Valentines

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Dark Chocolate, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Natural Chocolate Flavor, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Rose Petals
Chocolate, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

• “Just received my package with a little over $50 dollars in samples from Adagio, so I have lots of new teas to try out in the next few weeks. Yay! This was the first one I picked out of the bunch...” Read full tasting note
    ragashanti 92 tasting notes
  • “Once upon a time, Ninavampi didn't know much about tea. She wondered around trying things that sounded tasty, mostly super sweetened to help her get through studying. This tea in particular was a...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 160 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from yesterday! Yesterday was a very nice, laid back Wednesday. I didn't have any homework after I finished my online stuff that was due for this week, so I sat back, watched some...” Read full tasting note
    ianerickson 119 tasting notes
  • “Interestingly, given the amount of points I decided to give this one, I seem to be racing through the sample TeaEqualsBliss gave me. Adagio sample tin sized sample that is. I can usually make those...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1298 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Have you been looking for true love in a teacup? Then you’re sure to fall ‘head over heels’ for the Valentine’s tea. It deliciously combines the luxurious flavor of fresh-dipped chocolate-covered strawberries with the taste of premium Ceylon black tea. Don’t wait until February to treat yourself to this romantic tea, give it a try today.

About Adagio Teas View company

I really tried to like this one, but it just tastes all muddy to me basically. All I’m realy tasting is an artifical chocolate flavor and something else I just can’t place. Not a fav.

This tea kind of confuses me. The first few sips, I didn’t really care for it. Now I’m getting a really comforting flavor that reminds me of strawberry flavored milk. I don’t taste much chocolate. Probably not a tea I would drink on a regular basis, but I don’t regret buying it. Prepared with almond milk and stevia.

First off, just let me say, I really enjoy sweet teas. And the only kicker I have against Valentines is that it’s got a little bitter kick, but it’s still greatly enjoyable. I think my favorite part is actually watching it bloom. Going from the little leaves to a giant wad of soggy leaves. Anyways…

I love the color of this tea, and the aroma is just so… yummy. :] I agree with previous reviews, there is no fighting between flavors, it is chocolate covered strawberries and it’s delicious. It might not be for everyone, which is why sample sizes work. I’m currently waiting for Adagio to get Valentines back in stock. Totally buying a larger size. I love drinking it in winter.

I should send Adagio a well-worded Thank You note for blending this tea. Chocolate and Strawberry in tea form? How can you go wrong? It really is true love in a cup. The strawberry is the real star of this tea, with the chocolate flavor lingering afterward. It is not overpowering, but doesn’t leave you disappointed.

I kind of love this? I got a sample tin with my first-ever tea purchase, but I didn’t actually try it out for about a year and a half because I forgot about it. It’s really wonderful and a great dessert tea—I got a tin of it for my boyfriend for Valentine’s.

I was anticipating this tea for Valentine’s Day and I’ll have to say I was not disappointed. I would suspect many will expect a bold chocolate/strawberry taste something you would get from one of those Starbuck’s gourmet cups of coffee that has lots of flavor. Well it doesn’t, it’s subtle but it’s delightful and lingers there for a while. For this reason I love it. I ate Shortbread Fingers with it and boy was the combination deeeeelish. This will definitely be a regular on my tea list

Just brewed up a cup of Valentines by Adagio. I was a little skeptical about the basis for this tea so i only ponied up for the sample size tin. The taste of the tea is really complex for a tea with only a couple of notes in it (Strawberry, Black Ceylon, Chocolate). The tea tastes very smooth when brewed like this, but needs a little sweetener to bring out some of the more subtle flavors. I think brewing it for the recommended 5 minutes makes it taste a little bit bitter, so the next time i’ll cut down the brew time a little. The tea has a little bit of a tannin to it, but again, this could have something to do with brew time and water temp. The aroma of the tea is phenomenal and will quickly smell up your kitchen if you’re lucky. Overall a very well constructed tea. I’m gonna recommend brewing it for about 3.5 minutes with just barely boiling water. I’ll post again when i’ve given it another shot.

Excellent tea for two to share. The black tea with rose hibiscus and chocolate (strawberries?) has a good balance. I heated up the water to 212 since it is backed with black tea. Let it step for 5 min (I let my tea maker brew it for me from adagio.com).

As it touches my pallet it first seem to have the sharp taste of black tea. The chocolate sooths the tongue (not candy chocolate, but from the plant). With an accent of a sweet touch. I do not know for sure if there is strawberries (are there any in there?) in it of if it is the rose hibiscus that I am acquiring this taste from.

Bottom line a nice mellow cup to share like a valentine.

The black tea chocolate and strawberries. Do not steep more then two minutes because I’t gets bitter. Its good a black tea with a medium chocolate taste with a hint of strawberry. I’ts good.

This morning’s tea – I didn’t make it and the leaves sat in the pot for too long so it was a little bitter, but it was mixed with cream tea to make it smoother and I put some sugar and milk in to take away the bitter so it ended up pretty okay.