Thai Chai

Black Chai Herbal Blend
Chicken Soup, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Zest, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I decided to finish off my last little bit of Thai Chai in style - by making it traditional-style like I've been saying I will for months. I used this recipe on the website...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1573 tasting notes
  • “Onto some more samples from *CHAroma* tonight as I await trick-or-treaters! I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting with this one, but I was initially quite put off by a very soapy aroma from...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “In celebration of Coconut Day, I invite you, steepsterites, to join me in a rousing rendition of The Coconut Song, which I have just made up on the spot even though there are songs about coconuts...” Read full tasting note
    chibibigos 382 tasting notes
  • “So, I still haven't gotten around to trying this one with coconut milk, and I probably won't. I think there's only a cup's worth left and I don't think it's worth repurchasing. On one hand, I...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Silky sweet coconut and playful bright lemongrass highlight this seductive black tea chai blend. Let the aroma draw you in and you’ll swear you hear it beckoning…come closer, just take a sip.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz up, boiling water for 5 minutes, Sugar, cream or coconut milk if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

Great blend of coconut and spices.

I didn’t taste the spiciness that I associate with chai tea, which was sort of a bummer for me. I’m a huge fan of masala chai, so I’m really used to heavy cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom. This tea is lighter, and the flavor of the lemongrass and coconut pop more than the spices.

That aside, this is a really great tea, and I think the only chai I prefer without milk and sugar.

This is a very delicious tea! I love that the lemongrass is so prominent, makes it very unique from the other thai chai flavors I have had. I put a bit of raw sugar and almond milk in it and it was divine!

Wow this has to be the best Chai tea that I have ever had. Personally I’ve never really liked Masala styel Chai as it always seemed too spicy to me. This Thai Chai has a much lighter and smoother taste to it which is wonderful plain. The lemongrass and coconut adds enough sweetness and creamy smoothness to make the tea able to stand on its own which I find to be quite rare among flavored teas to which generally demand sugar to be added in order for the flavor to taste right. For the second half of the cup I did an experiment and added some of the rock sugar sample that I had to the tea and I think the added sugar actually hindered more than improved the taste of the tea as it dulled the edges of the spices that were in the tea a bit too much to the point that I don’t even want to find out what a splash of milk would do to the tea.

Wish I was more impressed, but, find this flavor to be bit of a dud. Soft to the tounge, yes, but I like my Chai with that “bite”

Tastes more like perfume & butter than the strong, rich flavor I expect and crave with chai style tea. Not the best in Adagio’s chai selections.

This is very well done. A little different for me, as chais go, but I really liked it

I love the smell of this mix. You can taste and smell the lemongrass and coconut mixed in with the chai spices. One of my favourites so far.

An excellent chai. Perfect with sugar and a little bit of milk. Not as strong as Adagio’s Masala Chai (one of my favorites) but the coconut and lemon flavors make this stand out beautifully. A new favorite I’ll want to keep around.