Jade Oolong #18

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

• “Sip down! Yeah, finished all my adagio samples finally! I cold steeped this one overnight, and accidentally grabbed my Tfree tumbler instead of my water bottle on my way to jiujitsu. Totally had...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1012 tasting notes
  • “This had a really nice fresh moist green scent. I love the little curled up tea leaves. The leaves opened up into cute little Brussels sprout looking wrinkly leaves. I like the color of the...” Read full tasting note
    BlueKittyMeow 124 tasting notes
  • “I'm not sure how this one has escaped tasting for so long. I was looking for something appropriate to try out my new cast-iron tetsubin and this was perfect. The leaves were tightly curled and...” Read full tasting note
    paulmtracy 141 tasting notes
  • “Ok, I love green oolongs and I've never had this (or any Jade oolong) before so when this came up as May's Roots Campaign featured tea I was pretty much suckered in instantly. 2.25g/6oz This...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from Taiwan. Formosa, meaning ‘beautiful’ was what the Dutch explorers called this island. The oolong teas grown here continue to be called as such. Unlike its dark brethren, this is a Jade Oolong tea, almost green in appearance with large, hand-rolled leaves. Once infused, these unfurl to release this tea’s delicate notes, exquisite flavor and enchanting fragrance. The ‘Oolong Symphony no. 18’ tea is sure to become your favorite. We urge you to give it a try.

$14/5 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

Brad – musky and not great
Sarah – didn’t like
UPDATE – after trying it again, we both enjoyed it. May not order Adagios again, but would seek out other jade oloongs.

Drank Sunday . . . Now I’m out.

This is definitely on the green side of oolong, and is similar to the other “Jade Oolongs” I’ve tried, Tung Ting and Pouchong. It’s a bit more minerally and astringent and less flowery than Pouchong, and very close to the Tung Ting from TeaSource I tried. Its hard to define the difference, except I’ve heard this tea described as “clean” and that seems to define it—a characteristic like rainwater or almost more like an herb tea rather than grassy. It’s the kind of tea I could see myself drinking all day, yet not one I’d want to drink every day. A good, solid tea, but not one I think destined to become a favorite.

Nice balanced flavor. Lightly oxidized and very green in leaf and liquor. Nice intact leaf structure, good for many infusions without losing flavor. Probably my favorite oolong I’ve had from Adagio.

Brewed gongfu style in a yixing pot. This is a very fine example of a good jade oolong at a very reasonable price. Light smooth oolong taste with buttery notes. This tea is also amazing at how many times it can be reinfused to the point that it frequently outlasts me which is very rare considering that tea tends to have a very short lifespan around me.

This tea has a wonderful aroma—buttery, with a slight spice note. The taste is nice, light, buttery, vegetal flavor. It is amazing how much the leaves expand during steeping.

I’m on my last leaf of this, and I tried to make the most out of it. I love the beautiful floral scent with a light, sweet taste. Very good! Steeped this twice in a huge mug. I may try to squeeze out another.