Key Lime Pie Jade Oolong

Oolong Tea
Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Creamy, Fruit Tree Flowers, Fruity, Graham, Honey, Lime, Nectar, Pastries, Sweet, Cream, Custard, Graham Cracker, Milk
Edit tea info Last updated by Lauren | A Quarter to Tea

• “I opened the package and just had to try it right now. The looseleaf smells strongly of lime zest, lemongrass, vanilla, and sweet custard. I can see little bits of graham cracker and what I assume...” Read full tasting note
    arbutus 833 tasting notes
  • “The bag smells like key lime, but lime green skittles. As soon as I soak the leaves with hot water-thick, buttery cream blams into my nose with the key lime. I was not counting time, but it could...” Read full tasting note
    daylon-r-thomas 744 tasting notes

From A Quarter to Tea

Key Lime Pie Jade Oolong:
Tea of the Week 3/14-3/20

We started this with a naturally sweet and slightly floral jade oolong and added sweet lime, lots of cream and a rich custard flavor to make a tea that smells good enough to eat. And even better to drink! This is a gluten free pie experience!

This tea is limited run, so once it is gone, it’s gone for the season. It is sold only in 0.5oz quantities.

All orders come in resealable packaging and include a reusable muslin cotton tea bag.

Ingredients:

Jade Oolong Tea, hua mei bamboo, gluten free cinnamon grahams (brown rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca starch, sweet rice flour, butter, brown sugar, sorghum flour, gluten-free oat bran, molasses, natural flavors, cinnamon, potato starch, sodium bicarbonate, baking soda, sea salt), calendula, non-pareils, natural flavors

Brew and Size Instructions:

Use 1-2 teaspoons for a 6 oz cup
Steep for 3-5 minutes in water at 180F

About A Quarter to Tea View company

I opened the package and just had to try it right now. The looseleaf smells strongly of lime zest, lemongrass, vanilla, and sweet custard. I can see little bits of graham cracker and what I assume are white chocolate chips. The oolong is rolled into beautiful emerald green mini pearls.

I steeped 1.5-2 tsp (difficult to tell with the larger pieces) and 550 mL hot (but not boiling) water. It brews a light yellowish green and smells like lime and flowers.

I’m quite glad I bought a larger size of this, because I’m in love with it. It is so amazingly fruity, sweet, creamy, and there are hints of floral, honey, nectar, and flowers. Any one who enjoys key lime pie or desserty teas will enjoy this.

Flavors: Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Creamy, Fruit Tree Flowers, Fruity, Graham, Honey, Lime, Nectar, Pastries, Sweet

Super Starling!

Oooh, I want to try this now, too. That sounds epically delish.

Arby

You will not be disappointing, it is a fantastic blend.

The bag smells like key lime, but lime green skittles. As soon as I soak the leaves with hot water-thick, buttery cream blams into my nose with the key lime. I was not counting time, but it could not be more than two minutes and thirty seconds. Water at around 200 F, 6 ounces, a little over a teaspoon. The leaves opened up quickly.

First taste, key lime pie. Moslty key lime custard with a strong, but thinner cream note. The cream flavor blended into the oolong perfectly. It actually made me think of Mandala’s Milk Oolong in a weird way. Specifically, the first five second steep where you can taste a weird buttery creamy candiness. It was not nearly as thick as the Mandala’s Milk, but still milky nonetheless. Some might disagree with my comparison, but the creaminess is there. The graham cracker is a lot more subtle, but if you pay attention, it’s there.

Steep two at about four minutes, lime is what I taste the most. Not quite as creamy as before but still a hint creamy.

More will be written. Expect me to edit this.

I can say that I wish Lauren always had a Jade blend up because she has done a good job with every one that I tried.

Flavors: Cream, Custard, Graham Cracker, Lime, Milk