Raspberry Fluff Mate

Fruit Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Autumn Leaf Pile, Dry Grass, Earth, Grass, Herbaceous, Marshmallow, Raspberry, Roasted Barley, Smooth, Artificial, Berry, Hay
High
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Amandastory516 sent me the loveliest package of teas, and this was one of them. I was cooking and way oversteeped it, which definitely didn’t help, but it managed to be not bitter until the last...” Read full tasting note
  • “I have been absolutely loving all the mate blends from 52Teas recently! I made this as a hot cuppa with a splash of coconut milk, and it was like love at first sip. I taste the green grassiness of...” Read full tasting note
  • “From the November subscription box. I reorganized the counter in my tea nook a bit last night, and put all of my subscription teas in their own little box so I can be sure to drink them in a timely...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 16, 2020!

Yum! I love the way the flavors of this cup work together. You get the sweet-tart of the raspberry, the sweet, creaminess of vanilla & marshmallow, plus the toasty, earthy notes of yerba mate & together, they create a really fun & energizing drink.

This blend starts with a blend of green & roasted yerba mate. Then I added a bunch of freeze-dried raspberries, organic vanilla bean & marshmallow root. It’s really smooth & tasty. It’s also organic, VEGAN, gluten free & allergen free!

organic ingredients: yerba mate, raspberries, marshmallow root, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Amandastory516 sent me the loveliest package of teas, and this was one of them. I was cooking and way oversteeped it, which definitely didn’t help, but it managed to be not bitter until the last couple sips. Still, the flavor was just mate without a hint of anything else except maybe a bit of marshmallow softness, but so subtle I’m not sure. It doesn’t taste bad, but it’s not what I’m looking for in a tea. The resteep was the same. I wish I’d gotten some raspberry or more marshmallow, but at least it was a decent mate.

I have been absolutely loving all the mate blends from 52Teas recently!

I made this as a hot cuppa with a splash of coconut milk, and it was like love at first sip. I taste the green grassiness of the mate, and while I don’t love the taste of mate I don’t mind it either – and I really appreciate that the base flavours are more embraced by 52Teas instead of hidden. Plus, there is a LOT of mate in the blend – when I drink a mate it’s because I want the focus and stimulation. When a company puts barely any mate in a blend or its the last ingredient… that makes me sad.

The flavour, outside of the mate, is great too! I feel that 52Teas pretty much always nails their vanilla and marshmallow blends – so the light and fluffy creaminess in the cup comes through and is delicious; especially when boosted with the thickness that coconut milk adds to the mouthfeel/liquor. The raspberry is minimal but present and clear, with a sweetness to it that mixed with the vanilla/marshmallow just perfectly captures this vibe of an artisan raspberry marshmallow. You know the ones – oversized and cut into near perfect cubes!

I hope there continue to be more mate blends from 52Teas, because it’s so hard to find unique and inventive mate blends that actually taste as cool as their concepts!

52Teas

I just got some more mate in so – yes, you can expect at least one or two more mate blends in the very near future! I have enjoyed working with it as well. I’m really glad you enjoyed this one!

From the November subscription box.

I reorganized the counter in my tea nook a bit last night, and put all of my subscription teas in their own little box so I can be sure to drink them in a timely manner! I also ordered a couple of acrylic divided bins to use instead of my current cardboard boxes with the flaps cut off… I’m also planning to do some acrylic bins in the cupboard to separate different types of tea and such, but haven’t decided on those yet. Anyway, getting off topic! This is the first tea I’m trying from the November subscription, as the combination of raspberry and marshmallow sounded so delicious.

Unfortunately, I’m not getting much raspberry, vanilla, or marshmallow in this pot. The base is a mix of green and roasted yerba maté, and I’m mostly just getting the grassy and herbaceous green flavor here. And I do like green maté, so it’s not bad, I’m just only getting a faint hint of raspberry and maybe a touch of marshmallow at the end of the sip. I can taste the roasted maté as well, it adds a nice hojicha-like note and roasty richness.

I wonder if I didn’t get enough raspberry in my scoop, although there wasn’t a ton in the packet and it was mostly small pieces. I’ll have to give this one another try or two before I assign it a rating!

ETA: I also added a Subscription tab to my tea spreadsheet! Yay!

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Dry Grass, Earth, Grass, Herbaceous, Marshmallow, Raspberry, Roasted Barley, Smooth

AJRimmer

I always tell myself I’ll get cute bins for my unopened tea pouches, yet year after year, they sit in a spare DavidsTea cardboard box on my shelf.

Cameron B.

I recently watched the Home Edit TV series, so I blame that… XD

Martin Bednář

I started the tea spreadsheet earlier this year, but I wasn’t able to keep it up to date and somehow I didn’t liked the format; though Oolong Owl’s template was great.

I am trying to keep it on Steepster cupboard; but almost never check it. I just randomly pick a tea that sounds good to drink in the time.