Decaf Ceylon Orange Pekoe

Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

• “What a great, all around daily drinker! Today was tea party day, and you may remember that I feel that my guest has done all the experimenting she really wants to do, she has determined that she...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2193 tasting notes

From A Southern Season

Product description not available yet.

About A Southern Season View company

What a great, all around daily drinker! Today was tea party day, and you may remember that I feel that my guest has done all the experimenting she really wants to do, she has determined that she loves black tea best, and I determined that I will start serving at least two black teas at tea party instead of wide assortments. The third tea will be either a flavored black or a green or oolong tea that she has had and loved.

I usually start out with an unflavored black tea to complement and cut the sweetness of our dessert. Today we had a couple of Hoosier pies that my daughter made, also called Sugar Cream Pie. It was really good, and the tea was a great pairing for it.

This tea does NOT taste like a decaf. It has so much flavor and heft, but is smooth and nice even without milk or sugar. Classic orange pekoe flavor!

On a side note, it is funny that I have a teapot purchase decision to make, thought about asking for advice here, imagined what advice I thought you would give (and what I would give to others in my shoes) and decided I knew what you would say and didn’t ask after all. So, thanks for your help, guys! I think I know what to do now! :)

K S

WWSD? :)

Lived in Indiana my whole life. I had never heard of Hoosier pie and I’m kind of a pie aficionado OK addict. Have had many a nutmeg dust sugar cream pie though. Interesting. Learned something new.

gmathis

Wonder if that’s like what we call chess pie around here.

Making note of a decaf with HEFT.

Glad to be of service ;)