Banana Pancakes

Freeze Dried Banana Slices, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan), Premium Black Teas
Baked Bread, banana, Maple Syrup, Banana, Cake, Cinnamon, Maple, Nutmeg, Nuts, Pecan, Sweet, Walnut, Butter, Malt, Pancake Syrup, Nutty, Cocoa, Coconut, Fruity, Oats, Smooth, Tannin
High
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “I thought I had reviewed this already, but it looks like not. I just finished up my 15g packet, and I will certainly miss this one. Such an awesome balance of banana, bread notes, and maple. Most...” Read full tasting note
  • “365 Days of Tea Challenge – Day 20 Okay, serious business! I’ve heard amazing things about this tea, so now it’s time to try it myself. I am both a banana lover and a pancake lover, so this tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “Black tea blend of an “Assamica from the JingMai Mountains, a Fujian Black and a Yunnan Gold.” with the addition of organic bananas and “pancake and maple essence.” I put 3 g in my thermos, added...” Read full tasting note
  • “6th Day of Christmas Teas I’ve been bad about staying on top of tea notes, but there’s nothing like getting Pink Eye with ColdTM to give you time to do the little things away from All Other Human...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for April 10, 2017!

I don’t think it’s any big secret that I love banana teas. So when I go a couple of months without releasing a banana tea – I really start to miss them. And it seems like it’s been quite some time since I’ve done a pancake tea (actually, I haven’t done a pancake tea since the famous Pancake Breakfast tea which I reblended back in January of last year.) So, I’m thinking – why not bring these two flavors together in one tea?

I started with a fantastic blend of black teas from China: an Assamica from the JingMai Mountains, a Fujian Black and a Yunnan Gold. Then I added some bananas along with pancake and maple essence. But don’t worry, it’s vegan and gluten free – and depending upon how you serve it, its also sugar- and fat-free!

Take a sip on this and experience a stack of banana-filled pancakes dripping with maple syrup! Yummy!

ingredients: black teas, organic bananas and organic natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Sipdown (283)

Today’s #31daysofhallotean prompt is to combine two unlikely teas. Personally I don’t know if this combination is unlikely but I thought of it due to the latte I had the other day. I wanted a salted caramel latte but instead went with a banana pancakes latte when I realized I didn’t have enough of the former. Today I thought those two flavors could be good together so I gave them a mix.

They go fine together. Sort of a weird smokey caramel banana flavor. That sounds nice but it is topped by a metallic quality and the floral oolong. Underneath is a dense black tea, which I think is the “pancakes” coming through. It’s all a bit flat.

Like my last combination of cotton candy and lapsang souchong, I just can’t seem to get flavors to pop.

Dustin

DT went through a short but interesting phase of suggesting mashups of pairs of their teas. My favorite was Tiramisu made of Birthday Cake and Coffee Puer.

additional notes:  I’m having my own themed day and having three pancake teas for PANCAKE DAY (also will be having pancakes for dinner.)  Just finished a pouch of this.  It’s sadly losing some of it’s flavor at this point, though not that old.
2021 sipdowns: 21

Lexie Aleah

I may have to pull out a pancake tea as well ;)

tea-sipper

haha. Do it!!

This is the upcoming Tea of the Week (for the week of April 10th) that I just posted because 1) this upcoming week, especially the first couple days of the week, are going to be very hectic on the personal front and I won’t have a lot of time to sit in front of the computer and do everything that needs to be done to post the tea to the website and on social media sites; and 2) because Mat asked me to make some tea because he needed some caffeine so I decided to grab this because I actually DO have some time to sit in front of the computer and write a tasting note tonight – so why not enjoy a cuppa now?

This is so good. I was inspired to create it after coming across a banana pancake recipe online that required just 2 ingredients: bananas and eggs. Now, I haven’t actually tried this recipe but when I discovered the recipe, immediately my thought was “Hey! Banana Pancakes would make a great tea flavor!” (This happens frequently – I come across a recipe for something that sounds tasty and I think ‘I want to try that as a tea!’)

And so it was that I made the tea. There is a very forward banana flavor with a strong maple presence. A barely there hint of butter (which is intended, I didn’t want too much of a buttery taste because I didn’t want to interfere with the banana, pancake and maple flavors) – and a delightful kiss of nutmeg along with a nice background of pancake. This is a satisfying, distinctly starchy pancake flavor – not like the aforementioned banana and egg pancake recipe. I can taste the pancake part of this – right down to the crispy fried edges.

A really tasty, cozy kind of blend.

Flavors: banana, Butter, Maple, Nutmeg