Thai Chai

Black Chai Herbal Blend
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Chicken Soup, Cloves, Lemon Zest, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Silky sweet coconut and playful bright lemongrass highlight this seductive black tea chai blend. Let the aroma draw you in and you’ll swear you hear it beckoning…come closer, just take a sip.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz up, boiling water for 5 minutes, Sugar, cream or coconut milk if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

Finishing off the chai sampler pack. First off, there’s a reason this one is the last little chai packet from Adagio to disappear off the shelf. And that reason is: soap.

When I first tried this, months ago, I couldn’t get over how soapy this tea was. I knew it was the lemongrass. Even though I like lemongrass, and drink it in other herbal teas, something about it here just screams SOAP! in my mouth and in my nose. Naturally I wasn’t eager to go for that second cup.

Fast forward some time. I’ve gone through the rest of my open chai teas and this one is still sitting there. Waiting. I read reviews online and bite the bullet. It still smells and tastes of soap, but not to the crazy levels it had before. I added a healthy amount of milk to my cup, and that calms the lemongrass/soap flavor down into manageable levels. I’m not typically one for milk or sweetener, but I’d say milk and honey are a must for this tea. It was much better after their addition.

The underlying taste of the tea is different from other Adagio chais I’ve tried. There are no cloves here, making it a nice change of pace. Not a tea I would reach for first. The rating reflects a “well, it was way better with milk” attitude.

I love coconut and chai. These together are delish! I added a little coconut milk and its even better. I will definitly search out more chai blends with coconut. Really good combo!

Great blend of coconut and spices.

I didn’t taste the spiciness that I associate with chai tea, which was sort of a bummer for me. I’m a huge fan of masala chai, so I’m really used to heavy cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom. This tea is lighter, and the flavor of the lemongrass and coconut pop more than the spices.

That aside, this is a really great tea, and I think the only chai I prefer without milk and sugar.

Wow this has to be the best Chai tea that I have ever had. Personally I’ve never really liked Masala styel Chai as it always seemed too spicy to me. This Thai Chai has a much lighter and smoother taste to it which is wonderful plain. The lemongrass and coconut adds enough sweetness and creamy smoothness to make the tea able to stand on its own which I find to be quite rare among flavored teas to which generally demand sugar to be added in order for the flavor to taste right. For the second half of the cup I did an experiment and added some of the rock sugar sample that I had to the tea and I think the added sugar actually hindered more than improved the taste of the tea as it dulled the edges of the spices that were in the tea a bit too much to the point that I don’t even want to find out what a splash of milk would do to the tea.

Wish I was more impressed, but, find this flavor to be bit of a dud. Soft to the tounge, yes, but I like my Chai with that “bite”

Tastes more like perfume & butter than the strong, rich flavor I expect and crave with chai style tea. Not the best in Adagio’s chai selections.

This is very well done. A little different for me, as chais go, but I really liked it

I love the smell of this mix. You can taste and smell the lemongrass and coconut mixed in with the chai spices. One of my favourites so far.

An excellent chai. Perfect with sugar and a little bit of milk. Not as strong as Adagio’s Masala Chai (one of my favorites) but the coconut and lemon flavors make this stand out beautifully. A new favorite I’ll want to keep around.