Ti Kuan Yin

Oolong Tea
Nutty, Orchids
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

• “My 1st Ti Kuan Yin! I've seen lots of amazing tasting notes about Samovar's version(Monkey Picked Iron Goddess of Mercy), but I wasn't sure how big the sample size is and I have a butt load of...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “This is a lovely Oolong, sweet, pleasing orchid notes which are quite delicate at first, but reveal themselves more with the infusions that follow. I'm currently on my fourth infusion, and sadly...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4391 tasting notes
  • “Well, I was going to plow through the black tea sampler first, but I decided that I wanted to try something else instead. (I did actually drink a cup of yunnan jig this morning, but I just...drank...” Read full tasting note
    sophistre 158 tasting notes
  • “I have had this before and loved it. This love has continued to this batch as well. I would love to note more about this but I don't have time. Gotta love Tech week, moving, and school all at once...” Read full tasting note
    knifeblood102 98 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from the Fujian province of China. In Mandarin, Ti Kuan Yin means ‘iron goddess of mercy,’ a name derived from local legend. This tea is arguably the finest of Chinese oolongs, with competition-grade varieties selling for thousand of dollars a pound.

$24/4 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

I like clean, complex oolongs like this one. It tasted like a white tea a times and then it grew into this complex, slightly sweet oolong as I continued to drink the cup. Really complex flavors, each sip a little different than the last. Overall, had a hay type of scent and really pleasantly sweet aftertaste that was surprising. I will definitely drink this again.

Nice. Lightly oxidized, rich green color. Preferred to most oolongs. good for many infusions.

Decent green oolong, my sample is fairly old, but it’s still drinkable

My favorite out of the oolong sampler which has become an afternoon staple. A smooth oolong of moderate strength taste with floral notes. A great alternative for the green tea drinker.

This is a somewhat standard Ti Kuan Yin oolong – slightly floral, but still hints at that ‘woody’ oolong taste that you find in darker oolongs like Wu Yi. The floral elements in Adagio’s Ti Kuan Yin aren’t as present as I would like them to be, however. Additionally, they seem ‘simple’ somehow. This would be a good casual oolong. And perhaps the flavors could be brought out more with different steeping parameters.

AMAZING taste, hard to describe. In Mandarin, Ti Kuan Yin means ‘iron goddess of mercy,’ Thick, leafy balls of this oolong leaf tea just make it look like you’ll enjoy it. Has a very light and smooth flavor that I find really works well for an easy wake-up. This really zings when you add White Peach to it. I bought it as part of the Roots Campaign on Adiago = http://www.adagio.com/roots_campaign/wang_mei_rui.html?SID=ab73d2d6e173dae15bbc9d04ddffcc41

Too much on the green side to me

This is a really good, mild oolong tea…

One of my favorites. Light but wonderful taste.

First impressions, very good light and surprisingly fresh flavour, with a floral fragrence