Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, getting a full 23% of all ice cream consumption. Inspired by this love of vanilla, Adagio has created Vanilla Tea. Combining the delectable flavor of sweet vanilla beans and premium Ceylon black tea, I’ll scream, you’ll scream, we’ll all scream for… Vanilla tea!

About Adagio Teas View company

Having just tested Vanilla Green (which was weak according to instructions), I decided to make this stronger from the beginning. I haven’t had much luck with Adagio’s flavored black teas, but this one does not cause an immediate “blech” from me. It is strong, but did I overdo it? Not sure, but the vanilla is probably making this ok for my tastebuds. To me, the vanilla is in the background and not overpowering, only adding some sweetness. I added a tsp. of honey to sweeten further.

The aroma was strongly vanilla, so I decided to slightly under-brew it so that it was not overpowering. This was unnecessary because the flavor was mild at best. The vanilla was almost non-existant, but it made for a very slight hint of vanilla flavor. Overall, a decent black tea.

Ricky

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks that the flavor is barely there.

This is one of the few flavored black teas by Adagio that I just do not like at all. This tea has a strong, strong, strong vanilla flavor. It’s so strong that it tastes fake and sweet to me- all I can taste is vanilla, no tea. I have to classify this tea as undrinkable, because I simply cannot stand the fake vanilla flavor.

Cofftea

I’ll take it off your hands:) Try the vanilla oolong, I like that one better.

lahochstetler

I’d give it you, if I had any left- it was just the little sample size, alas. I will try the oolong though.

I will do another review of this tea later when I’ve had it hot, but I’d like to tell you all that this is MY FIRST attempt at cold brewing! I had an essay due in at midnight, so at lunchtime I made up my tea in a regular water bottle and put it in the fridge, ready to take out as a treat once I’d handed in my essay. I used the vanilla because I thought it was a pretty basic tea to try cold-brewing for my first go, and it would hopefully be a nice sweet treat. Also I had to use like double the tea, and I really didn’t want to let go of that much of one of my fandom teas (they’re just the samplers). I tried a glass of it last night at about 2AM, after steeping for 14 hours, and was very surprised with how little tea I could taste. The vanilla was there, but no discernible tea taste. I have also come to the shock conclusion that maybe… Just maybe… I don’t really like vanilla?

I like it just fine with other flavours, but on it’s own, I’m not so sure. All I know is I struggled to finish the glass, but poured the rest of it this morning, after almost a whole 24 hours of steeping, and the tea taste is there now and it’s SO much better. Like seriously. So after a day in the fridge I think I can say that my first cold steep experience has been a success, I just wish I had used a different tea. (The vanilla hint is still a little too strong for my liking).

I’m glad I only got this as a sample, but if anyone is a vanilla fan (which I think most people seem to be) I think this would be a very good tea to cold-steep, as from memory I don’t remember tasting too much vanilla in my hot brew of this. I probably won’t be drinking the rest of this sample, if anyone in the UK wants it, I’d be happy to send it on down, although I’m not really expecting anyone to care too much about it. But there you go.

Iced 8 min or more 4 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I completely agree with the description of this tea regarding vanilla ice cream. I love it, love it, LOVE IT. This tea, not so much. I’ve had it a few times before deciding to rate it and there’s just something the flavor I do not like. I can pick up on the vanilla but I’m thinking that it’s the black tea they use as a base that I am hating on. I have many black teas from Adagio that are just “meh” and a few (such as their peppermint one) that I really liked. I have a feeling this one is going to sit in the back of the cupboard until one day I spot it and have forgotten what I thought of it.

Another sample from Erin. Thank you!

A pleasant vanilla taste that dominates. There is still some tea taste as well, but not enough to pick out any subtleties. Rich amber in the cup.

Like most of Adagio’s flavored black teas, the aroma was overpowering when I opened the tin, but the taste was weak. I liked it, but I would still prefer a stronger flavor.

Cofftea

Have you tried their vanilla oolong? I prefer that over this one so I was just wondering what your opinon was. I’ve been pretty impressed w/ all of their flavored oolongs I’ve tried.

With nothing added to it the flavor seemed plain and a little astringent. The vanilla blends into the background tea base and is unimpressive.
Add milk and sugar and the vanilla pops out along with a rounded flavor profile from the tea base.
This is a crave worthy but just O.K. tea.

I received this in a sample set from Adagio. This is not to bad, but not my favorite vanilla tea. It smells wonderful, the black base offers a tad bit of astringency , but nothing too strong and the vanilla comes through with each sip. A nice cup of tea.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea helped me tremendously when I had a cold, but I needed caffeine to help me study for a sociology test. It has a smooth vanilla flavor that compliments the black tea base! It also blends well with fruity teas.

Flavors: Vanilla