Chocolate Chai

Black Chai Blend
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Sugar, Spices, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes, Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 g 10 oz / 300 ml

From Adagio Teas

While the greatest chocolates may come from Switzerland, the best chocolate tea undoubtedly comes from Adagio. And we guarantee that you won’t choose to remain neutral. This decadent treat infuses the flavor of rich chocolate with the bright, full taste of Ceylon black tea. A rich sugar-free treat, delectable both hot and cold.

About Adagio Teas View company

I don’t care much for chocolate, so I can’t remember why I ended up buying a sample pack of this from Adagio, but I’m glad I did. I ended up buying a full 3oz. bag after that.

The chocolate flavor is definitely subtle, perfect for me, and so are the spices. Mostly I taste cinnamon and ginger. Overall, this brews up to be a very mellow tea but pleasantly flavorful. A nice cup for any time of the day.

I add milk and turbinado sugar to my teas, and the milk really adds some creaminess that compliments the chocolate. Reminds me of a chocolate gingerbread cookie. I always reorder this when I run out. It’s not extraordinary, but it is a comforting, smooth blend.

I was really hesitant to try this tea, since chocolate is usually a difficult flavor to get right in a drink, and the leaves have a spicy, almost cinnamon like aroma to them which brought back memories of the shock that you get when you first taste bitter baking chocolate and expect it to be like the sweet chocolate that you normally eat.

HOWEVER, I was actually (and pleasantly) surprised by how this tea came out, as the chocolate mellows out into a subtle accent, with just a hint of the bitterness coming through that does well to balance the flavor of the chai itself. The aroma does tend to be on the bitter side of the chocolate spectrum, but it’s enjoyable when mixed with the aroma of the chai, and creates a really nice, spicy note that accents the flavor.

Firstly, this tea smells wonderful out of the tin. When brewed, I do not get a ton of chocolate flavor, mostly cinnamon and clove. (I think). The spice taste could be a little stronger, but it is a very drinkable tea.

Cofftea

I was disappointed w/ the chocolate in this as well. If you like cayenne in your chai, I’d suggest 52teas’ Mayan Chocolate Chai.

J W

Thanks for the tip! I am trying out different chais, as my boyfriend is something of a chai hound.

I really enjoyed this. I tried it in a local tea room before buying, and found that I liked the chocolate note being very subtle as opposed to IN YOUR FACE sweet. The spices seem gentler than other chai blends I have in my cupboard. It is light, spicy, and sweet. Very enjoyable.

The flavour is decent, but too mild. Tastes more like chocolate than chai. I’ve been blending with my vanilla chais, and that worked rather well.

We selected this as our free sample with a recent order from Adagio.
As I added it to my Steepster “cupboard” I noted there is also an Adagio raspberry chocolate chai. I missed that one or probably have picked it (sounds delish!)

But I was pleasantly surprised by a Sat. delivery of my Adagio order. What better treat on a crisp fall day? We decided to try this one first, having not tasted it before.

That said, I’m happy I chose the the chocolate chai. It’s very yummy. It’s low key on the spice as a chai goes; I thought it worked well as the flavor profile was nice with the chocolate. It provides a nice gentle flavor with a heavenly aroma.

I’m down to just a couple more servings left of loose Chai in the house. This is it. I’m all out of Masala Chai. My feet were painfully cold just now, so I turned the AC up a few degrees so it would stop freezing me out, and brewed up some of this in my neglected IngenuiTea.

It smells nicely of chocolate, and has just a hint of it in the taste.

I made it with sugar and milk (I’m out of half & half), and whipped it with my frother to latte it up. So nice and warming on this rainy afternoon.

It’s a quite tasty chai tea with a very mild chocolate flavour. I prepared it with water and milk (1:1 ratio).

Flavors: Chocolate

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 7 OZ / 200 ML

Aaand it’s gone! I really liked this chai. Usually all chai’s taste the same to me but I love the chocolate in this one :3 This one is strong in the cinnamon and clove but the milk chocolate flavor mellows the spice and kind of rounds it.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Sugar

As far as the chai, nice medium spices. I’ve been having too many overly spiced chaos lately. The chocolate, not bad. I taste it… enjoy it, am glad to have it. I really like chocolate teas lately. Not that it really needed it but I added a couple drops of chocolate stevia. Yum, yum!

I was surprised to see that 2 tsp. were recommended for 8 oz. Really quite a nice cup. I’m glad that the Teeny Tiny TTB had a large sample. Definitely a tea I will be keeping from the box!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Ginger