Coconut Pouchong

Oolong Tea
Butter, Coconut, Cream, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Even as the temperature drops, you’ll have a tropical getaway with every cup of the exquisite Coconut Pouchong. This delicate and light oolong tea from Taiwan is combined with the flavor of fresh coconut to produce a very sweet flavor that’ll be sure to bring you back to the beach!

About Adagio Teas View company

I bought this as I was missing Golden Moon’s version of this. This is still decent, but it’s nothing compared to GM’s. I drank it iced. It was weak, I will up the leaf next time. The leaves smelled nom nom. I wouldn’t buy it again, but worthy of a try. It was missing the creamy coconut thickness I wanted.

This is a favorite of mine. The oolong is nice and light bodied. This leaves behind a slightly creamy mouthfeel. The coconut flavor profile is not super full but very delicious.

I just can’t make up my mind about this tea. With one cup, I am loving the delicate sweetness of the coconut, and the way it enhances the tea. Another cup, and I am not in love with the pouchong tea, which has a coarse and slightly harsh taste to me. I bought this as a sample, mostly because I love Adagio’s Thai Chai, and the coconut flavor in it. The sample is gone now, and I still can’t make up my mind if I like this tea or not.

Maybe I should flip a coin?

This was a decent cup, but not something I would reorder. The oolong taste is very light and the coconut is present but still subtle. The re-steep was pretty nice…but nothing wowza.

Save your money for a better tea.

I don’t have much experience with oolong, so this is new ground for me. Dry, this smells a lot like fresh coconut. The aroma extends into the brewed tea, which is a yellow green color. However, the taste is nutty and not very much like coconut at all. The coconut flavor sort of lingers in the mouth instead of kicking you in the teeth.

Kind of expensive (especially since it only makes one solid infusion), but it is a delightful treat. The coconut flavor is distinct without being overbearing. I like it a lot. Just wish it was more affordable.

Cofftea

That’s really disappointing since I can resteep the unflavored one like crazy.

This oolong tea was quite tasty. It gave off just a hint of coconut which was all i needed to enjoy the tea. The taste of the oolong leaves was quite powerful in my opinion but still a very good tea!

I actually really like this one. For an Adagio tea, it’s really quite nice. It’s a greener oolong so I almost automatically like it. Does well in the office. I have to add sweetener and it doesn’t quite have the syrupy texture of some ofthe other coconut oolongs, but it’s not bad by any means. If I needed to pick up some cconut oolong on “the cheap”, I certainly would consider this one. I only bought a sample so a sipdown should be coming shortly.

Not a bad cup

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Cream

205 °F / 96 °C 1 min, 0 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

This is seriously so good. I think I may have a favorite tea, you guys. The dry leaf smells so coconut-ty but then it brews up and smells all floral but not overpowering. Then you drink it and it’s so smooth and nuanced and just delicious! Oh, so good!!!

Flavors: Coconut, Flowers