Formosa Oolong #8

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from Taiwan. Formosa, meaning ‘beautiful’ was what the Portuguese explorers called this island. The oolong tea grown here continues to be called as such. The intense pungency and exquisite bouquet of Formosa Oolong tea is regarded to be the finest in the world. The ‘Oolong Symphony no. 8,’ comprised of large ‘choicest’ grade copper-red leaves with beautiful tips of silver is a wonderful introduction to this variety.

Also on the package: A darker oolong from Taiwan, formerly known as Formosa. Deep raisiny and ripe fruit aroma, autumn leafy note. Lingering flavor and smooth, refreshingly fruity astringency. A lovely introduction to Taiwanese tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

A moderate oolong that lacks anything of interest. It was pleasant enough that I plan on finishing the tin, but I am not sure I would bother with it again.

This is a very nice tea, very earthy but mellow. I love it!

My first loose leaf oolong and it’s better than expected! The dried tea is very earthy and musky. However, it came out tasting a lot lighter and smoother than I would have guessed. The flavors are earthy, woody and a bit grassy. If you’re not too familiar with oolongs (like me), you should give this a try. I enjoyed it.

Love this tea. I’ve had other Oolong’s but this is by far my favorite (so far).

Used my new ingenuiTea (which is way cool) with this tea. Light and pleasantly sweet. Still good after three infusions! In fact, I think I’ll try a fourth…:)

I enjoy this quite a bit, it was one of my first introductions to Oolong and I am certainly glad for it. Has an earthy smell to it, almost musky. Flavor is somewhat strong but by no means overpowering. Very green tasting, though a bit bitter on the way down.