Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

From Adagio Teas

Historians believe that the name ‘strawberry’ comes from an Old English tradition of placing straw on the ground around this fruit, preventing slugs and other insects from enjoying a free lunch. Once you try the delicious Strawberry Tea, you’re sure to see why they were so protective. Combining the succulent taste of sweet strawberries with bright Ceylon black tea, this is a treat you’ll keep for yourself!

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

I sun brewed this tea yesterday and I’m having it with my lunch. I have to say I’m not surprised by this- it’s the typical flavored black Adagio tea that’s misses on many levels. The ceylon base is just never really a hit with me – it’s either too bitter or too overwhelming of the other flavors. The strawberry flavor in this tea tastes rather artificial and very jammy.

Who would have thought that mixing this with Ti Kuan Yin would be the perfect complement to the 2nd round of the NFL draft…steeped 2 times and both perfect. Hard to mess up Ti Kuan Yin, really….perfect base for ANYTHING

WOW – Never would have thought of this on my own! Ti Kuan Yin with Strawberries! I still can’t imagine it … will have to put it on list to try soon.

Enjoying my Monday with a favorite tea. :)

The strawberry taste is super subtle; the black tea takes center stage, and the strawberry leaves a lingering sweet aftertaste. I certainly wouldn’t have it any other way, since it IS tea, after all. If you add a little milk and sugar, this becomes a very yummy sweet tea.

I had set the timer for 4 minutes this time, and the tea probably got around 4 minutes and 30 seconds. I added more sugar than I had before, and just a slight touch of milk. The sugar seems to really bring out and brighten the strawberry flavor (I use a “raw” sugar with my tea). A nice finish after a home cooked meal by my significant other.

One of my favorite teas: Really good light strawberry aroma, good strawberry flavor that’s enhanced by the addition of milk (half-and-half even better) and a small bit of sugar (the tea is naturally a bit sweet; too much sugar and the tea will become cloying). Love it!

Strong strawberry scent and flavour, very nice! It has a very strong aroma and I find I like it better when I steep it gently, with nearly boiling water for about three minutes or so.

The strawberry flavor is just bold enough, and actually tastes like strawberry should.

Had this iced, cold brew, which is normally my favorite way to make black iced tea, particularly with Adagio’s blends. This one disappointed. There is a hint of sweet, a hint of fruit, but nothing that could be firmly identified as strawberry. Considering I ordered this less than a month ago, it can’t even be attributed to old tea.

Drinkable, just unremarkable as an iced tea and misnamed as a strawberry tea if you go off the taste.

Trying out different loose leaf amounts/steeping times to try to wean myself off of sweeteners. This has half a package of Truvia, and is alright, still need to figure it out.