Chocolate Chai

Black Chai Blend
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Spices, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes, Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 g 11 oz / 325 ml

• “Today being the cold and long day that it was, I was starting to get comfortable under some blankets watching TV while starting to fall asleep. It being barely 8pm, I decided that couldn't happen....” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes
  • “This is the fourth of six in the Adagio chai sampler. I made this on the stovetop with 1% milk, Splenda and the SpecialTeas Cream with Cocoa Pieces as the extra black tea. I think using the...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Big thanks to the lovely Darby for this - since Adagio's international shipping costs are ludicrous, a swap was the only way for me to try their stuff. I seem to be in the minority, but I really...” Read full tasting note
    rubywooscarlett 27 tasting notes
  • “*sipdown* thanks for sharing this with me terri! the last little bit of your tea. Sadly i don't get much in the way of chocolate from this but it's not a bad little chai. ” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

While the greatest chocolates may come from Switzerland, the best chocolate tea undoubtedly comes from Adagio. And we guarantee that you won’t choose to remain neutral. This decadent treat infuses the flavor of rich chocolate with the bright, full taste of Ceylon black tea. A rich sugar-free treat, delectable both hot and cold.

About Adagio Teas View company

This is a good chai. The spices are distinct. However, I am puzzled because of the word “chocolate” displayed prominently in the name, and which, in the first place, prompted me to try it. There isn’t detectible chocolate here, and I brewed it a couple of times. Apparently, chocolate is not an easy flavor to convey in tea. Don’t get me wrong; I like this black tea. But the company should remove “chocolate” from the name. It could be misleading because the focus is not on the chocolate.

EDIT: I had only had this tea hot. To be fair, I’d like to edit my tasting note. When fully cold, I could feel a subtle, almost woody chocolate flavor. Interestingly, when it’s completely cold, the spices were not as prominent as in the hot tea.

I really like the idea of this tea but the actual tea was just okay. I enjoyed it. It was good. But it didn’t excite me or make me want to make sure I keep it on hand at all times. I will probably try to add a little milk to it next time and see how I like that.

Flavors: Chocolate

I thought it would taste a bit more chocolatey than this, but I did enjoy it. With a bit of milk and a touch of agave, it was a wonderful dessert treat!

I received this tonight in the mail, and I was very impressed. I had been longing for something spicy, yet decadent, and this fit the bill perfectly. The spices hit you first, followed by the creamy chocolate afterwards. I tried it first plain, but felt it needed just a little something, so I added a splash of milk and a bit of sugar, and it was perfect. Highly recommended!

This was a pretty good tea, but I didn’t taste the chocolate. The strongest flavor was ginger, and I liked that. (Steve had a sip and said cinnamon was what stood out to him.) The first half of the cup was better than the last half (some leftover tea bits settled at the bottom and made it strong and a little bitter; this is a tea to be careful about oversteeping). I will definitely enjoying finishing the remainder of the sample I bought, but I probably won’t purchase more afterward.

I used 2 tsp of tea for about 15oz of water, and about 3/4 a tsp of rock sugar.

Light and smooth chocolate flavor. Definitely nowhere near hot chocolate. Was good with sugar and soymilk.

Couldn’t wait to try this one…chocolate, chai…does it get any better? Well, maybe. The aroma of this unbrewed chai is delicious and smells like Mexican hot chocolate. If you’re not a fan of cinnamon and chocolate, you might not like the aroma. Once brewed, the liquor turns a beautiful, warm dark amber brown and the chocolate aroma is still present. But, that’s the end of the chocolate. The cinnamon and cloves overpower the chocolate in this chai blend although it stills makes for a decent cup of tea if you’re looking for something with a bite or punch cuz it’s a spicy one! Don’t know if I’d want to buy this one again, though.

The chocolate is pretty much an undertone, sadly, but this still makes a pretty yummy cup for an afternoon snack. I added a touch of half and half and a generous tsp of sugar, and it sort of reminded me of subtle, spicy hot chocolate.

Good, but not great. I like this tea. It goes great with some milk and sugar. It tastes like a spiced chocolate latte.

It’s not something I’d drink every day, but it is one of those I’d want to have around for when I need something to cozy up with.

Mayan Chocolate is what I thought of when tasting this.

Chocolate and cinnamon, neither overpowering the other.

Quite enjoyable.