Spiced Apple Chai

Black Chai Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

The classic combination of apples and spice are supremely enhanced in our Spiced Apple Chai. A lively blend of black tea, Masala spices and bright notes of crisp apple will delight your senses.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz up, boiling water for 5 minutes, Sugar, cream or soy milk if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

I could not drink this tea. It left a very bad aftertaste in my mouth, and this is definitely not my kind of tea. However, I’m used to green, white, and rooibos teas.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is amazing. Very appley, tasted super amazing with a dash of milk and agave. I would love a hair more apple flavor, but it is pretty great how it is!

Smells really good! Like apple cider. The taste doesn’t live up to it, & it has a kind of bitter aftertaste I don’t like at all — I tried a 2nd steeping at a lower temperature/shorter time because why not & it turned out marginally less horrifying, but I suspect it’s something about the particular mix of spices here that I’m not agreeing with

So many spices and appley goodness! It is like a perfect Apple cider with a Masala style zing. It is perfect for a cold morning. The aroma or both the leaves and the liquid is like autumn, all apples and warm spices. My only complaint is that the apple cider taste seems to drown out the tea making it more like drinking cider than tea. Delicious but not so much a tea experience as an apple one.

Sarah – very good. Rating: 90

Once again, Adagio’s chai is excellent on the spices and flavoring, but the tea itself is a little weak (or weakly flavored). This is a lot more “autumnal” than I expected it to be—very, very cidery.

This is a wonderful, warm and cozy chai. The cinnamon and clove are complemented by a rich apple flavor. It smells like spiced hot apple cider that has been mulling on a stove top. I enjoy a tsp of sugar with my cup and then I like to close my eyes and pretend it’s autumn :)

Definite holiday drink. The scent out of the bag is STRONG, but in the beverage the scent is not overpowering. The tastes you’d associate with chai are all there, along with apple and cinnamon, making the quintessential holiday beverage to keep you warm without resorting to alcohol or cider.

The cinnamon will prick you a bit in the back of your throat. Nice surprise.

The cinnamon in this is wonderful! Well balanced by the apple- I could literally stick my nose in my canister and sniff for 5 minutes and be totally happy. With some honey, this tea is the bees knees.

I cannot for the life of me remember who sent me this, so thank you and sorry! Made this as a stovetop chai and the apple certainly adds something to this blend – a sort of appley sweetness that goes REALLY well with the spices.