Formosa Bai Hao (Oolong #40)

Oolong Tea
Astringent, Bitter, Honey, Tannic
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from Taiwan. Formosa, meaning ‘beautiful’ was what the Portuguese explorers called this island. The oolong tea grown here continues to be called as such. The intense pungency and exquisite bouquet of Formosa Oolong tea is regarded to be the finest in the world. However, only the finest of Formosa teas warrant the label of ‘fancy’ grade. This is such tea. The ‘Oolong Symphony no. 40’ has dark, silver-tipped leaves and produces a mesmerizing cup of delicate peachy notes and warm, soothing flavor. Well deserving its nickname as the true champagne of teas.

About Adagio Teas View company

This is the first oolong I fell in love with. I have then discovered that I prefer roasted oolongs. I haven’t found this anywhere else but in Adagio.

I steeped this tea 2-3 times and was pretty dissappointed at first. It was incredibly bland and dull. However, the fourth steep I just went all in and steeped two teaspoons at 205 for around 5 minutes. When I smelled the liquor I had to do a double take! It smelled like someone has poured peach juice in my cup. Let it go long like everyone suggests! This can be a great tea!

Deliciously smooth, yet complex oolong

This one is pretty good tea, but you have to be careful to use enough leaves. The leaves are very lightweight, so I recommend using more than a teaspoon per cup. I have used too few leaves before, and the result is a sort of woody taste. This tea is pretty good for everyday use, but it doesn’t have the delicious complexity of the best Taiwanese oolongs.

Very good, dark Oolong. Picked up the sampler tin out of the cupboard not knowing much about it until I started to drink it and noted how nice and complex it is. Weak Oolongs really irk me, so this one wasn’t a problem. I would say one of the better dark Oolongs I have had in awhile. It is worth the extra cost. Try sampler first and I don’t think you will be disappointed. Definitely can handle multiple steeps.

185 °F / 85 °C

A special tea for a special time. My all time favorite tea. Ever. Period!

Scent of honey but great taste of Oolang. A good one from Adagio :)