Jasmine #12

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cofftea

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from the Fujian province of China infused with the delicate scent of the night-blooming jasmine flowers. If you enjoy jasmine tea, we urge you to try the sublime taste of its well-made varieties. The ‘Jasmine Suite no. 12’ is an exotic Dragon Phoenix Pearl tea, comprised of intricate jasmine-infused pearls. Each pearl combines two delicate leaves and an unopened bud. When added to water, the pearls majestically unfurl, releasing their delicate scent and flavor. A spellbinding treat for all senses. While not cheap, this tea is well worth the experience.

About Adagio Teas View company

This is a great jasmine tea. I might be biased because really like jasmine teas. The thing that stood out about this tea is that the jasmine taste really stayed after the second and third infusions. I’ve had some jasmine teas that really taste bad the second time around, but this wasn’t one of them.

The flavor was a good touch, and the jasmine didn’t overpower the oolong. I highly recommend this tea

4.5g tea
12 oz water

I lowered the steep time further on this tea to just 1 min. I also increased the amount of tea a bit as well. I liked out this one turned out as the jasmine wasn’t as overpowering as i seemed to remember in my previous steeps of this.

A nicely balanced Jasmine Oolong. The aroma while steeping is a little overwhelming, but the floral notes and oolong come together well when drinking.

Just an additional note: Be careful not to oversteep this tea. The Jasmine can become overpowering and ruin the tea if you do.

a favorite with or without sweetner. Not so good, for me, with honey.

Quiet time tea, not overpowering.

Man, I LOVE this. It’s just perfect after the lunch!

The farmer growing this tea says: " the hardest part for jasmine pearl is jasmine flower blending. In order to get the best flower time, we must do this job in the midnight in Jul and Aug when the best time for flower blooming comes. Meanwhile we must control the temperture and time. A good quality jasmine pearl requests several time of blending so as to absorb the richest flower flavor."
This month 10% of sales will be donated directly to the farmer.

My first experience with pearls. I missed out on the fun of watching them unfurl while steeping as I don’t have a glass mug and just a regular infuser. The pearls make me want to buy one of those fancy glass contraptions.

Taste-wise, I like Adagio’s Rooibos Jasmine better. A lot better. I initially appreciated that this tea is more subtle, but soon discovered that I missed the stronger flavour of the other jasmine teas I’ve tried. It’s just my first cup, though, and it could be that I mucked up the steeping time. If you’ve read any of my other tasting notes, you’ll know that I have a tendency to forget that I’ve got tea steeping. Oops. I think I’ll pay more attention next time and re-evaluate.

Very fragrant to the nose. Tastes more like I put a piece of fragrant soap in my mouth in all honesty. I walked around trying to think of what it tasted like and that’s what came to mind. I’m going to add some honey to it and see what my palate says ….

I really love the Jasmine flavor of this tea, although I think it may be a little too powerful. I’m drinking my first steep now and wow it just really pops! If your a fan of the Jasmine flavor teas then this one is for you.

I’m fixing to start last night’s episode of LOST while I finish off this first glass then have my second steep during the episode. This last season is really getting good.

Wow, flowery! Very subtle, and yet not weak.

Love this tea, my favorite Jasmine by far.

Cofftea

I’m not sure if this is #1 or #2 in my book- jasmine silver needle is SO good!