White Temple tea

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Rijje

From A C Perch's

Soft white tea with delicate exotic flavour. Mango, papaya, orange, strawberry and pineapple. Infuse with 70-80 degrees C water.

About A C Perch's View company

GOSH! This stuff coldbrewed? Awesometastic, I swear! Wow. It’s all tropical and sweet and with a ton of papaya and pineapple coming through. Unlike the white dream tea from the same company, this one totally wins by being cold brewed. And it was pretty tasty to begin with. I might be considering wether the Standard Panel should contain some seasonal standards as well.

I had this at 93 points before so it was already pretty high up, but this cold brewing turned out so awesome that I’m adjusting it further upwards.

I’m probably going to be a little scarce for a couple of days. Two new kittens, sisters Charm and Luna age 13 weeks, in the house (yay kitties) that we just brought home yesterday. They are so sweet and exploring the house and very distracting from serious business things such as tea. My room is being investigated… wait, now they left. They are so cute I could just explode!

Indigobloom

I’m jealous, kittens are the best distraction ever!!! have fun xx

Megs

Okay, this sounds delicious! Yet another tea to go on my shopping list…

Erin Hurley

Have fun with your kitty cats! Tea sounds fantastic!

Roughage

Kittens and tea?! Sounds like you are living the good life. I hope they are still doing well.

A whole pitcher of this, cold-steeped…

also gone.

Poof. Just like that.

Iced 8 min or more
yyz

It’s ice tea weather here as well… Hmm greens and Oolong’s are my favourites to ice. I should make some.

Anna

Mine, too. And yes, you really should. And then you should tell us what you had.

Looks into the can
Yummy berries. Good leafs. Is that strawberry? YUM… and that looks like orange.

Wait.

What’s that?! Is that a… PEARL?!
A jasmine pearl???

Stares

Wonder if it’s part of the blend or a mistake. Found four pearl in total. I don’t mind. I love pearls. There is nothing wrong with the tea either. It’s a fine yellow liquid. Bought a kettle so I can boil the water to precise 80 celcius. Good result… The small dusty things are dancing slowly to the bottom. Some of them stand still for a while.

I like that. It’s like matrix.

Smell of heaven. Sweet and flowery.
The taste is sharp but sweet. Can’t taste the berries, can’t taste the pearls, can’t taste the leafs. Why? Because it’s blended into a symphony. Perch does that a lot – I don’t mind.

I LOVE IT!

Well, this is the first time I try a tea from A.C. Perch’s, and it seems to be a tea house with potential!
I have tasted some white teas before, but not many at all, to be exact this is the 2nd white tea I try, which is to say that it isn’t a lot.
The tea itself is Pai Mu Tan, can’t be anything else, the other white tea I’ve tasted was a silver needle, and it didn’t had much flavor. The dry tea smells nice. Fruity, exotic, sweet and so on. The leaves are quite big and flat, and the steeped tea got that characteristic, almost silvery color to it. White teas are so adorable in color. I steeped this tea for a long time, 6 minutes, maybe 7 minutes, but it doesn’t seem to be a too long steeping-time. I can not clearly tell which fruits it smells of in it’s liquid form, it is just one fruity orgy, but there’s clearly strawberry and pineapple in it.

The taste is sweet, which may be caused by the candied fruits added to this tea, and of course the white tea itself, which tends to be sweet. I almost only get strawberry and pineapple when I drink it, and it is also tart due to the pieces of fruits added to it. Great tea, but it really is a fruity orgy. I don’t think it overtakes the best Kusmi-teas I’ve tasted.

Overview:

Appearance: Big, flat white tea leaves, orange peel and candied fruits.
Dry tea-smell: Fruit. Strawberry, pineapple and papaya.
Color: Silvery.
Brewed tea-smell: Strawberry and pineapple.
Taste: White tea, sweetness and tartness. Strawberry and pineapple.

Angrboda

Hej landsmand! Jeg kan stærkt anbefale ACP. Det er et af mine absolut yndlingssteder at bestille. De har min perfekte Lapsang Souchong og jeg er fuldkommen pjattet med flere af deres smagstilsatte teer, specielt hindbær oolong og sensommer blandingen.

