Chocolate Chai

Black Chai Blend
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Spices, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes, Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 g 11 oz / 325 ml

• “Today being the cold and long day that it was, I was starting to get comfortable under some blankets watching TV while starting to fall asleep. It being barely 8pm, I decided that couldn't happen....” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes
  • “This is the fourth of six in the Adagio chai sampler. I made this on the stovetop with 1% milk, Splenda and the SpecialTeas Cream with Cocoa Pieces as the extra black tea. I think using the...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 952 tasting notes
  • “Big thanks to the lovely Darby for this - since Adagio's international shipping costs are ludicrous, a swap was the only way for me to try their stuff. I seem to be in the minority, but I really...” Read full tasting note
    rubywooscarlett 27 tasting notes
  • “*sipdown* thanks for sharing this with me terri! the last little bit of your tea. Sadly i don't get much in the way of chocolate from this but it's not a bad little chai. ” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4871 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

While the greatest chocolates may come from Switzerland, the best chocolate tea undoubtedly comes from Adagio. And we guarantee that you won’t choose to remain neutral. This decadent treat infuses the flavor of rich chocolate with the bright, full taste of Ceylon black tea. A rich sugar-free treat, delectable both hot and cold.

About Adagio Teas View company

With a bite and some sweetness, this is a great tea to get you through an afternoon. It isn’t so sweet that it is a dessert and has a nice bite (from the chai) to give you that extra boost through whatever you are doing (not through caffeine though).

Just finished a 3 oz. bag. Not bad for a chai, but I prefer others. May buy it again at some point, but not any time soon. I did like that this one was light on the spice. (I think it is clove that does not agree with my palate.)

Not a fan of this one. Smell is great, but taste is so-so. A bit of cinnamon spice comes through, esp. with milk.

Part of the chai sampler I ordered. It was good, though I preferred the chai teas with more spice flavor to this one. However, my chocoholic husband really enjoyed the slight chocolate flavor.

Wonderful smell to the tea itself, even before steeping. Although, it definitely has a strong cinnamon hit. I prepared this with honey and a little bit of milk, which I think helped bring some of the chocolate flavors to the surface, but the cinnamon was still quite strong. I enjoyed this, but the chocolate could have been a bit more prominent.

I really love this tea. It has the right amount of spice and chocolate. Best with a little sugar.

Can you tell my Adagio order just came in? The smell of the dry leaves make me feel like I’m in a Christmas store. Warm and spicy. The tea itself just tastes like spice until you add sweetener and soymilk. The chocolate flavor is very light and smooth rather than powerfully sweet. A decent tea, but I doubt I’ll order more.