Spiced Apple Chai

Black Chai Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

The classic combination of apples and spice are supremely enhanced in our Spiced Apple Chai. A lively blend of black tea, Masala spices and bright notes of crisp apple will delight your senses.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz up, boiling water for 5 minutes, Sugar, cream or soy milk if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

Really, really caffeinated today. For some reason this reminded me of pine and cleaning solvent. I didn’t really focus on the tea as much as I would have liked to, but still didn’t really get the apple.

Cofftea

Steep it in apple juice.

Autumy. Very pleasant. Nice balance of apple and spices.

The spices are more like mulling spices than some chai ‘whoa this is spicy’ chais. Which works for this blend.

Normally I drink chai with milk but for my first cuppa I drank it straight up and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I thought my british background would have ruined me for drinking black teas without milk but I’m reconditioning myself apparently.

In the past, I’d always been unsatisfied with my chais. Either the texture wasn’t sufficiently creamy or the flavor was weak. Even with cream as the milky ingredient, it wasn’t quite right. Adam suggested I try using sweetened condensed milk as both the milky ingredient and the sweetener, and I gave it a try this morning.

It did the trick.

I admit, I often like my teas both sweeter and milkier than others. As a result, I put four teaspoons (table-wear, not measuring spoons) of sweetened condensed milk in my tea, however, this is an oversize mug of tea (at least 2 cups’ worth). I’d say two teaspoons per cup is enough to create a pleasantly creamy, quite sweet, spicy chai. The unfortunate side effect of this much added flavor in my tea is the apple flavoring has disappeared. Still, I’m enjoying my mug of tea.

I just made a cup of this… it’s my first tea from my first Adagio order ever. I’m so excited, I can barely sit still. I have twelve little boxes of tea that all smell amazing. Making a decision about what to drink first was hard, but I made a good choice with this one.
It’s not super-strong. I think I might use a little more tea next time. This is pretty mild, but the apple and spice flavors are solid. I added milk and sugar, and I literally cannot put my cup down. I’m trying to sip it, but the tea is disappearing from my cup a little more quickly than I’d like. Guess I’ll just have to make another cup! :)

laurenpressley

Yayayay! I’m so glad that the order came and that it’s living up to (past?) expectations!! I love teas that are impossible to put down. :)

Very good apple and spice flavour. It tastes a lot like hot apple cider.

I won’t go too in-depth, I think many others are spot-on in their reviews.

I tried this for the first time after work yesterday. It’s exactly what I was expecting. A great blend of cinnamon and apple. I prepared it without milk originally to sample the taste, and then had a brilliant idea of adding some caramel topping syrup I had with the hot cup. It created an amazing taste that could easily become my favorite dessert tea.

EDIT: Just noticed some terrible misspellings. That’s what I get for writing in a hurry.

I love this tea. It’s both spicy and sweet, and absolutely delicious. The apple flavor is subtle, but definitely there. I added milk and honey, and drank this tea with the apple pancakes I ate for breakfast — mmmmmmm. YUM. A great start to a lazy Sunday morning.

I will admit that I cannot help but raise a skeptical eyebrow at anything from adagio after someone bought me the strawberry black + blueberry black loose leaf tea. Doesn’t take a lot of imagination to figure out I didn’t like them. I gave it all away, and the only perk of the tea was I liked the tins.

Imagine my mixed feelings when a sample came to me for their spiced apple chai.
I love chai. I love apples. I love tea.
Would I love this?

The answer is, yup.
I mean I wasn’t sure ‘does one add milk (as I do in all my chai) to a fruit chai.
I think the answer was safely ’no’ when I made the brew it wasn’t in need.
Rather it was fresh, fruity and dare I say almost like having exotic amazing apple cider (I can’t think of a better analogy because I don’t think this one paintsthe enticing picture this one deserves, but alas….)

Know adagio hasn’t won me over utterly with this, no matter how fab.
Tea scars don’t heal completely…but perhaps I will give them another sip. ;)

I’ve just purchased a couple of Adagio samplers, which is why I have been logging about so many of their teas lately. This is a great drink for a chilly fall morning. The spiced cider flavor is really pronounced but not overwhelming. I enjoyed this with steamed milk and a touch of honey.

What happened? This used to be really good! I remember buying it a couple years ago and it was delicious, with lots of apple flavor. It was like apple pie in a cup! Now though, it’s a bland excuse for chai that smells more like apples than it tastes. Very disappointing.