Strawberry

Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

From Adagio Teas

Historians believe that the name ‘strawberry’ comes from an Old English tradition of placing straw on the ground around this fruit, preventing slugs and other insects from enjoying a free lunch. Once you try the delicious Strawberry Tea, you’re sure to see why they were so protective. Combining the succulent taste of sweet strawberries with bright Ceylon black tea, this is a treat you’ll keep for yourself!

About Adagio Teas View company

Not bad. I overbrewed my first cup and it was very bitter, but my second attempt was much more successful. This is a tea that needs sweetening, but I do lightly sweeten most of my teas anyway. The strawberry flavor is decent, and doesn’t taste as artificial as many berry flavors tend to.

I really like this strawberry tea. It’s not too strong, and it doesn’t taste artificial like some I’ve had. I think I even like it better than Mariage Frère’s strawberry, which is saying something. It’s about on par with Ahmad’s strawberry.

Very tasty tea. I usually add sugar and milk. Comes out tasting divine. Usually my go-to black tea that I drink.

Though I normally like my flavored blacks to be more flavor and less tea, the mild strawberry flavor coming in at the end of this is pretty satisfying. Nothing special, but I was expecting a dessert tea and got a lovely afternoon blend instead. This might be great iced and I want to try that; I also want to try steeping it for less time, as some other reviewers have done.
-Cash

Just got my first order from Adagio…..this is the best strawberry tea I have found so far

My first cup of this via an Adagio sample is brewed with a light scent and the full color of a ripe Strawberry. A subtle taste of the fruit that I absolutely love makes me think I’ll be buying more of this when the sample is up.

A bit “dry” on the palate. It still delivers a nice strawberry flavor to accent the black tea.

SO I just brewed up a cup of Strawberry. Only steeped for about 3.5 minutes and still cannot escape the bitter taste of this tea, which is sad because it smells so good. The water was almost boiling when i added the tea too it. Maybe i need to reduce the amount of tea i’m adding to the water or something. If anyone has any suggestions on reducing bitterness let me know. I love this tea, but the bitterness turns me off.

This is one of the teas that convinced me that black teas (unless prepaired with more milk and sugar than actual tea) are not for me. I though the drink was way too bitter, and just gross tasting. The rest of this tin will be going to my mom.