Formosa Oolong #8

Oolong Tea
Autumn Leaf Pile, Honey, Oak wood, Plums, Raisins, Tobacco
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from Taiwan. Formosa, meaning ‘beautiful’ was what the Portuguese explorers called this island. The oolong tea grown here continues to be called as such. The intense pungency and exquisite bouquet of Formosa Oolong tea is regarded to be the finest in the world. The ‘Oolong Symphony no. 8,’ comprised of large ‘choicest’ grade copper-red leaves with beautiful tips of silver is a wonderful introduction to this variety.

Also on the package: A darker oolong from Taiwan, formerly known as Formosa. Deep raisiny and ripe fruit aroma, autumn leafy note. Lingering flavor and smooth, refreshingly fruity astringency. A lovely introduction to Taiwanese tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

Too roasted for my tastes. There’s really nothing about it I like.

Really awesome stuff. I love how mellow, smooth, buttery, and creamy it is. I always have it with about 1 teaspoon of white sugar per 8 ounces. Would be great even if it had more sugar in it.

Very woody, almost spicy, but I’m still getting some sweet notes.

It’s kind of like drinking a buttery campfire, baking the ash into a cinnamon scone, and then shoving them in your mouth at the exact same second. And I mean that in the best way possible, it’s actually quite satisfying.

Basic dark oolong with earthy and roasty flavors. As usual, all teas from Adagio are high quality, very fresh and ship super-fast. This is a good everyday oolong any oolong lover should keep in their pantry. Good tea for the money.

One of my favs. Started me on my love for oolongs. Very Smooth.

I’ve had some mediocre teas recently (my bad!), I think this one tops it off. It really does not do justice to the great oolongs that come out of Taiwan.

This is definitely a tea that you will like or hate. The pungent aroma is something of a surprise, and has a definite air of tobacco about it. The liquor is a deep rich brown, almost more of what you would expect from a black than an oolong. The brew retains the hint of tobacco in the aroma, but the taste is easy and quite smooth on the palate. A great little workhorse tea in my opinion.

A pleasant enough tea. A little woody and slightly astringent but I may have steeped a little too long.

Smooth, light – the perfect oolong. One scant teaspoon will do it, and I was able to steep it twice with the second time being only slightly more astringent.

Considering it’s perfect and affordable, I’ll probably stick with this as my oolong.

Great taste, don’t have to steep it too terribly hot so its good any time of the day. Don’t oversteep it or it will taste bitter and woody.