Raspberry

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

• “I am backlogging this from yesterday. It took me a week to get a little better of my cold. Yesterday was the first time I wanted tea during the week, before that I could barely breathe through my...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes
  • “Backlog 6/10 I got this one in my swap with *darby*, thank you! Last weekend I went on a craaazy spree realizing that I could ice any tea I had.... I know that seems stupid but I just don't know...” Read full tasting note
    ianerickson 119 tasting notes
  • “My New Tea Shipment is HERE! YAY! I randomly chose - out of the ones I ordered - to sip first - and here it is! It's the Raspberry Flavored Black. At first sniff this tea reminds me of...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This tea is... disappointing. The bf asked for "something raspberry" tonight and this ended up being what we settled on: I remember it being so-so the first time I tried it, but tea is always worth...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

The moniker ‘berry’ is actually misleading, for the raspberry is actually a cluster of drupelets around a central core. When picked, the drupelets detach from the core, unlike true berries, which stay attached. However, you’re sure to remain attached to the Raspberry tea, which combines the sweetly tart flavor of red raspberries and premium Ceylon black tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

The winds outside my apartment are so loud and so intense that the flat is shaking and rumbling. It’s one of the few things I hate about living here, when it gets this windy! It seriously sounds like the building’s going to be plucked from the street an transported to Oz :( As such, I’m calming my mounting anxieties with many cups of tea. This raspberry was a gift from a kind soul with my last order.

It is just as a raspberry tea should be. The raspberry is a welcome sweet-tart addition to the black tea base, without overwhelming the flavour completely. Redolent with flavours of sunny, fresh-picked raspberries and raspberry leaf, with a softly tannic finish. It’s a perfect, simple pleasure.

I’m on my second cup, and to try and further decrease my I’m-definitely-not-going-to-die-in-a-wind-related-natural-disaster-nope-not-at-all anxieties, I blended a little of this with some Assam and served it with milk and a squizzle of vanilla syrup, because it’s very cold and between the crime and the high winds, my neighbourhood can be a really scary place, and I need all the comfort I can get.

Cavocorax

That sounds like a very great fix to help distract you from such a terribly anxious situation!

Sami Kelsh

For reals. Rail services to London are cancelled for today, and I’m supposed to be going down to the airport tomorrow morning, and I’m nervous as hell I won’t be able to get there!

Thank you to Darby for sending me this one in a trade!

Steeping: It smells like candied raspberries. I prepared it black and only steeped it for 3 minutes.

First sip: I’m getting a pleasant black tea flavor but I can only smell the raspberry, I can’t taste it.

Second Sip: I added a generous pinch of rock sugar. I;m getting a very faint raspberry flavor, but not enough to satisfy my love for raspberries.

Thoughts: It was an average black tea for me. Pleasant tasting, but underwhelming because I was hoping for a stronger raspberry flavor. I’ll enjoy drinking the rest of this, I’m going to use it as an iced tea. I don’t think I would restock it at this point.

Thanks to darby for this tea! Got it recently in a swap, and I was excited to try it.

The loose leaf smells very much like raspberry, but the full spectrum of the raspberry flavor doesn’t really come out in the brew. Most of what I get is a tart sensation laid over some decent quality black tea. Perhaps I needed to sweeten it more… I will try that next time I make this. Not saying I like it, not saying I don’t, just reserving judgment. :)

I’m a sucker for raspberry. I usually get dissapointed by the very artificial flavor taste in fruity teas, but this was a little light or should I say, sutil. A good one but will continue the quest for the perfect raspberry flavor.

I’m bummed about this one. I’m glad I bought a small sample size to try. The unbrewed and brewed aromas are excellent, but the flavor is lacking.

This was brewed as directed. I used boiling water in the French press for 3 min. That seemed too short for a black tea, so I sampled and it was weak. Let it go to 4.5 minutes. The flavor was stronger, but I’m still missing the raspberry.

It just tastes like plain black tea. Unfortunately, that’s not what I was looking for.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I enjoyed this very much – raspberry is one of my favorite fruit flavors. The raspberry is present but not overwhelming when cold steeped as iced tea. I will definitely be repurchasing this summer.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Even the scent when sniffing up close is a little too much for me. Raspberry tea is a little tart and syrupy in flavour and the aroma is quite overwhelming. My younger sister loves the tea, but based on it’s taste, I’d say its more accustomed to a child’s palette and lacks the sophisticated flavours I look for in tea. From a distance, the smell of the tea however is very drawing and soothing, I’d love to have a cup just sitting across the room when I’m sick, because it’s very relaxing, but when I get within a foot of the tea it punches me in the face with a distasteful smell before I even get it into my mouth, and when I do, I wouldn’t necessarily say there’s a party in my mouth; more like my taste buds are packing up and moving out