The Smoking Coconut

Black Teas, Organic Coconut, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan)
Coconut, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Creamy
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “ooooh. another sample from evol ving ness this one is tasty too! haha I really like the balance of smoke and coconut. I’d be worried about this going rancid if it...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 8162 tasting notes
  • “I usually make my tea in my 16 oz mugs but today I have been making smaller mugs today so I can drink more varieties. This is among one of the smaller batches and I am finding the flavors are...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 3181 tasting notes
  • “I spent the day drinking multiple steeps of oolong from last night. It was delicious and the leaves were not quite spent, but I had had enough. I cold steeped the leaves for tomorrow. ...” Read full tasting note
    evol-ving-ness 300 tasting notes
  • “This is very coconutty and creamy. Really good morning cup of tea. The smokiness is so slight, it really is more of a light counter-balance to the creaminess. The whole tea is just really smooth...” Read full tasting note
    Exidy 94 tasting notes

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 14, 2016!

I just wanted a tea that was coconut-y and a little bit smoky. So that’s what I did.

Sometimes, that’s what my inspiration is all about. I wanted a coconut-y tea and I thought that the combination of a lightly smoky tea with the creamy, sweet coconut flavor would be really interesting.

I started with a blend of black teas – a rich, malty Assam; a smooth, medium-bodied Ceylon and a tippy, robust Yunnan. Then I added just a teensy bit of Lapsang Souchong to give it a hint of smoke. I wasn’t going for a heavily smoked tea this time around – I didn’t want an overpoweringly smoky presence – just enough smoke to add some contrast to the silky sweet coconut flavor. Then I added a bunch of huge shreds of coconut.

The result is a sublimely yummy cuppa that you’ve gotta try. Sure, it might be a little on the ‘usual’ side especially when compared to some of the teas that we’ve made in the past but it’s no less delicious. Sometimes – going with something a little more ordinary can lead to extraordinary results!

This tea is vegan, gluten-free and all organic!

organic ingredients: black teas, coconut and natural flavors.

About 52teas View company

ooooh. another sample from evol ving ness this one is tasty too! haha I really like the balance of smoke and coconut. I’d be worried about this going rancid if it wasn’t sipped up quickly, but this is rather tasty. It’s mostly a coconut brew, but the base is smooth and obviously slightly smokey, but not overpoweringly so :) thanks evol!

Evol Ving Ness

It’s about a month or so old, Sil, so maybe it still has a few days shelf life. :)

I usually make my tea in my 16 oz mugs but today I have been making smaller mugs today so I can drink more varieties. This is among one of the smaller batches and I am finding the flavors are coming out much better this way. Maybe that’s in my head or maybe it is because I am getting to the teas while they are still hot. Whatever it is, I should do this more often.

This tea is very smooth and creamy but has a nice smokey undertone. The coconut is flavorful but not lotiony so it is making for a creamy/sweet and smoke combination which I am really enjoying.

I spent the day drinking multiple steeps of oolong from last night. It was delicious and the leaves were not quite spent, but I had had enough. I cold steeped the leaves for tomorrow. We’ll see what happens.

As the day drew to a close, I was craving a black tea before my caffeine cutoff point: not any particular one, just something frisky and black and delicious. This fit the bill though it is totally a surprise as it is my first cup of it. The name pretty much sums it up: creamy and sweet smoky coconut, buttery and lovely. The smoke is on the gentle side, but definitely present. This one is a winner.

I wonder whether I can manage a second steep before my tea deadline approaches.

Flavors: Coconut, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Jillian

When’s your caffeine cutoff? Mine’s usually at 3-4 pm

Evol Ving Ness

Mine is usually 7pm, but sometimes earlier if I am going through a period of poor sleep.

This is very coconutty and creamy. Really good morning cup of tea. The smokiness is so slight, it really is more of a light counter-balance to the creaminess. The whole tea is just really smooth with no bitterness or astringency and great flavor.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Smoke