Valentines

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Dark Chocolate, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Natural Chocolate Flavor, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Rose Petals
Chocolate, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

• “Just received my package with a little over $50 dollars in samples from Adagio, so I have lots of new teas to try out in the next few weeks. Yay! This was the first one I picked out of the bunch...” Read full tasting note
    ragashanti 92 tasting notes
  • “Once upon a time, Ninavampi didn't know much about tea. She wondered around trying things that sounded tasty, mostly super sweetened to help her get through studying. This tea in particular was a...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from yesterday! Yesterday was a very nice, laid back Wednesday. I didn't have any homework after I finished my online stuff that was due for this week, so I sat back, watched some...” Read full tasting note
    ianerickson 119 tasting notes
  • “Interestingly, given the amount of points I decided to give this one, I seem to be racing through the sample TeaEqualsBliss gave me. Adagio sample tin sized sample that is. I can usually make those...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1189 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Have you been looking for true love in a teacup? Then you’re sure to fall ‘head over heels’ for the Valentine’s tea. It deliciously combines the luxurious flavor of fresh-dipped chocolate-covered strawberries with the taste of premium Ceylon black tea. Don’t wait until February to treat yourself to this romantic tea, give it a try today.

About Adagio Teas View company

I’ve put all my untried samples into two drawers in a small cabinet in my living room, and it’s so fun to reach into them and grab a sample at random. Thank you, starfevre, for so thoughtfully including this as a bonus in the package you sent me!

Actually, it’s good timing, because I’ve been toying with the possibility of creating my own blend on adagio’s website, but figured I was in way over my head a) because I know nothing about blending; and b) because I hadn’t tried a single adagio tea!

This tea is pretty much exactly what it purports to taste like. I would say, however, that even with milk and sugar added, the chocolate used here is certainly of the darker, almost but not quite bitter variety, and the strawberry makes a fleeting appearance at the end of the sip, but isn’t distinctly strawberry—it merely adds a slight tang. Because I’m not typically a fan of chocolate-covered strawberry-flavoured things, I can’t say that I’m a huge fan, but I found this tea to be an excellent Adagio introduction, and it was entirely pleasant and drinkable. It actually has me a little excited to try more of their teas at some point.

Thanks again, starfevre!
(speaking of starfevre, any news? I haven’t seen posts in a hwile)

Suziqzer

I haven’t seen any posts from starfevre for some time now. Looks like it’s been about 2 months since a tasting note. I hope everything’s ok!

Great Canadian TTB

After the success with Chocolate Chip, I decided to give this a try. However, this is more what I come to expect from Adagio blends. The base is strong and a touch astringent. The only other flavor powerful enough to compete is the rose. This is just not for me but thank you Jeweled Thumb for the chance to try it.

Yay for mystery swaps with Moraiwe!
I’m thinking I may have steeped this with too little water. I taste a nice tea base with something else, but I’m not sure what that something else is. Reading the ingredients, I see it has chocolate in it which I think is the something else, but I don’t get all the other fruity goodness that is listed. There is a little bit of bitterness on the sides of my tongue in part of the sip. Feeling a little eh on this one. On to try other teas!

Tea & Cards TTB

This is a delightful tea…in the bag it smells like chocolate-covered strawberries (without any of the cloying aspects) and once steeped it opens up into a hearty, solid (and damn good) black tea with background notes of strawberry – which taste delightfully authentic – and the barest hint of chocolate.

It’s smooth and slightly dry without being astringent and leaves you with a mildly dessert-esque after taste. It’s not a dessert tea by any means, but if you like your mornings with a hint of sweetness this could easily be a good match for you.

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Those who follow me may or may not have noticed that I tend to do a new tasting note for each time I try a tea, even if I already have notes on it. Mostly this just helps me keep up to date as well as visually seeing what teas I tend to use alot. Usually the only reason I won’t do a tasting note is because of time, or just having nothing to say.

Anyways- Today I tried this one as an iced tea. It’s hot in California today! And I tend to like having drinks at hand while I’m driving. I put two teaspoons in my IngenuiTEA (3min@ 195F) and released that over half a 24oz cold cup of ice. Whoops, even diluted I think I maybe overleafed too much. Usually I double the leaf for iced tea, but this probably would have worked out fine with the usual amount.

I second steeped the leaves again into a hot thermos with half a tsp of sugar. I can definitely tell this is overleafed (for me), even though it was a shorter brew time (~1.5min@195F).

Even as potent as it was, this is still a very nice tea. The subtleties of the tea are lost quite a bit however as the black base plays in the forefront. You get the chocolate aroma still, but don’t taste it nearly as much. It may be a tad more floral, but not overwhelming. I like that it’s still quite nice iced, yet without sugar. I didn’t care too much more the second steep with the sugar, but it was nice to have the option around during the car ride.

This tea is SWEET. The flavor is mostly chocolate with a berry twist and tiny bit of floral tossed in. It’s a great dessert tea but the intense sweetness keeps it from being stocked regularly for me. Helps me kill my chocolate cravings so I keep coming back to it.

This was quite yummy brewed with a pinch of dried stevia and a splash of vanilla soy milk. Much more subtle than Adagio’s description, but nonetheless delicious!

I really tried to like this one, but it just tastes all muddy to me basically. All I’m realy tasting is an artifical chocolate flavor and something else I just can’t place. Not a fav.

This tea kind of confuses me. The first few sips, I didn’t really care for it. Now I’m getting a really comforting flavor that reminds me of strawberry flavored milk. I don’t taste much chocolate. Probably not a tea I would drink on a regular basis, but I don’t regret buying it. Prepared with almond milk and stevia.

First off, just let me say, I really enjoy sweet teas. And the only kicker I have against Valentines is that it’s got a little bitter kick, but it’s still greatly enjoyable. I think my favorite part is actually watching it bloom. Going from the little leaves to a giant wad of soggy leaves. Anyways…

I love the color of this tea, and the aroma is just so… yummy. :] I agree with previous reviews, there is no fighting between flavors, it is chocolate covered strawberries and it’s delicious. It might not be for everyone, which is why sample sizes work. I’m currently waiting for Adagio to get Valentines back in stock. Totally buying a larger size. I love drinking it in winter.