Chocolate Mint Flavored Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

From 52teas

We had a special request to create a stunning chocolate mint tea to serve at a wedding reception and to offer as wedding favors for guests at the wedding. The result was so awesome, I think we should share it with our other customers. So, without further ado, here is our featured tea of the week for the week of July 13th, the ultimate dessert tea, our chocolate mint flavored black tea, with real organic cacao nibs, fresh cut peppermint and all natural flavors.

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

I taste the mint and I taste the chocolate but for some reason it just didn’t work for me, so it just wasn’t my cuppa tea. A bummer indeed.

Delicious. This smelled so good from the package! In the cup, it is sweet with chocolate and mint. I added brown sugar and milk to it, and WOW did the flavors pop! Yum! Great blend. My fav of 52teas so far!

Dec. 18
This tea does taste like a liquid thin mint cookie. This is a very nice chocolate mint tea. I really enjoyed the taste. I’m usually an assam or yunnan tea drinker so this experience is broadening my tea drinking experience. The good thing is that I’m drinking teas that I normally would not drink. A very nice tea.

Carolyn said this is like eating a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie. Her description fit my experience. I was able to notice a nice chocolate flavor and there was a trace of mint. I thought there was enough mint, but it wasn’t MINT, if you catch my drift. I put in some soy creamer, so mine tasted kind of like Thin Mints dipped in milk. It was definitely delicious and I’m looking forward to trying it again!

I’m beginning to think I don’t have the palate to taste the chocolate in this tea. I like it. It is tasty. I will drink it again and enjoy it a great deal. But it just doesn’t have a chocolate taste to me.

I’ll probably still experiment with it some more, but for now, I’m reducing my score a bit because it isn’t quite what it’s supposed to be.

Another great tea! Without any sweetener or milk, this is delicious with great chocolate and mint flavors. I think Dan and other’s description of a liquid thin mint is just about right! This would be a great after dinner tea (even better if it were decaf).

I was hoping this would be an Andes Mint in liquid form. :)

Actually it’s pretty pepperminty. Very herbaceous. I can detect the chocolate more in the aftertaste—making it more of an impression of chocolate, to me.

I think the flavors would be enhanced if prepared as a “milk tea”.

Eh this one is ok. I’ve had better and I’ve had worse. . .To me its got a different flavor- neither the mint nor the chocolate are really standing out. . .might need to give this one a go around a little later on. . .

Okay so I received this as a gift from AmazonV thanks AmazonV!:) I don’t totally hate this tea it’s not something I would ever purchase to drink but it’s not disgusting either.

The smell when I opened the envelope was amazing but I know from 52Teas Chocomate that smells can be deceiving! So I proceed to steep it up following the directions and the result is a very dark liquor it’s quite nice looking the taste isn’t what I was expecting after reading others reviews comparing this to girl scout thin mints while I am more of a Caramel Delights kinda gal myself I thought what the heck!?!

The flavor allows you to still taste the tea base which is a plus (to me) but the chocolate and mint just don’t pack enough punch to balance out the black tea base.

While I am not a huge Adagio fan I would rather drink cocomint green tea by Adagio than this. Or H&S chocolate mint. I guess I am still on my quest to find a 52Teas tea that I adore. Thanks Again AmazonV! It’s not a total loss my son is enjoying it iced with milk, sweetener, and crushed ice.

Steep Information:
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: Andes Mints
Steeped Tea Smell: Junior Mints
Flavor: mint, hint of chocolate
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: bitter tea, the only time the black tea makes an appearance
Liquor: dark brown, slight red tint

I was expecting liquid girl scout thin mint cookies based off other reviews. I got mint tea. Perhaps I need to try a shorter steep and cream and sugar next time? I am so disappointed I am not sure I am even willing to give it a next time.

Both MilitiaJim and Bobbie also soundly rejected this tea and wanted nothing to do with it.

Post-Steep Additives: German rock sugar
Changes the profile to that of black tea followed by a bitter mint, chocolate is more pronounced.
The sugar makes this a different tea but not much better of a tea.

Yet another tea I can’t fathom such a bad score for. While a shorter steep time will solve the over baring mint problem, it’ll also make the chocolate even weaker…