Jasmine #12

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cofftea

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from the Fujian province of China infused with the delicate scent of the night-blooming jasmine flowers. If you enjoy jasmine tea, we urge you to try the sublime taste of its well-made varieties. The ‘Jasmine Suite no. 12’ is an exotic Dragon Phoenix Pearl tea, comprised of intricate jasmine-infused pearls. Each pearl combines two delicate leaves and an unopened bud. When added to water, the pearls majestically unfurl, releasing their delicate scent and flavor. A spellbinding treat for all senses. While not cheap, this tea is well worth the experience.

About Adagio Teas View company

Jasmine pearls are my favorite type of pearls. I hadn’t had Adagio’s take on them, so I ordered a sample. As always, the sample is generous, and I’ve been resteeping all morning long. Now the leaves are fully unfurled and the tea continues to be tasty! A win!

I love jasmine tea and I’m on a quest to find the best moderately priced oolong available. From my experience, I would think that there may be better than Adagio’s. From their description, the leaves “majestically unfurl.” I’ve tried every sensible brewing time and temperature combination possible and I can only get the pearls to open about half the time. The fragrance only carries an inch or so from the cup and the tea always seems “watered down.” My experience with Adagio in general has been that their teas seem “tired” when they arrive. They’re simply not very robust and just don’t brew up as expected.

Harfatum

I’d recommend checking out Life in Teacup’s oolongs. Great quality, reasonable prices, and very generous with free samples.

Cofftea

This makes me sad! I love this. I prefer it steeped at 3 min. Perhaps your water/leaf ratio is off?

Paul M Tracy

H- Thanks, I’ll check that out!

Cofftea, yeah, this is a weird one for me. When it brews correctly it’s not bad. For some reason, I have a difficult time getting this one to be consistent. I started drinking Adagio well before I found this site and I’m seeing ratings are consistently higher for their teas than what I would give. I haven’t placed an order with them in some time. I think I might have gotten an off batch. I’ll probably pick up some more from them this Fall to try the great suggestions I’m getting on Steepster. I’ll give this jasmine another shot too.

I had this last night to celebrate finishing off some grading. (And I still was able to go to sleep, so that either tells you something about how tired I am, how little caffeine this tea has, or a combination of those two.) This tea has a very strong jasmine flavor. It is a pearl tea, so it’s fun to watch in a glass mug. After it unfurls, you’ll see the tea buds. It brews up to a light yellow liquid. (Yeah, that’s what it reminds me of, too.) It’s wonderful hot and the flavor transforms some as it cools. I really enjoy this one. It’s fun to brew, fun to drink. Not something that I reach for everyday, but definitely good.

Love the little “balls” of tea, especially when they unfold. Something about that just makes it taste better… ESPECIALLY when steeped in a traditional teapot (something I definitely don’t do enough of). There’s a few different types of Oolong Jasmine, they all taste almost the same, with some subtle differences. This is a lighter Jasmine, not as much flavor of the flower, but more of a mix between Jasmine and Oolong. Still very good though.

I’ll start by saying this. I really really wanted to fall in love with this tea.
After receiving the sampler set from Adagio I prepared this tea as noted (180 degrees @ 5 min steep). Is it me or does this tea overpower a little? Maybe over steeped. WILL TRY AGAIN. The jasmine smells amazing, but as this is my first oolong tea I’m still working through the overall tastes of this tea. Watching the teas unfurl was the coolest btw. ;-)

Cofftea

I’ve been steeping it as directed, until this last time. I cut it down to a 3 min steep and it actually seems stronger. I hope you have as much success tinkering around w/ steeping times/temps as I did:) This is my favorite jasmine.

Taken with no additives.
Rich, well-balenced light oolong with well developed jasmine flavor.
Not over powering jasmine and as the tea cools the jasmine does not take on any unpleasantness.
Very nice.

One of my faves!

The jasmine scent does not overwhelm the delicate oolong. It reminds me of warm humid nights with the scent of my night blooming jasmine wafting in the window.

Eeep. Went to make an after lunch bottle of tea, and choose this. I poured the pearls into my bottle, and realized that it was my last serving of the sample I got! No more #12 until I have worked through the POUND of Jasmine #9 that I ordered. If you have never ordered 16 oz of a tea before, please be informed… that’s a LOT of tea!

Jasmine #12 smells so lovely. I want a perfume that smells like it! And I love seeing the pearls unfurl as it steeps. If you have one, use a clear glass pot or tea bottle to enjoy the show.

190 °F / 87 °C

I like this tea. It has a nice jasmine taste and a particularly nice jasmine scent. I recommend finding the steeping time that works best for you, however, as I don’t think the recommended five minutes is necessarily your best bet…it can get a little strong and can easily start to border on bitterness. Tack on an extra minute for each resteeping and enjoy!

Soooo yummy… this is my special treat for a nice occasion or just to lift my spirits. Very sweet and floral jasmine scent, love watching the balls unfurl in the water, every sense is delighted while making and drinking this. I only have a tiny sample tin in my tea drawer and I’m trying to make it last as long as I can as I can’t really afford this nowadays.