Bread Pudding

Oolong Tea
Baked Bread, Custard, Raisins, Sweet, Cinnamon, Cloves, Creamy, Nutmeg, Smooth, Spicy
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for September 16, 2019!

OH WOW! This tastes so like fall! It also tastes like bread pudding! A sweet, bready, caramel-y, custard-y bread pudding with hints of raisin & a subtle kiss of cinnamon, allspice & nutmeg! I am really pleased at how well this all came together.

This tea begins with an Oolong tea – but not just any Oolong. This is an Organic Qingxin Oolong from Thailand. It’s a darker Oolong, which means that the oxidation process has imparted a deep color to the leaves. The infusion is a reddish brown. These darker Oolongs tend to have more of a fruity – rather than floral – composition. That deep, dried fruit note that naturally occurs with the tea plays well to the raisin-y flavor of the bread pudding. The Oolong also has a natural warmth to it – offering hints of spice which – you guessed it – also plays to the spice notes in this blend.

To the tea, I added natural essences to create a bread pudding flavor – then I added chunks of organic Sri Lankan cinnamon & organic dark raisins to the blend. The result is a beautiful dessert-y cup – and I’m loving every sip of it. (Don’t forget to resteep this tea! This blend can provide 3 flavorful infusions – or more!)

For those of you who are worried about gluten, you needn’t – this is gluten-free. It’s also VEGAN (yep, that’s right!), organic & allergen free!

organic ingredients: Oolong tea, raisins, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, calendula petals & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Didn’t really love this one, but I’m not sure if I even like bread pudding. Nothing more to say since it’s taken five days to be able to post this thanks to 404 errors. Fml.

OMGsrsly

I’ve actually been drinking a fair bit of tea, and haven’t bothered to post…

Sipdown (330)

Custard and raisins which is bread pudding but something is weird here and I can’t quite place why.

It’s been a while since I had bread pudding, but this definitely tastes like it. Strong sweetness to this naturally, with raisin flavor and bread and custard notes. This is like a party in my mouth. The flavors explode, and it isn’t at all subtle. It’s right there OOMPH Bread Pudding!

Very delicious. I wish I could get a pound of this to drink every day. Good stuff.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Custard, Raisins, Sweet

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 30 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

Sip down.

It didn’t taste quite like bread pudding to me but it was a nice warm, comforting tea especially now that it’s chilly out. It is balanced, very smooth and spiced just right with raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves notes. I liked it much better when I used twice the amount as directed. It was fuller, richer and was a nice dessert tea. I can taste the bread notes more with double the amount.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Cloves, Creamy, Nutmeg, Raisins

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 30 sec 8 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Although I’m not sure this quite tasted… eggy? Enough for bread pudding for me, I really enjoyed it. Great choice for a base tea, and the light cinnamon/raisiny spicing was delicious. I wasn’t sure if I’d like this flavour combo but it ended up working very well for me!

Oolong is a smooth, understated tea and this blend was designed to be smooth and restrained as well. It requires concentration and full attention to appreciate. The bread component is the most prominent on the nose, while on the tongue it mostly spices (nutmeg and allspice) on the backdrop of mild oolong and baked bread.

The taste profile is not especially complex and the spices take a bit more prominence that I would have liked. Also, there is no interesting lingering aftertaste. Overall, it is a solid blend but it’s not something I will look forward to drinking again.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Nutmeg, Smooth, Spicy