Creme Caramel Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Josie Jade

• “This is one of many teas that I picked out from Southern Season when I visited the store for the first time on Saturday. The dry leaves smell amazing, very strongly of vanilla and caramel. The...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Josie Jade* for sharing some of this with me! I brewed some this morning, and it was pretty decent. The dry leaves look and smell good, I like the marigold petals. Nice touch, though I...” Read full tasting note
    whatshesaid 196 tasting notes

From A Southern Season

A pleasing twist to oolong tea, the caramel bits and marigold petals add an accent of toffee sweetness to your brew!

Ingredients: Oolong tea, carmel bits, flavor, marigold petals

About A Southern Season View company

This is one of many teas that I picked out from Southern Season when I visited the store for the first time on Saturday. The dry leaves smell amazing, very strongly of vanilla and caramel. The tea liquor was a little bland at first, but once I added a little sweetener it became a wonderfully smooth tea with a nice, strong caramel finish. Perfect for a cold and rainy night!

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves with caramel cubes and yellow petals.
-Dry leaves smells like caramel and vanilla. Tea liquor aroma is of creamy caramel.
-Tea liquor is a clear dark golden yellow color.
-Light caramel toffee flavor and finish. Smooth texture.
-Best with sweetener. Milk optional.
-Good tea. A simple, smooth and sweet cup. Flavor becomes richer as cup cools.

Azzrian

The rating confuses me. Sounds like you liked it well enough.

Josie Jade

I actually didn’t mean to rate it yet. Is there a way that I can just put in notes about a tea and leave it unrated until I’m ready to officially rate it? I thought I saw some people do this, but I couldn’t seem to figure it out late last night. :)

Nicole

I just noticed last night that there is a little X to the left of the rating bar that will take a rating off.

Josie Jade

Oh that’s good to know, thanks Nicole! :)

ashmanra

Oh, Josie, I hope you went to Night Gallery, too! Just down the hall! I hope to go soon!

Josie Jade

I had never heard of Night Gallery until your comment and I just googled it. Oh my goodness, I want to go NOW! This tea note was actually from back in the Fall, so it’s been awhile since I’ve been to Southern Season too. Considering that next week is my spring break I may just have to make a trip to Chapel Hill! :)

Thank you Josie Jade for sharing some of this with me!
I brewed some this morning, and it was pretty decent. The dry leaves look and smell good, I like the marigold petals. Nice touch, though I have no idea if they greatly add to the taste.

I did taste it before adding anything, it was pretty subtle so I decided to sweeten it a bit. That made the caramel flavor come out. I am still on the hunt for a ‘perfect for me’ caramel tea, but am glad to try this and will enjoy the rest of my sample for sure!

(85 degrees, 3-4 min)