nose even felt the carbonation bubbles – VERY cool.
You know, I bet I would enjoy this tea if it was super concentrated and made into one of those tea-sodas, but as it was I didn’t get a lot of flavour and what was there was strange.

I added some sugar to try to re-create the smell, but no luck!

I’m so glad to have the chance to try this tea though, even just to smell it. It smelled like soda heaven :D

I apologize for the sheer cheek, but as my veins are likely at least 50% full of cherry coke…I am wondering if there is any way to procure this long extinct tea. I could swap/purchase/loan a kidney if that would tantilize anyone.

Thank you fo consideration of the matter,
a.

52teas

We do have a cherry cola honeybush now via our My Sweet Honeybush project: http://www.mysweethoneybush.com

.snowglobe angel.

Oh my gosh! You are fabulous.
(and I see root beer float as well!!)
Quick query tho, can we order from 52teas and combo it with things from MSH?
(and is international shipping still okie dokey?) :D
Cheers,
Anna

This is the third tea I’m trying (out of 4) from my 52 Teas order. I kind of put off trying this one because I figured it wasn’t going to work for me. I almost didn’t order it because I was pretty sure I wouldn’t like it, but I thought I’d take a chance. Unfortunately, I was right. I brewed it in a pretty big mug, so I might’ve miscalculated the proper brewing time, but it was pretty terrible. The smell reminded me of a sweet incense, which was a huge turnoff, and the taste was kind of similar. You know how you can “taste” a smell sometimes? That’s what happened here, and it wasn’t very appealing. There was a slightly medicinal aftertaste, which I assume was the cherry, but otherwise there wasn’t much in the way of vanilla cola as far as I could tell. I had to dump it out halfway through—I just couldn’t finish it.

I will definitely try this again, in a smaller cup with a shorter brewing time, but for now I have to say this was a big disappointment. Bummer.