Jasmine Bloom

Flowering Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “So a friend has stopped by which has obviously slowed my tea drinking. Hopefully *Roswell Strange* is not using this oppurtunity to catch up! Luckily this friend knows my love of tea and she...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1933 tasting notes
  • “This was very nice! I can no longer recall if I received this is in my box of teas from LiberTeas or if a friend game it to me for my birthday, but the beau and I finally did this up today....” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 695 tasting notes
  • “I'm a fan of blooming teas. Loose leaf tea isn't too popular in Texas, so when I'm steeping it in public (as I tend to do because I live on a college campus), people are attracted to the visual...” Read full tasting note
    lanestew 19 tasting notes
  • “This opens beautifully and the flavor is very nice. It has a mellow jasmine taste - not bitter or too sweet. The green tea is smooth and slightly vegetative. A very nice cup!” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4421 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

hand-woven tea cluster magically unfolds to reveal a jasmine flower hidden within, infusing your cup with its delicate scent.

About Adagio Teas View company

1933 tasting notes

So a friend has stopped by which has obviously slowed my tea drinking. Hopefully Roswell Strange is not using this oppurtunity to catch up!

Luckily this friend knows my love of tea and she actually asked if we could have some. Of course I jumped on the chance. She asked for a floral tea and I determined this to be the perfect oppurtunity to use of the last jasmine bloom that MissB sent me. It was a win-win because she got her floral tea and of course enjoyed the bloom and I did not have to drink a whole pot of this tea on my own.

It is tasty enough. Buttery with a hint of floral but not something I want a whole pot of. So we have been talking over a pot of tea and it is lovely. Also we shared a laugh over this pretty hilarious video:

Thanks MissB!

This was very nice! I can no longer recall if I received this is in my box of teas from LiberTeas or if a friend game it to me for my birthday, but the beau and I finally did this up today. Unfortunately, our electric kettle which heats the water to your desired temp chose to die today, so we had to wing it in terms of temp. The bloom opened really beautifully, I had a grand time trying to photograph it through the teapot. The tea itself is really unassuming, lovely flavour with no bitterness at all. I found it really refreshing hot and also after it had cooled off a bit. We intend to do another steep of it later on – blooming teas really have a lot to offer!

This wasn’t the most attractive bloom I’ve ever seen (there were 2 or 3 smallish white flowers – I presume jasmine flowers?), but all blooming teas are a treat to behold, and I am very impressed with the way the flavour held up (as I find that can be a bit of a disappointment on occasion). Loved it!

LiberTEAS

You may have gotten it in the box of teas from me… I did have a box of these that I was sharing with people in my sampler boxes for a while.

lanestew

do you think this would make a good iced tea?

Uniquity

I don’t happen to enjoy iced tea but I would imagine that if you do it would be refreshing. Mild though, but that might not be a problem.

I’m a fan of blooming teas. Loose leaf tea isn’t too popular in Texas, so when I’m steeping it in public (as I tend to do because I live on a college campus), people are attracted to the visual aspect of it. The bloom wasn’t as attractive as I expected, but it was still pretty.

The smell is great. I’m a fan of floral flavors, so I really love the taste of this tea. It’s weird to describe, but it tastes exactly as the flower smells. So, basically, it tastes lovely.

Bonnie

Don’t feel too bad,some are more for display than drinking and some are better made than others. Adagio is an average or less brand.

lanestew

What would you recommend as a higher quality brand? I just found Adagio last week and love their customer service and the tea isn’t so bad either.

Bonnie

The service is pretty good. There is a discussion thread about peoples favorite tea companies…lists based on great service and quality. I began looking at both the most popular tea’s and highest rating. Then I read reviews. Doing tea swaps was a good way to try tea also. Many companies have sample sizes. Teavivre will send you samples free for reviewing their tea. Go to their website and look for the free tea info.

Sounds good. Thank you!

This opens beautifully and the flavor is very nice. It has a mellow jasmine taste – not bitter or too sweet. The green tea is smooth and slightly vegetative. A very nice cup!

I think Adagio sent me one of these for free at some point, because I don’t remember buying it. Anyway, it’s very pretty of course and brews into a reasonable if mild jasmine green tea.

I feel no need to buy more of these, but there was nothing wrong with it either.

Cofftea

I really wish you could buy these individually.

mlc

Cofftea, maybe if you place an order for something else and ask nicely they will send you one?

A visual experience as well as a tea tasting one, the free sample from Adagio was very interesting to try. Details here: http://bit.ly/70GbtV

Looking for a blooming tea for my weekly ritual of a blooming tea on Sundays, I found this tea at a supermarket, and decided to try it. Not bad for a blooming tea found at a supermarket, nice to view and meditate on while sipping soothing tea on a Sunday… brews a small 4 cup tea pot just fine, haven’t made it for one cup.

Cofftea

What a good ritual!

Unfortunately, this note will be more on the aesthetics then the actual taste. I made this at my parents house, forgetting that their water always taste rather odd. Even though it was filtered, it still had this funky salty taste. I would like to try it again sometime to get an idea of the flavor. It was definitely fun to watch, though it unfurled rather slowly. The leaves didn’t break up, as some people seemed to be having trouble with. It had a wonderful smell, not too strong and perfumey.

I had 3 cups! Good Green Tea. Simply Put.

Just an average jasmine green to me. The flower is pretty, but not good for rebrewing.