(Men deres anbefalinger for trækketider er efter min mening fuldkommen i skoven…)

Andreastt

Jeg regner også med, at jeg vil bestille noget mere te fra dem, men man kan jo kun købe deres te i poser, kan bedre lide når man får teen i dåser.
Smager Hindbær Oolong’en syrligt af hindbær, a la frugt-te, eller indeholder den bare essens? Kan ikke holde overdrevet syrlige frugt-teer ud!
Lige med hensyn til deres trækketider, så må man nok sige, at de er helt ude i skoven. Der står at grøn jasmin-te skal trække i syv minutter, arrh det tror jeg nu ikke helt!

Angrboda

Dåserne kan du jo købe ved siden af, men der er nogen få stykker hvor der følger en dåse med. Du skal nok kigge i gave-afdelingen så. Jeg kunne godt tænke mig at man kunne købe mindre end 100g ad gangen over nettet. Det ville være rart hvis man bare gerne vil prøve noget man er i tvivl om.

De vil også have seks minutter på deres LS. Det tror jeg ikke engang jeg ville kunne drikke.

Hindbær oolong er helt sikkert mere end essens. Der er masser af tørret frugt i. Jeg tror ikke selve frugten afgiver så meget smag, men den er definitely frugtet. Hvis du ikke bryder dig om syrligt, tror jeg måske ikke den er noget for dig…

Jeg testede det lige efter http://steepster.com/Angrboda/posts/102907
Nu er jeg så lidt i tvivl om jeg tror den ville være acceptabel for dig. Det kommer nok an på hvor præcis din grænse går (min går ved hibiscus og den slags, føj for…). Hvis du er nysgerrig kan jeg sagtens smide en prøve i en konvolut til dig så du ikke risikerer at hænge på en masse du ikke bryder dig om. Jeg har den altid i huset. :)

Andreastt

Bare send en teskefuld te til mig.
Strømmesbølvej 7, 6880 Tarm, Danmark
Har lige købt den nyeste te fra Kusmi, Euphoria, blanding af ristet maté, chokolade og appelsin.

Angrboda

Den ryger afsted her i eftermiddag. Jeg skal alligevel på postkontoret og hente mine forsyninger fra Les Palais des Thes. Der er flere i den pakke som jeg er rigtig spændt på!

For the moment I discover A C Perch teas, and during the weeks that I’ve been living in Denmark I have bought ten different teas, but i believe it will be more. Anyway. White Temple is one of my favorites of Perch teas.

When you smell on the tea, its fresh and fruity in its scent. I can feel a dominant scent of papaya and mango. When you drink the tea the sweet mango taste is strong. In the aftertaste the orange and papaya brings forward the freshness in the drink.

White temple is also perfect with fruit especially pears. It is a very fresh combination.

Anna

Mmm, White Temple iced…

Tina

I haven’t tried this one as an Ice tea yet, but that’s on my to do list as soon as I get back to Aarhus where I hide the tea!

I first had this at my brother’s in Copenhagen, when we visited him last year. We enjoyed it so he sent us some for Christmas and now it is in the regular line-up of teas in our house. The best bit is being able to experiment with how I brew it, instead of relying on my brother’s Philistine ways with tea! ;-) So, I started the pot with two teaspoons of the tea in my 250ml glass pot and brewed it initially for two minutes at 80 degrees. Not enough flavour came through. It was pleasant and a bit bubblegum, but not as nice as I remembered it. After a bit of experimentation, I finally got it right for me. Between 75 and 80 degrees was the right temperature and a 3-4 minute steep brought out the flavours nicely. All the fruit came through, but delicately enough not to be overpowering. I did not notice much of the white tea, except as a background to the rest. Still, it was very nice and perfect for when I want something sweeter to drink. I wonder if it will be sufficient to counter my addiction to jelly snakes and jelly dinosaurs?

I really like the White Temple Tea from AC Perch’s. I love that I can forget it and let it steep for 15-20 minutes when chasing the kids. It is mild and slightly fruity.

160 °F / 71 °C 8 min or more

I find this tea way too fruity, and I get the feeling of it leaving a plastic like film in my mouth after drinking it. I’m aware it’s a very popular tea, but it’s not for me I think.