Jasmine Yin Hao (#9)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tperez

• “I got the job! I got the job! I got the job! ::checks one stressor off her list:: So, Jasmine seemed like the perfect tea to celebrate this morning. And how 'bout that? It's the best that...” Read full tasting note
    Rabs 356 tasting notes
  • “Tomorrow it'll go away, tomorrow is the sipdown day TOMORROW WE'LL DISCOVER HOW MUCH ROOM MY CUPBOARD HAS LEFT FOR STOOOOOOORE ONE MORE TAAAAAAAAAAAAASTE ONE MORE...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 299 tasting notes
  • “My acid reflux is still acting up, and I have been having trouble sleeping, so I'm watching my tea intake for now, in case it's aggravating either issue. That's not fun. So I limited myself to...” Read full tasting note
    Skulleigh 267 tasting notes
  • “I've been avoiding this tea for a while - the idea of Jasmine kind of scares me, it doesn't seem like something I'd like. The leaves smell great though - along the buttery lines I like. I've...” Read full tasting note
    BlueKittyMeow 124 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from the Fujian province of China infused with the delicate scent of the night-blooming jasmine flowers. If you enjoy jasmine tea, we urge you to try the sublime taste of its well-made varieties. The ‘Jasmine Suite no. 9’ is the finest grade Yin Hao tea, perfectly suited for special occasions. It melts into a cup of sweet fragrance and delicate jasmine notes. You will be hard-pressed to find anything so sublime.

$9/3 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

This is my all-time favorite green tea. I would gladly drink this daily and find myself craving it randomly during the day.

Will have to try this again. Maybe my taste buds are fried from sampling too many different teas. Felt this was not as jasmine flavored as teavana or harney and sons.

This has a tasty and crisp flavor to it which I enjoyed. However, it is a bit more expensive than I would prefer for something that isn’t great.

This is far better than the chun hao! Great first steeping, and the leaves smelled up to a second, though I didn’t get around to it. Will try again, but it’s looking very promising.

This was the first, true jasmine tea I’ve ever had and I was very impressed. Every jasmine tea I’ve had after it has either been too floral or too astringent for me. In other words, all others pale in comparison. Adagio seemed to have been out of stock for a while, but it’s back now and I’m so, so, so very happy it is! Sometimes you just hafta have some jasmine tea, yanno? Although jasmine tea isn’t my favorite, it’s good for what it is! A must-try for jasmine tea lovers!

This brewed up to a surprisingly dark color. The flavor is richly floral, and surprisingly hearty. I think it may be the jasmine green from ThinkGeek’s sampler.

I guess I’m just not a fan of jasmine. I found this to be nearly undrinkable and the smell started to give me a headache. I threw out the last 1/4 of the cup. Someone else said the jasmine got more subtle on resteeps, so maybe I’ll throw out the first steep next time I try it. I’m glad I only got the sample!

I read some of the other reviews of this tea and I think maybe I prepared it wrong. For the first couple of sips it was really bitter but then it mellowed out and the Jasmine was really prominent and both the scent and the taste was delightful. It was a very smooth clean taste to me unlike the earthiness of some of the blacks and oolongs I’ve tried. The pack said 3-5 minutes at 195, I had to estimate the temp by bringing it to boiling and waiting a minute and steeped for 4 mins. I’ll try resteeping (since someone said it resteeps really well) and for less time, see if that takes out the early bitterness.

The dry tea leaves smell sublime, the steeping tea smells amazing, and a deceptively clear beverage (at Adagio’s recommended steeping time) yields a clear, smooth jasmine flavor. Additional infusions progressively tone the jasmine down and let the green shine through.

This is definitely one you want to filter. Leaves left in the cup, it becomes unbearably floral and approaching soapy near the leaves.

This tea was hard to drink if you like your teas to have a more earthy taste! It is very sweet and the Jasmine is very very strong! not one of my favorites!