Ali Shan

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from Taiwan. Formosa, meaning ‘beautiful’ was what the Portuguese explorers called this island. The oolong tea grown here continues to be called as such. The exquisite bouquet of Formosa Oolong tea is regarded to be the finest in the world. Complex floral notes echo on your palate as you enjoy this product of Taiwan’s Ali mountain. Light bodied and softly sweet with an underlying complexity, this oolong will surely come to haunt. Perfect for multiple infusions.

About Adagio Teas View company

This oolong is on the green side of things. I really tried to like it. I varied the steep times and the temperature…same results for me. Too vegan tasting. The smell in the tin is incredible, but the brew is not to my liking. I guess I have something to put in the TTB!

Watched some videos and read some about how to properly taste tea, and I can identify even more about what makes this tea so good. Smooth and buttery and vegetative, but the most impressive part for me was the aftertaste- like 5 minutes after I finished drinking I got very plump fruity tastes. Awesome.

Confession: after I’ve had my several steeps of these exquisite leaves, I will pick out and eat the buds and smaller leaves. Yes, it’s that good and tender, like the best buttered asparagus or artichoke with a vase of sweet flowers on the table. Enjoying Tea has a good price for Ali Shan, and it seems to me to be the same batch as Adagio has right now. Enjoy!