Coconut Pouchong

Oolong Tea
Coconut, Tropical, Vegetal, Butter, Cream, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Even as the temperature drops, you’ll have a tropical getaway with every cup of the exquisite Coconut Pouchong. This delicate and light oolong tea from Taiwan is combined with the flavor of fresh coconut to produce a very sweet flavor that’ll be sure to bring you back to the beach!

About Adagio Teas View company

I bought this as I was missing Golden Moon’s version of this. This is still decent, but it’s nothing compared to GM’s. I drank it iced. It was weak, I will up the leaf next time. The leaves smelled nom nom. I wouldn’t buy it again, but worthy of a try. It was missing the creamy coconut thickness I wanted.

This is a favorite of mine. The oolong is nice and light bodied. This leaves behind a slightly creamy mouthfeel. The coconut flavor profile is not super full but very delicious.

I just can’t make up my mind about this tea. With one cup, I am loving the delicate sweetness of the coconut, and the way it enhances the tea. Another cup, and I am not in love with the pouchong tea, which has a coarse and slightly harsh taste to me. I bought this as a sample, mostly because I love Adagio’s Thai Chai, and the coconut flavor in it. The sample is gone now, and I still can’t make up my mind if I like this tea or not.

Maybe I should flip a coin?

This was a decent cup, but not something I would reorder. The oolong taste is very light and the coconut is present but still subtle. The re-steep was pretty nice…but nothing wowza.

Save your money for a better tea.

I don’t have much experience with oolong, so this is new ground for me. Dry, this smells a lot like fresh coconut. The aroma extends into the brewed tea, which is a yellow green color. However, the taste is nutty and not very much like coconut at all. The coconut flavor sort of lingers in the mouth instead of kicking you in the teeth.

Kind of expensive (especially since it only makes one solid infusion), but it is a delightful treat. The coconut flavor is distinct without being overbearing. I like it a lot. Just wish it was more affordable.

Cofftea

That’s really disappointing since I can resteep the unflavored one like crazy.

This oolong tea was quite tasty. It gave off just a hint of coconut which was all i needed to enjoy the tea. The taste of the oolong leaves was quite powerful in my opinion but still a very good tea!

Not my cup of tea TTB

Hmm. This one is quite nice. I’m not sure what pouchong is, but I think it is probably a type of oolong from the taste. The base is smooth and cooling. I’m not sure exactly what I mean by cooling, because I drank it hot, but it’s just that type of feeling I get from this tea. I expect this one would be great in the summer!

The coconut flavoring is more roasted than the coconut that is featured in Zen Tea’s Coconut oolong and Coconut green, which is a nice change of pace. I feel like too many coconut flavors now are creamy, or mixed with chocolate or other tropical flavors. This features the coconut and the base tea beautifully together.

I think I might end up keeping this sample, unless someone else wants it.
I’m trying to rush through this box, because I’m traveling next week, but I’m not having lots of time for tea tastings this week, but I shall try!

Liquid Proust

Pouchong is a lightly fermented oolong (green) tea. I generally find them to have a natural floral taste to them.

Used 1t sugar. Pleasant and mild coconut flavor.

Smells like toasted coconut before you steep it. Delicious fresh coconut flavor when you sip it. Not my favorite coconut oolong, but still tasty. Theres a note that I can’t place. I called it vegetal, but that may not be right.

Flavors: Coconut, Tropical, Vegetal