Chocolate Chai

Black Chai Blend
Cardamon, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Cloves, Sweet, Whiskey, Sugar, Spices, Sweet Potatoes
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

While the greatest chocolates may come from Switzerland, the best chocolate tea undoubtedly comes from Adagio. And we guarantee that you won’t choose to remain neutral. This decadent treat infuses the flavor of rich chocolate with the bright, full taste of Ceylon black tea. A rich sugar-free treat, delectable both hot and cold.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

This was a pretty good tea, but I didn’t taste the chocolate. The strongest flavor was ginger, and I liked that. (Steve had a sip and said cinnamon was what stood out to him.) The first half of the cup was better than the last half (some leftover tea bits settled at the bottom and made it strong and a little bitter; this is a tea to be careful about oversteeping). I will definitely enjoying finishing the remainder of the sample I bought, but I probably won’t purchase more afterward.

I used 2 tsp of tea for about 15oz of water, and about 3/4 a tsp of rock sugar.

Light and smooth chocolate flavor. Definitely nowhere near hot chocolate. Was good with sugar and soymilk.

Couldn’t wait to try this one…chocolate, chai…does it get any better? Well, maybe. The aroma of this unbrewed chai is delicious and smells like Mexican hot chocolate. If you’re not a fan of cinnamon and chocolate, you might not like the aroma. Once brewed, the liquor turns a beautiful, warm dark amber brown and the chocolate aroma is still present. But, that’s the end of the chocolate. The cinnamon and cloves overpower the chocolate in this chai blend although it stills makes for a decent cup of tea if you’re looking for something with a bite or punch cuz it’s a spicy one! Don’t know if I’d want to buy this one again, though.

The chocolate is pretty much an undertone, sadly, but this still makes a pretty yummy cup for an afternoon snack. I added a touch of half and half and a generous tsp of sugar, and it sort of reminded me of subtle, spicy hot chocolate.

Good, but not great. I like this tea. It goes great with some milk and sugar. It tastes like a spiced chocolate latte.

It’s not something I’d drink every day, but it is one of those I’d want to have around for when I need something to cozy up with.

Mayan Chocolate is what I thought of when tasting this.

Chocolate and cinnamon, neither overpowering the other.

Quite enjoyable.

With a bite and some sweetness, this is a great tea to get you through an afternoon. It isn’t so sweet that it is a dessert and has a nice bite (from the chai) to give you that extra boost through whatever you are doing (not through caffeine though).

Just finished a 3 oz. bag. Not bad for a chai, but I prefer others. May buy it again at some point, but not any time soon. I did like that this one was light on the spice. (I think it is clove that does not agree with my palate.)

Not a fan of this one. Smell is great, but taste is so-so. A bit of cinnamon spice comes through, esp. with milk.

Part of the chai sampler I ordered. It was good, though I preferred the chai teas with more spice flavor to this one. However, my chocoholic husband really enjoyed the slight chocolate flavor.