Coconut Pouchong

Oolong Tea
Coconut, Sweet, Tropical, Vegetal, Butter, Cream, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Even as the temperature drops, you’ll have a tropical getaway with every cup of the exquisite Coconut Pouchong. This delicate and light oolong tea from Taiwan is combined with the flavor of fresh coconut to produce a very sweet flavor that’ll be sure to bring you back to the beach!

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

Smells like toasted coconut before you steep it. Delicious fresh coconut flavor when you sip it. Not my favorite coconut oolong, but still tasty. Theres a note that I can’t place. I called it vegetal, but that may not be right.

Flavors: Coconut, Tropical, Vegetal

3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I got two packages today! One from a Teavana sale, and the other from Adagio. I did not expect to get both, but the timing is very appreciated, since I am leaving to visit my parents later today.

I’ve been really craving oolongs recently, and I thought I would try this as a lower expense tea I could drink often and still get a few steepings out of. I brewed it in one of Adagio’s steeper mugs that I picked up, because I had the points to get half off and I wanted a 12 oz mug for when I brewed teas I could resteep.

Okay, so this tea. I prefer more roasted oolongs, but this is nice. It’s not much else than nice, though. The oolong base is light and floral. It is pleasant enough, but I feel like the coconut flavor overpowers the base. I lose any sort of complexity that might exist within the oolong base. I find the coconut to have more of a roasted flavor, and I feel like it would be more suited for a less floral base. I wish I had bought the unflavored version of this tea to compare the two.

However, my cup of tea is more than enjoyable. It is a light tea, but it has some body, the kind of light but not too light profile I like in oolongs. I’m glad I bought it. When I resteep this cup and also when I drink this more often, I’ll have a more telling opinion. I don’t know if I would actually repurchase this right now, even though I like it.

I actually really like this one. For an Adagio tea, it’s really quite nice. It’s a greener oolong so I almost automatically like it. Does well in the office. I have to add sweetener and it doesn’t quite have the syrupy texture of some ofthe other coconut oolongs, but it’s not bad by any means. If I needed to pick up some cconut oolong on “the cheap”, I certainly would consider this one. I only bought a sample so a sipdown should be coming shortly.

Not a bad cup

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Cream

205 °F / 96 °C 1 min, 0 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

This is seriously so good. I think I may have a favorite tea, you guys. The dry leaf smells so coconut-ty but then it brews up and smells all floral but not overpowering. Then you drink it and it’s so smooth and nuanced and just delicious! Oh, so good!!!

Flavors: Coconut, Flowers

The coconut pairs really well with the oolong and provides a nice flavor where the coconut is noticeable but not overpowering.

A very green tasting oolong with a faint coconut flavor and aroma. The tea tastes less green and less like coconut on each subsequent steep. I liked the second steep the best. Not the type of tea I normally drink, but pretty good overall. Prepared with stevia.

Gaiwan brewed. I found this one impressive at how the light smoothness of the pouchong and coconut seemed to blend together very nicely at first. By the second infusion the tea seemed to pick up some slight off taste to it that was hard to place. After drinking around half of the second infusion I felt the need to dump it and throw out the rest of the leaves from how it was starting to turn my stomach in an undesirable way.